4x4 grow tent set up, first time growing!

Re: 4x4 grow tent set up ,first time growing!

Good stuff, are you running RO water? If you have hard water it will fuck with your PH, RO is easier but it costs money.

This seems like a good deal, similar to what I have, you can run a splitter in the line to a reservoir with a float valve, with a 4x4 tent you won't need a ton of water, so you could do the install in your kitchen and use the RO in tea and coffee cooking etc.
takes out most of the chems from the treatment plant and you ppm's should be nearly zero.

reverse osmosis | eBay

Not saying buy this one but those filters will last you a few years. Just buy a splitter and add it in just before the faucet and run the line to the reservoir with the float.

For soil an optimum root zone pH is between 6.0 and 7.0, with the most time spent with a pH between 6.2 - 7.0.

i was thinking of using 5 gallon purified water. would this work? HEY have you seen the new tea for the plants? what do you think of that bro? and the soil/hydro hybrid method, looks promising!

It is good, but not required when you have a good nute regime. Beneficials are a great addition, but you can over do it, if your just starting out I would recommend getting your skills down first before adding to many variables, if you fuck it up with a lot of variables it is hard to know what went wrong when your fairly new. Knome sayin :) you can have great success with a simple setup.

Your the type of guy who will do his homework, I found that sometimes you fall into that marketing trap, the next greatest thing, pretty much everything on the market today will work to some degree but a lot of the success is still providing the environment for successful grow. And genetics has a lot to do with what your expectations are as well, if you want high yield buy a high yielding strain, you want lotsa frost for hash by a hash plant, ya want indica get it, so on and so forth, Some people buy genetics because it has been hyped and then try all sorts of ways to make it do something that it was never intended to do like produce more frost, or develop bigger buds, there is no magic bullet, only putting together your components in a way that will produce the desired effect, like an orchestra, or a jazz band, Heavy metal, Country. The end result is music, the components have been organized to get the desired result.

Lots of reading, and listening to the experts, on youtube you can watch some emerald cup videos where they have panel discussions with some real big fish in the industry, they talk about all the important topics.

I watchem when the wife goes to sleep, whenever I put something technical on the tele she is out like a light :). but I love to hear from these people, you will find the more you know the more what these people say makes sense, but every now and then it is a bit out there. Nice and simple you will see where your improvements need to be, you will want to do things a certain way, develop your own technique, adopt someone else's technique, try some stuff, give up on some stuff. It's a hobby in a sense.

If you can compost your kitchen scraps and have a veggie garden it's a great place to recycle soil and hone some gardening skills. If you like tomatoes it's a good place to start.

yes it is a hobby of mine as i actually do pretty well from the 7-3:15 lol i was thinking that the other day of the compost beacuse when i went to home depot i seen this compost barrel or something like that. next time i go i think i will get it. so get this bro i get the the wrong ballast. the box says its the V2 with 1000/750/600 watts, but when i open it to my surprice it was the older version with 1000/600/400watts ! to say the least im pissed. the double ended bulb is correct so at least that is good. well im contacting them to switch it out, and im going to ask for over night shipping since i paid for two day, seems fair to me.

Ya they should make it right for sure, some of these places man I tell ya, I bought some hydrogen peroxide from a store a while back, didn't use it for a month, I opened it and the seal was broken, there is no way to prove without a lab but I bet they skimmed some from the bottles. Then another time I bought a bag of organic nutrients 2.2lb said on the price sticker, when I got home the bag at the bottome had the 2.2 lb rubbed out with a marker. So I weighed it it was 950 grams so basically just under a kilo, which is 2.2 lbs, they skimmed from the bags, went to the vendor website, number didn't work email was a dead end, went back to the store and they had no idea what was happening. Then they checked the shelves, all the bags were like that. You really have to watch your shit sometimes.

As this adventure continues i am finding that watching your stuff is one off the top priorities. Just because they say it is, doesn't make it true. Personal confirmation is needed. the vendor just refunded me my money back as they did not have the correct ballast. funny i thought. so i bought it from another vendor. which they confirmed that they had the right one by opening the box and visually inspecting it. i was extremely happy with the customer service. They even had a better price!

