5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8 LED, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!

High there & Welcome to my next journal. As the title states this is my 13th grow of all time. It will be a grow of 5 different OG strains.
Right now I'm what I call in my prepping stage for this grow. The actual grow will start this Sunday when I sew my seeds.
So to get things started here are the 5 strains I'll be growing. (Skywalker OG / Fire OG / OG Kush / OG-1 / Super Silver Haze OG)
13-1.JPG

I start my grows in 1 gallon plastic pots & I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest straight from the bag.
13-2.JPG
13-3.JPG

I use Pie Pans with 8" plastic tray liners for my drain pans & these small wire racks to hold the plants above the pans. I keep 1 extra pan so I can switch out the one filled with run off after I feed.
13-4.JPG
13-5.JPG

At this time I fill my pots with FFOF. I only fill to about 1.5" below the top of the pot. That way I have room to add soil if roots come up to the top or it stretches too much.
13-6.JPG
13-7.JPG
13-8.JPG

After I've done this I water my pots down. I use straight tap water without pH-ing or waiting 24 hours. I pour 2 - 12 oz. cups through each pot & let it drain. Once drained I lightly pack my soil down & level it out.
13-9.JPG
13-10.JPG

Tomorrow I will put 2 - 12 oz. cups of pHd' water through each pot that has sat out for 24 hours. After that the pots just sit till I plant the seeds.
If you wonder why I do all this I guess it's because I'm superstitious. I've had some pretty good luck planting my seeds straight in soil doing it this way.... so why ruin a good thing.... right ?

Anyway, I haven't decided on my Veg / Bloom light as of yet or which nutrients I'll use. I do have everything I need to do this grow; but I thought I'd @ a bunch of sponsors & see if they want to sponsor a grow. Can't hurt to ask.
But I will be germinating with a Spider Farmer 1000D 120 watt LED. It's suppose to arrive tomorrow by Fed-X.
Since my 3x3 Germination tent is tied up at the time with a Do-Si-Dos SCROG grow I am converting a small closet into a germ. area. I'll have that ready to roll tomorrow & I'll post pics then.

I'll be tagging everyone on Sunday when I sew my seeds. I will go ahead & tag the sponsors today to see if any are interested.

Thanks all & I hope to have you along for the journey !

High to all our great sponsors. If you read my intro you'll see what I'm prepping for. This will probably be a little longer grow then my usual ones as I plan to up-pot from 1 to 3 to 7 gallon pots. My Veg time will probably be somewhere around 75 days before switching to 12/12. All plants will be topped & LST'd. I will also be Cloning these ladies somewhere along the line.
So if any of you sponsors are interested in sponsoring a grow please let me know. I'm up for something different.
My Grow tent is 4'x 8'x 7.5'. However I'm only using a 4' x 4' area of it for the grow. So if sponsoring a light it would need to be capable of Flowering a 4 x 4 area. Right now I use a 10 bar 800 watt LED. But I'll swap it out to sponsor a grow if you are interested. So a shout out to all our lighting sponsors to see if they are interested.
@Atreum Lighting , @Bestva , @Elevated Lighting Company , @Growstar grow light , @Mars Hydro , @MedicGrow , @NextLight , @ParfactWorks , @Perfect Sun LED , @Sylstar , @ViparSpectra .

I'm also open to trying out a new Sponsored Nutrient Line should we have a sponsor interested. To be honest.... I'm tired of the Mega Crop stuff & look forward to finding a new nute line I like.
@Blue Planet Nutrients , @GeoFlora Nutrients , @Prescription Blend , @RemoNutrients .... Are you interested ?

***Prescription Blend Nutrients offered to sponsor so those are the nutes I'll be using.***

I'd love to get 5 of those 7 gallon Geo Pots for this grow. I have a bunch of the cheapo black 7 gal. bags... but Geo Pots Rock !

So there's my shout out to our sponsors. Let's see if I get any interest.

High there & Welcome to my next journal. As the title states this is my 13th grow of all time. It will be a grow of 5 different OG strains.
Right now I'm what I call in my prepping stage for this grow. The actual grow will start this Sunday when I sew my seeds.
So to get things started here are the 5 strains I'll be growing. (Skywalker OG / Fire OG / OG Kush / OG-1 / Super Silver Haze OG)
13-1.JPG

I start my grows in 1 gallon plastic pots & I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest straight from the bag.
13-2.JPG
13-3.JPG

I use Pie Pans with 8" plastic tray liners for my drain pans & these small wire racks to hold the plants above the pans. I keep 1 extra pan so I can switch out the one filled with run off after I feed.
13-4.JPG
13-5.JPG

At this time I fill my pots with FFOF. I only fill to about 1.5" below the top of the pot. That way I have room to add soil if roots come up to the top or it stretches too much.
13-6.JPG
13-7.JPG
13-8.JPG

After I've done this I water my pots down. I use straight tap water without pH-ing or waiting 24 hours. I pour 2 - 12 oz. cups through each pot & let it drain. Once drained I lightly pack my soil down & level it out.
13-9.JPG
13-10.JPG

Tomorrow I will put 2 - 12 oz. cups of pHd' water through each pot that has sat out for 24 hours. After that the pots just sit till I plant the seeds.
If you wonder why I do all this I guess it's because I'm superstitious. I've had some pretty good luck planting my seeds straight in soil doing it this way.... so why ruin a good thing.... right ?

