4X4 grow tent

Infernal420

Hey all,
I recently got a sweet 4x4 grow tent. I was just curious if anyone else out there has one or something similar. I have been looking into getting some sort of ventilation system for it besides the 2 little fans i have now. My question is does anyone out there have any advice on what i should get for my 4in holes. I believe theres 2, one at the top and one at the bottom side. Id like to see some setups or have a few explained to me. Any input is "highly" appreciated:Namaste:

hello
the 4 in holes are for intake and exhaust. I got one of these too. the only problem I have with mine is the humidity during the summer months. also you have to take the time to clean your tent after each grow.

Right I know they are for the exhaust and intake. I was just wondering if people could explain in pics or words what I should get and the propose way to set it up

Just a 400 Watt mh and a few red spectrum cfls for side lighting. I just need to know how to set up the ducting and the different fans and a carbon filter

Just a 400 Watt mh and a few red spectrum cfls for side lighting. I just need to know how to set up the ducting and the different fans and a carbon filter
air cooled or not? if air cooled then eeezy peezy. small can on ground...duct to one side of reflector then out the other side thru the tent then down to the blower (outside the tent). not air cooled and using a batwing? change the reflector for max cooling.

Yea no batwing it hangs vertical no reflector I was trying to see how to run it just using the two 4 inch holes in the tent

put a blower on the outside of the tent drawing air OUT. you
should have another vent on the opposite wall drawing air IN. get a 450 cfm 6" blower.
You can add the can inline

Ok the way the tent is im guessing id have to have one blower up top to draw out the hot air and the other vent at the bottom left would be used to bring it in. So im thinking ill have to get 2 4in blowers to fit the 2 4inch vent holes. Can i just sit the fans in the vents or do i need the foil ducts too?

Ok the way the tent is im guessing id have to have one blower up top to draw out the hot air and the other vent at the bottom left would be used to bring it in. So im thinking ill have to get 2 4in blowers to fit the 2 4inch vent holes. Can i just sit the fans in the vents or do i need the foil ducts too?
1 6" 450 CFM blower will work fantastic. I had a tent with a 1K HPS.....Ambient temp with light on was 74F. "air cooled housing" that makes a big help.
my blower recomendation is on point brother.
:peace:

In addition to Marvin's advice, if using a 6" blower, to use those 4'' holes/ports it would be wise to invest in some 4" ducting and a couple 6" to 4" reducers. As far as a filter, I've used an Odor Sok (lasted 2 cycles, but worked), also had a can filter on the ground, mounted can filter overhead with bungees. I don't recommend a batwing reflector in a grow tent. It gets hot in there, fast! Like Marvin stated, try to procure an aircooled hood. Hope this helps some.

Back
Top Bottom