Meta tron bro, my garden shop guy was telling me that the double ended would need to be like 3-4 feet away from the plants, that it is very intense. What do you think? i have 4x4x6 tent. I was thinking i could make shift the room into a grow room, i thought about this before the tent. with no tent i would only gain 10 inches height but i could gain 1-2 feet length. another reason i didn't really want to do that is because well its my boiler/ furnace room so i didn't know if it was a real good idea. the room has a intake already and a exhaust so it occurred to me that with a tent the smell would be more manageable. So im kinda wanting to take the tent down and just use the room. i was thinking of having the 6in hyper fan as the intake and get a 8 inch hyper fan with carbon filter and use that as the exhaust(with duct silencers on both as i do need stealth). and put reflective coating around the grow area, and some how air tight the door, a buddie of mine was saying i could use a tarp/Velcro around the door. This would only happen if the light is too intense. I am ok with the 4x4 but a 5x5 or 5x6 area would give them more grow room. still doing home work before the seeds arrive. Any input from any one would be much appreciated. Thank you

The Ballast does have a dimming option, I know people say that dimming hurts the spectrum, I could see it but I am not convinced it is a big deal, I would start the plants on the lowest dimming setting and harden them off to the light by turning it up a week at a time and keep a fan on the canopy. If the highest setting is too bright and scorching the leaves turn it back down to the lowest setting for a few days then back up to half.

Did the hydro guy try to sell you a taller tent?

If you did make the space for flowering you could always use the tent for a veg tent or to keep males for pollen chucking. Sounds like that light is the bomb.

Also you could do some training with your girls to keep them low profile, run strains with minimal stretch. Try the tent and prepare for the back up of building the second area.

Meta tron your like that wise master training a young apprentice. That was something i did read about having to start them low to high, so will do that. how long do i have to keep them at each setting before bumping up the watts?

The hydro did not try selling me a tent:bravo:, just said about the light being really intense and i would need more distance to the canopy of the plants.

Ya, thats what i would use that tent for veg, i got a spot i got in mind. Any tips on how to help with the order control? i do have people come over so i need stealth. Do you really just need really good ventilation?

I went for all indica strains. My thought so let me know if im not thinking straight, was to let them grow to 2-3 feet then flower them.

Odour control, start at the source, you can choose strains that aren't as stinky but that's no fun, Indicas typically have a fruitier smell when flowering but most of them also have a pungent undertone that gives it away.

The area you build should be completely enclosed with an air intakes and exhaust on opposite sides of the area so air travels across the plants. You want negative pressure, which means air is always trying to get in, and the only escape is through a carbon filter, carbon filter is what will scrub the smell from the air.

The air travels through the carbon and the particles are trapped in the media, but if you run the Exhaust fan and filter to fast some will escape. You really need to tune it to your space. Your setup looks like this, speed controller fan and filter.

To tune it to your space turn the fan on half speed with the lights on and check your temps, I use a remote indoor outdoor thermometer so I can do other stuff while I monitor the temps cause it can take an hour or so for things to stabilize.

When your temps are at the optimum that's where you want your speed controller set at.

If your space is naturally cooler odour control will be easier, run the fan speed slower, but just remember every time you enter the room the smell escapes, every time the power goes out same thing.

Good way to test if your odour control works, go outside, like outside your house for 15 minutes, come back in, have a sniff, don't do it high. Put some air fresheners at your front door, cook spicey smelly food for dinner, explore your Mexican, indian food side. Make some butter from plant material and cook with it.

Since we are on the subject of security, Put a lock on the door to your room, people are nosey, never admit to doing anything illegal. Keep your shit in order, house clean bills paid, appearances are EVERYTHING... People are very nosey... if you look the part you are the part that's the way the world works. This should be an exercise in blending, be nice to everyone but keep to yourself as much as practical in your neighborhood, everything should blend.

Odour control should be the easy part, but all the other things I mentioned are tied in with it. No sell, No smell, No tell, the three N's, Nobody ever should be told about it, never ever ever ever share what your doing with a woman ever, never. The minute your on the shit list and they are commiserating with a friend you know the drill, they say something like this "Don't tell anyone it's a secret, but did you know that no good asshole does this and that" BAM... Busted!!! resist the urge to share, it will get you busted, infact that's the only way you will get busted, unless your doing other nefarious things. This is where blending is so important.

this is the set up so far let me know what you guys think.
20150310_205742.jpg
20150310_205726.jpg
20150310_205658.jpg
20150310_205335.jpg
20150310_205309.jpg
20150310_204741.jpg
20150224_153024.jpg
20150224_153012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom