4x4 Tent With a 180watt Jumbo UFO LED - Enough?

Freedomfirez

Is the Illuminator 180 watt LED light powerful enough to be effective in a 4x4 tent?

I realize there will be some coverage issues around the outside edges. But, how do you think it will do?

If its not enough, how would you add to it to maximize the output in the tent?

And last question, how much more LED light would be too much? (the point of diminishing returns)

Thanks!
-Freedomfirez

Aloha!

No way.. not in a 4x4.. :)

For a 4x4 we would say a very minimum of at LEAST 100x3w diodes.. and even that is stretching it just a bit. For a single light in a 4x4, we tell our customers our P450 running 150x3w diodes and using 274w of true power is a minimum to really make things happen.

Could you get away with less? Sure! However.. the extra money that you spend with quality lighting and doing things right pays you back immediately on the very first usage. Think about the cost of the light in terms of what you're growing. The P450 may be $350 more than that UFO.. but would you grow an extra ounce and a quarter with it? YOU BET! A LOT more than that. TONS more.

If you're going to go through all the trouble.. and time spent.. and energy.. to do this entire project.. don't waste it all with cheap lighting! Do it right the first time and reap the green benefits.. :cool:

As for how much is too much.. well.. that's still left to be seen! We would say that anything more than 2 x P900s (300x3w) in a 4x4 would be pretty much too much. We're getting ready to see 2 x P600s in a 4x4 tent very soon here on 420 from a recent plant of the month winner.. :high-five:

You can see Curso growing plants that yield over a pound with 2 x P450 lights in a 4x4! Scroll through to the end for some beautiful harvest shots.. LED and High Brix

Remember.. it pays to do it right! Very, very.. VERY much so.. :peace:

Is the Illuminator 180 watt LED light powerful enough to be effective in a 4x4 tent?

I realize there will be some coverage issues around the outside edges. But, how do you think it will do?

If its not enough, how would you add to it to maximize the output in the tent?

And last question, how much more LED light would be too much? (the point of diminishing returns)

Thanks!
-Freedomfirez
Being spherical
the light kind of makes me wonder where the loss of light in corners. A friend just offered me some of these lights They looked like they would work in a 2 1/2 by 2 1/2, so for a four by four at least two would do a fair job? I think a 450 led configured in a rectangle would be much better. Or even a square configure led light Maybe best for a square tent.

Back
Top Bottom