4x8 tent in garage, venting & AC help

If you pull the 100°f air from the garage your supply air will probably only be in the 80-85° range. Usually a 10-20°drop at the evaporator coil. It may not be enough to actually cool the tents.

They really need to cycle the air multiple times to cool it down from that temp.

If you really feel you have to grow in the summer I would skip tents and spend the money on an insulated room and dedicated mini split

My suggestion is to build a small room in the corner of the garage like 5 by 5 foot. Insulate the heck out of it the walls and the ceiling. If you own the house and look things over good enough you could Mount a small portable air conditioner in the wall venting the hot air outside. A tent doesn't give you any Insulation at all.

How about a big fan and drip system? For some reason I'm getting a mental picture that pot plants would love 100f, a nice breeze and lots of cool water.

I'll be running a RDWC so 100f wouldn't be good for the roots oxygen uptake when I don't run a chiller haha. I've had it up to close to 90f though, thank God for Hydroguard lol.

I'm sure that was with full on fan action and best watering practices as well @Chris Scorpio ...I could see the restriction of airflow in a 4x8 being a issue for moving air for sure.

I've got it, lose the tent! Just grow in the garage. Then you can really ramp up the airflow, between transpiration and a good hot weather watering routine you think they'd have a chance? The AC is gonna put you in the poor house.

You'll have to excuse me since I've got my light situation somewhat stable I'm now on to obsessing about energy consumption lol!

As fun and interesting as that would be, If it hits 110f that could be too warm for my plants! Last year inside the tent temps reached 95f for a week when our AC broke and it caused my plants to foxtail haha. That was an amazing yield I got of just over 2 pounds though :D
And some intense stretching lol.

If you pull the 100°f air from the garage your supply air will probably only be in the 80-85° range. Usually a 10-20°drop at the evaporator coil. It may not be enough to actually cool the tents.

They really need to cycle the air multiple times to cool it down from that temp.

If you really feel you have to grow in the summer I would skip tents and spend the money on an insulated room and dedicated mini split

Crap I didnt think about that. I suppose having the AC inside the tent so it can recirculate the cooler air would help with that.

Am starting to think my best bet is building a seperate sealed room in garage so I can accomplish everything and even upgrade to co2 addition. Refilling 20lb canister seems to be pretty cheap, just the initial cost of all the gear is expensive.

My suggestion is to build a small room in the corner of the garage like 5 by 5 foot. Insulate the heck out of it the walls and the ceiling. If you own the house and look things over good enough you could Mount a small portable air conditioner in the wall venting the hot air outside. A tent doesn't give you any Insulation at all.
Ya all signs so far seem to be pointing to that as my best bet. I may end up doi.g just that.

If for some reason you're incapable of building this little insulated room with an air conditioner you can hire a contractor to do it and just tell him it's going to be a little workshop for you. But you wanted to build the workbench and do all that other stuff yourself after he finish this what he has to do. Just an idea

I am currently building a garage room. 2 car garage is 19ft wide , so i built a huge 19ft wall the garage door side is used for storage at about 7ft x 19 ft , the grow room side is 19ft x 10ft (huge old garage), drywall and plastered with 6 in insulation. I ran the ducting in ceiling from the inside house , just 2 foot longer into the garage grow room . Works perfectly. On a hot 100 degree day my grow room stays below 75. Also put reflectix on the garage door for better insulation. Hope this helps . I am still building. I plan to then split the split room to have a veg room and flower room , with a diy tent in side the house for additional veg/and clones and seedling with cfls .

Back
Top Bottom