Anyway, I haven't decided on my Veg / Bloom light as of yet or which nutrients I'll use. I do have everything I need to do this grow; but I thought I'd @ a bunch of sponsors & see if they want to sponsor a grow. Can't hurt to ask.
But I will be germinating with a Spider Farmer 1000D 120 watt LED. It's suppose to arrive tomorrow by Fed-X.
Since my 3x3 Germination tent is tied up at the time with a Do-Si-Dos SCROG grow I am converting a small closet into a germ. area. I'll have that ready to roll tomorrow & I'll post pics then.

I'll be tagging everyone on Sunday when I sew my seeds. I will go ahead & tag the sponsors today to see if any are interested.

Thanks all & I hope to have you along for the journey !
Roll dude

High to all our great sponsors. If you read my intro you'll see what I'm prepping for. This will probably be a little longer grow then my usual ones as I plan to up-pot from 1 to 3 to 7 gallon pots. My Veg time will probably be somewhere around 75 days before switching to 12/12. All plants will be topped & LST'd. I will also be Cloning these ladies somewhere along the line.
So if any of you sponsors are interested in sponsoring a grow please let me know. I'm up for something different.
My Grow tent is 4'x 8'x 7.5'. However I'm only using a 4' x 4' area of it for the grow. So if sponsoring a light it would need to be capable of Flowering a 4 x 4 area. Right now I use a 10 bar 800 watt LED. But I'll swap it out to sponsor a grow if you are interested. So a shout out to all our lighting sponsors to see if they are interested.
@Atreum Lighting , @Bestva , @Elevated Lighting Company , @Growstar grow light , @Mars Hydro , @MedicGrow , @NextLight , @ParfactWorks , @Perfect Sun LED , @Sylstar , @ViparSpectra .

I'm also open to trying out a new Sponsored Nutrient Line should we have a sponsor interested. To be honest.... I'm tired of the Mega Crop stuff & look forward to finding a new nute line I like.
@Blue Planet Nutrients , @GeoFlora Nutrients , @Prescription Blend , @RemoNutrients .... Are you interested ?

***Prescription Blend Nutrients offered to sponsor so those are the nutes I'll be using.***

I'd love to get 5 of those 7 gallon Geo Pots for this grow. I have a bunch of the cheapo black 7 gal. bags... but Geo Pots Rock !

So there's my shout out to our sponsors. Let's see if I get any interest.
:thumb: Check your message box

Good Morning All, I thought I'd post some pics of some of the equipment I'll be using this grow to control environment, lighting, etc. I plan to make this journal a bit more informative then my last one so there will be more specific details.
I'll be using "Prescription Blend Nutrients" which are new to me so there may be a slight learning curve there. I'm sure some of you have used these nutes so if I run into an issue I'll give a shout out. I just ordered the nutes so it says 7 - 10 days for delivery. Should arrive just about the time the girls will need their 1st dose.
I use a 14,000 BTU Portable AC to control Temps. I also use a 22 pint dehumidifier or a 6 gallon Humidifier inside my tent. Depends if I'm in Veg or Flower which one I use. I only run the Dehumidifier inside the tent during lights off.
13-14.JPG
13-15.JPG
13-22.JPG

During Lights on I use a bigger dehumidifier (50) pint that is just in the room itself; outside of the tent.
13-11.JPG

I use a Saturn 4 Controller to run my Exhaust fan & Humidifier. I can use it to run the AC & Dehumidifier also; but it's not necessary since both units have built in controls. I use a 6" Fan & Filter for both.... my Exhaust & Intake Air.
13-16.JPG
13-18.JPG
13-19.JPG

I also run Oscillating Fans when needed.
13-17.JPG
13-20.JPG

Then there's the Basic Stuff such as a pH pen & PPM meter. I'm one of those who always pH's his nutes. They say it's not necessary in soil.... but I do what works for me. I will probably be using my light meter this grow & I occasionally check leaf temps with a Laser Thermometer. After all, it's the leaf temps that really matter & not the room temp. Your room can be 81 F & your leaf temp could still be 77 F. Once my plants get big enough I mix 4 - 5 gallons of nutes at a time so I put this spout in a 5 gallon bucket to make mixing & feeding a little easier. This grow I'm planning to oxygenate my water. Haven't done this before so going to give it a shot.
13-26.JPG
13-23.JPG
13-24.JPG
13-13.JPG
13-25.JPG

If I need to add Humidity to this little germination closet I have a 1 gal. Humidifier for that & some clip on fans. Area is maybe 2' x 3'. Waiting on the light to arrive to finish that up & post pics.
13-21.JPG

I'll be bouncing back & forth between my 2 journals as I have updates to do there too. But all this should be ready to roll on Sunday.

So my Veg & Flower Light will be the "Medic Grow Fold 8" Which is a 720 Watt 8 Bar LED. I'll get into the details of the light this weekend.
My little 120 Watt Spider Farmer light arrived today. This light will only be used for a couple weeks till growth is established. After that they go under the Fold 8.
Nutrients & Light are on their way so things should work out almost perfectly timing wise.

Hey, Hey, Hey, I'm back with a little update on things. I've got my little Germination Station put together. I'll post a few pics in a minute.
But first, Last night I Put the 6.4 pH'd water through my soil. I'd say right around 26 oz. per pot; which gave me quite a bit of run off. I hadn't thought about this before, but I hear a lot of folks say FFOF is too hot to start seeds. I use it to start seeds every time. But I'm wondering if these 2 good watering's I do before I plant my seeds is the reason things work out for me. Just a thought. So here's a pic showing how much run off I got. This was about the same amount as the 1st time.
13-32.JPG
13-33.JPG

In my Germ. room I have the SF D-1000 Light. Unfortunately, No Dimmer on this light so we'll be going by Height.
I have a Temp & Humidity Monitor & 2 small 4" USB Fans in there also. If needed I'll add the 1 gal. Humidifier.
So here's a couple of shots of the "Germination Station".
13-34.JPG
13-35.JPG
13-36.JPG

In the morning, We Plant the Seeds !

I will do all my Tagging & Posting Info on the "MEDIC GROW Fold 8" LED Light & "PRESRIPTION BLEND NUTRIENTS" by tomorrow night; so see you at the same Bat Time, on the same Bat Channel !

Hello All, It's Sunday, Sunday, Sunday & time to get this grow started. I will be planting my seeds in just a little bit.
But 1st, I want to post some links to my wonderful sponsors products. I'm very excited to be sponsored by Medic Grow Lighting. I will be using their super bright Fold 8 720 Watt Full Spectrum LED Grow Light. Looking forward to this grow because trying new products out always makes things more exciting.
Here is a link to the light I'll be using. Please check it out. Soon you'll know what it does 1st hand.... sort of.

Next I'd like to give Kudo's to Prescription Blend Nutrients. They have supplied their Complete Nutrient Kit for this grow. I finally get to move away from MC & happy to be doing so. Maybe, just maybe this will be my new nutrient of choice. Only one way to find out so please join me to see these nutes do their thing.
Here is a link to this nutrient line should you want to check it out. I hope you will !

Next I'll do my Tags (Shout Outs) to everyone. I'm getting old & forgetful so if I miss your name I'm truly sorry. Half the time I can't remember my name; let alone yours.... Ha Ha. :) But everyone is more then welcome to join in, post comments or pics, or just shoot the shit in general. It's all good ! So here we go with the list of folks that I can remember off the top of my head. @InTheShed (one of my favorite people / he's been very helpful), @MrSauga (this guy really knows how to calculate a Witches Potion for Weed / Had my best looking grow ever with his calcs.), @Emilya (This gal is wonderful in many many ways as she's sort of a Cannabis Book of Knowledge) , And everyone else I mention has either helped me or influenced me in one way or another & I appreciate you all. Thanks for being there !
@Bill284 , @bluter , @Nunyabiz , @VetSmoke85 , @West Hippie , @013 , @Tokin Roll , @Rexer , @HashFart , @Farmer Reading , @Virgin Ground , @LLsBestGo , @Mdlroad , @Bud Love , @Squiggle , @Jhuck , @JohnnieJC3 , @Morda Grown , @Verbalist , @oldmanjj , @stinker , @skunksa , @CanadianStoner & @ anyone I missed.

Whew, time for a joint break & then plant the seeds :blunt:

Next I'll do my Tags (Shout Outs) to everyone. I'm getting old & forgetful so if I miss your name I'm truly sorry. Half the time I can't remember my name; let alone yours.... Ha Ha. :) But everyone is more then welcome to join in, post comments or pics, or just shoot the shit in general. It's all good ! So here we go with the list of folks that I can remember off the top of my head. @InTheShed (one of my favorite people / he's been very helpful), @MrSauga (this guy really knows how to calculate a Witches Potion for Weed / Had my best looking grow ever with his calcs.), @Emilya (This gal is wonderful in many many ways as she's sort of a Cannabis Book of Knowledge) , And everyone else I mention has either helped me or influenced me in one way or another & I appreciate you all. Thanks for being there !
@Bill284 , @bluter , @Nunyabiz , @VetSmoke85 , @West Hippie , @013 , @Tokin Roll , @Rexer , @HashFart , @Farmer Reading , @Virgin Ground , @LLsBestGo , @Mdlroad , @Bud Love , @Squiggle , @Jhuck , @JohnnieJC3 , @Morda Grown , @Verbalist , @oldmanjj , @stinker , @skunksa , @CanadianStoner & @ anyone I missed.

Whew, time for a joint break & then plant the seeds :blunt:
TY for the tag. I'm watching

Back
Top Bottom