5 Gallon DWC - 1st Attempt

Awww bummer man. Cant be of much help as (knock on wood) i havent had that problem yet. Search around on the forums... I seem to remember someone else having this issue.

Sticky gnat strips and a 20 dollar bottle of ZT. I also got a free sample of "Great White" He said it should help with the roots. Lets see how this goes!

zt.jpg

You could try to add h202 to your res answer see if that helps. I had fungus gnats at the end of my latest grow but couldn't figure out how to get rid of them. The only way I could slow them down was to create more water flow and I ended up having to let them finish with the infestation still there.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get it figured out.

Great white is amazing for root health. I used it until i found a cheaper combo of bene bacteria and fungi. My root growth is (not to sound like a commercial) explosive. Plus it helps deliver nutes to the plant and helps ward off other ickys you can get. I have since switched to hydroguard and a semi-local source of mycos but i would never go without again.

I will def be getting hydroguard and voodoo juice. The great white has been great for my roots. I also found a cheap way to get rid of humidity in flower. My dehumidifier worked okay, but DAMPRID is the way to go! Not only is my tent humidity stay around 40 to 38% but my mancave where the tent is at has less humidity as well. You can tell just walking in the room. Damprid is awesome! Any how I've managed to keep he gnats at bay. With Zero tolerance, SNS, and Sticky strips.

This grow was for learning the ropes, so my popcorn nugs will have to do. My goal is to make it to the end after this learning experience. I cut a lot of extra growth. and will be ordering a water cooler for my next grow. I enjoy DWC just am done battling water temps.
I'm thinking of Active aqua water chiller since that what the local guys carry for the same price as amazon.

Thanks for the word on damprid. I was actually looking at it at the store the other day and its good to know it works.
I wish i could afford a chiller but running the hydroguard lets me have a little higher rez temps without so many worries so that'll have to do for now. I think that if next time i switch from a 5 gal bucket to an igloo cooler for my rez it should really knock off the last few degrees I'd like to get below.
You'll nail it next grow. Get it dialed in.

I wonder if cutting off the extra growth with help the tops fill out? If its too late I def know what to do next time!

I would probably do a little trimming. It may help fill out a little. Put some more energy into expanding whats already there.

So I don't want to get ahead of myself but it has been two weeks since I seen the last gnat. So without further notice I'll have to say I kicked their ass! Those ugly little things were getting annoying AF and were damaging the roots. Thanks to Zero Tolerance, SNS, and sticky strips. There isn't much to update on the plants they are filling in sllloooowly but it is def interesting to see the growth process of my favorite plant.

I have bought a lot of nutes during this learning phase, I was watching a grow video on youtube and this guy had a container full of different nutes and said now he only uses three. I wonder if that'll be me some day wondering why I bought all these nutes when its not necessary.

They are filling in some. How much water are they drinking in a day. Mine are drinking 1/2 gal. We should finish around the same time.

Since I don't have the water level tube on my res I just drew a line with a razor blade inside my bucket. To answer your question bobo it fluctuates. Some days I'll notice the water has dropped significantly some days when I get home from work it barley drank anything. I'll take a pic of my roots and post this evening but compared to others my roots are not in a big ball at all mostly just hanging. They used to be nice and white but now have a light tan color to them after the fungus gnats and the crazy hot weather we have been having in CA. Can't wait to use water chiller on next grow. The browning has been getting better since I started using hydroguard, I def should have been using that since day one!

I'm doing orange crush leafly says 7-9 week flower. I'm on week 5. So we shall see what these popcorn nugs produce.

Hydroguard! Great stuff man. My roots have never been whiter. Gotta say im thinking about going with a bigger rez next time. Maybe 10 gallons. Im only in the 1st week of 12/12 and they drink a gallon + a day.
Can't wait to see these things fill out for youman.

Yeah, i cut a windshield reflector and velcroed it around my bucket and put my air pumps right in front of the central air vent and it keeps my water temps at 69-70 faithfully even with tent temps up into the low 80s some days. Also built a forced cool air intake at the same vent and i stick my ballast there to keep it nice and cool. It works out really well. There is a 400 watt mh/hps and 2 mars 300s in a 3x2 tent and it was getting into the 90s before i devised this little set up
420-magazine-mobile9929123.jpg

Shout out to rifleman, for a few days last week my plants were looking sad. I remember rifleman saying to have a backup PH meter. Well come to find out mine had failed and the PH was way off for a few days. I had ordered a backup a few weeks ago and luckily I decided to use it when I did! She is finally filling in a bit more. I have been feeding here Bloom boosters ( Bloombastic) with some AN budcandy. As she fills in I'm becoming more satisfied with my first attempt, and ready to start the next!

Back
Top Bottom