5 Plants CFL guerrilla grow

Logeybear

Okay, so these plants are just about 4 weeks old and I haven't had any problems until now. This is my first grow and there is still a tooonn i don't know but I've researched a lot. If you have any questions about them then please ask :D

Okay so about a week ago I noticed some yellowing of a few plants...I thought it was just a nute burn so I flushed with 25% and that's where my nute levels have been. I thought that fixed my problem but yesterday I noticed my leaves started to curl up and today it got worse. I looked it up and I found it could either be may nuts or my lighting. Obviously its not my nutes and until this I was on a 24 hour lighting schedule. I just got a timer and I put it to a 20-4 timing. Please write back if you know anything as I'm frightened for my lovleies. Thanks bunches :thanks:

20130202_104352.jpg
20130202_104324.jpg
20130202_104217.jpg

Also, could this be from too low humidity? The leaves feel dry and its starting to effect all of the plants now. Still a scared nd unsure of what the diagnosis is.

Yep looks like heat and low humidity to me!

I'm going to suggest over watering and the pots too small for the size of the plants. I assume you put holes in the bottom of the pots, but the soil looks pretty wet.

When I started one guy was over watering, I told him to let the top get dry, he said no, they need water. He's out of the grow and they are much better now.

Two notes:
1. it takes time to see if what you change will help - usually several days to weeks. This means that when you add nutes / flush / decrease watering / etc... you have to wait to see the results. I had what I think was a CA/MG def. about 2 weeks later, it seems somewhat cleared up but still some signs.

2. let them dry out. You should probably be in a 1 gallon pot with holes for draining. The soil about 1~2" down should be dry (doesn't stick to finger) before you water. I let them go as dry as I can so that the roots will seek out water and this causes them to go deep/wide.

I was on 18/6 moved to 19/6 and ended up they liked the 18/6 better, this was likely from not having enough fans and fresh air.

They need CO2, do you have fans and windows where they can get fresh air?

At 4 weeks, it should be about time to start the nutes, maybe start at 1/2 strength and work up to full strength.

I posted some pics in the problem section of the browning of my leaves, this looks like yours except for the yellowing around the brown and drooping leaves. I *think* CA/MG def is the answer for mine and might be related to yours (you might have several problems, CA/MG def might be one) Overwatering might be another, fresh air / rest might be another.

I'm going to suggest over watering and the pots too small for the size of the plants. I assume you put holes in the bottom of the pots, but the soil looks pretty wet.

When I started one guy was over watering, I told him to let the top get dry, he said no, they need water. He's out of the grow and they are much better now.

Two notes:
1. it takes time to see if what you change will help - usually several days to weeks. This means that when you add nutes / flush / decrease watering / etc... you have to wait to see the results. I had what I think was a CA/MG def. about 2 weeks later, it seems somewhat cleared up but still some signs.

2. let them dry out. You should probably be in a 1 gallon pot with holes for draining. The soil about 1~2" down should be dry (doesn't stick to finger) before you water. I let them go as dry as I can so that the roots will seek out water and this causes them to go deep/wide.

I was on 18/6 moved to 19/6 and ended up they liked the 18/6 better, this was likely from not having enough fans and fresh air.

They need CO2, do you have fans and windows where they can get fresh air?

At 4 weeks, it should be about time to start the nutes, maybe start at 1/2 strength and work up to full strength.

I posted some pics in the problem section of the browning of my leaves, this looks like yours except for the yellowing around the brown and drooping leaves. I *think* CA/MG def is the answer for mine and might be related to yours (you might have several problems, CA/MG def might be one) Overwatering might be another, fresh air / rest might be another.

Thanks man so much...these were supposed to be test plants but i have grown attatched ;). Well ill post pics but this past day they are coming back with whatever it was. I also stopped watering so much before you posted and it has really improved. Ive decided im going to keep 3 of these plants, the ones i feel are best for survival. How big of pot should i upgrade to though? I am also just starting nutes half strength but im going to wait till i transplant so i can get everything ar once. Thanks so much!

I went with a 3 gallon for mine when they were about 9" tall. I was in coffee cans and 1 gallons before and I was surprised that they were root bound.

I'd suggest at least 3 gallons maybe 5, just make sure you have good drainage (good drainage includes both holes in the bottom and draining type soil or soil additive)

Some Vitamin B might help them about now too.

I'm watering mine today and I've been waiting for them to show the 1st signs of wilting (drooping) before I water, I'm trying to get to roots to search for water because that makes them go deeper into the soil.

I think most watering is done about once every 3 to 5 days, and nutes are added about 2 out of every 3 waterings [general guidelines, use your plants reaction as your guide]

Yah They have salt building up and the soil has been wet with no oxygen for two weeks or so.. = Dying plants. You need to take them out of that old soil and mix yourself up some Super-soil, or get some Fox farm, or Pro-mix, Or some new kind of medium...Also soak those roots in plain water to accelerate the recovery before transplanting into GOOD soil. ALso using a black pot would improve the roots health and growth rate.

How about the tin-foil.....?
Tin foil refract burn. I burned a plant one time with 1 cfl because of the tin-foil.

If you over-nute... then a few days later the leaves will start to dry up where you burned them.

There is no need to be adding nutes at this size and stage. I never added nutes to my soil grow and it's never been an issue.
I just continually double the size of the pot, and add soil into the mix. But all this talk of fertilizer is commercial.

Further, they are "leggy" because of the light and the fact you have pushed to much Nitrogen on them early. What I would do is... Get a small 400 W HPS and blast them with it in bigger pots and with some sanitized soil.

Back
Top Bottom