5.5 pH

Goshawk

I have been watching Green House Seed Co.'s videos on YouTube where they show how they grow their different strains of marijuana.
They grow most of their strains at 5.5 pH up to 5.9 for a few strains. Their plants look excellent, full and bushy, green to the end with many big colas. From what I have read on the web most growers recommend around 6.5 pH for best results. So what do you guys think is the best pH to grow most marijuana strains? It is pretty hard for me not to consider 5.5 pH when looking at their results.

I have been watching Green House Seed Co.'s videos on YouTube where they show how they grow their different strains of marijuana.
They grow most of their strains at 5.5 pH up to 5.9 for a few strains. Their plants look excellent, full and bushy, green to the end with many big colas. From what I have read on the web most growers recommend around 6.5 pH for best results. So what do you guys think is the best pH to grow most marijuana strains? It is pretty hard for me not to consider 5.5 pH when looking at their results.

Just want to add is there a difference between growing in soil compared to hydroponic growing when it comes to ph value?
Although they show their plants in soil for some reason the way they talk I have a feeling some way they are using hydroponics.

There are different ranges considered "ideal" depending on whether you are growing in soil or hydroponics. Here is a chart that shows the ideal range of both:

nutrient_chart_454.gif

NOTE: Soil PH is on the right, and hydroponics on the left.

I usually try to keep my PH between 5.5 and 6.1 for hydro. Usually I'll balance it to 5.5, and let it drift up to 6.1 before correcting it down to 5.5 again. Hope this helps! :)

My tap water is coming up around 7 do I need to use ph down to make the water more acidic? I am growing in fox farm soil.

Thanks

Short answer is that yes, you'll want to lower the PH in your watering/nutrient solution. As far as how there is PH down like you mentioned or natural ways to ammend the soil in order to lower PH. I'm a hydro grower, though, so this is not my specialty. A soil grower could probably give you a bit more detail.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom