5 Strawberry Banana From DNA Genetics

You may also remember the father son team i like to help. I went out there yesterday to see how its going.

The plants are due in three weeks. The are on Flora Bloom, Koolbloom, and a shot, starting next week, of koolbloom dry every other feeding. They will also get a shot of molassas next week.

Awesome looks like you taught them well.

Congrats on your harvest too. You’re not planning on running that HPS in August are you?

:passitleft:

Awesome looks like you taught them well.

Congrats on your harvest too. You’re not planning on running that HPS in August are you?

Thank you sir.

I may. I said i would not grow in the summer to make up for the power used in the off hours, but i want to get back to hydro. Im not at all worried about heat. I have good insulation, ventilation, and an AC in my shed

Look at that greenhouse!!! Thats what dreams are made of right there. Damn! Good work with your friends.

This is their first successful grow. They tried a grow in Nevada, 12 plants in soil under a 5x5 Rapid liight and 2 Ursas. I helped their harvest, but the plants were trash. Really only good for oil. They ended up with a pound of smokable, but it was extraordinarily harsh. They just did a couple things wrong and it tatered the whole season.

Their first try in the greenhouse ended with botrytis.

Theres still 3 week left for the 6 Northern Lights in the greenhouse. We have seen powdery mildew, but not so much its a problem yet

Gratz on the chop!

A greenhouse grow would be fun that one looks amazing, good coaching.

Thanks Turbo!! Gonna harvest the main room tomorrow.

I sure hope those two (owners of the greenhouse) get to see a nice big harvest. They havent had good luck yet. I teach them what i can and hope they listen but they tend to do what they want. Its their plants i dont argue.

So thats all folks! I had an issue right at the tail end of this grow, same thing happened last time. Ive thought about this quite a bit. What could have caused this? It wasnt climate, or Ph, or bad nutrients, light, watering, or anything other "typical" ailment.... i offer the following.
I have been augmenting my soil in veg with both Fish meal and blood meal. The plants looked spectacular as young'uns but what was happening was the heavy nitro was showing up in flower. This high nitro was shutting down flower like clockwork right at the end. Both grows did ok, but both should have tripled in weight.

The bud material:
The buds are slathered in trichomes. You can see them collecting at the bottom of the jars

The flavor is still green due to not having been cured. The smell is pungent and very skunky. I felt the sickeningly sweet smell is gone, maybe some will come back. I will say that even as green as they are the buds are super smooth.

All told i got a little more than 14oz at 55% humidity

Be great to see the difference DWC makes.

Im looking forward to it.

Doob. Do you know anything about the characteristics of seeds that have come from a hermie as opposed to fresh feminised seeds? Ive heard that hermies are more prevalent in hermied seeds. But ive also read thats not true. WTF

I growed a Blueberry seed out that came from a crop I harvested, I only found about 7 seeds I’m thinking and growed two of those out and never had any problems and believe it or not I never found any seeds in them two lol✌️

Im looking forward to it.

Doob. Do you know anything about the characteristics of seeds that have come from a hermie as opposed to fresh feminised seeds? Ive heard that hermies are more prevalent in hermied seeds. But ive also read thats not true. WTF
As far as I’ve read, if you only got a few seeds they weren’t really “hermies” just had a couple male flowers caused by stress of some sort. So the seeds should be female and will probably have a tendency to make a couple male flowers when stressed or whatever (just like most feminized seeds). So you “should” be fine according to leading internet scientists. :laugh:

I finally got my notification today that wedding cake and Strawberry banana are both in stock on seedsman site. %00$ later i'm stocked and have the three strains I will grow from here on out. Pineapple chunk is the third. I sprung for the HLG 550 this morning as well so now I will have top notch lights on both setups. I'm running Mother of berries in the veg tent to take clones, but once that new light gets here i'm turfing the mothers and setting up the RDWC int htere and letting those QB's fly! Your harvest looks great todd, I cant wait to get my hands on that stuff.

I finally got my notification today that wedding cake and Strawberry banana are both in stock on seedsman site. %00$ later i'm stocked and have the three strains I will grow from here on out. Pineapple chunk is the third. I sprung for the HLG 550 this morning as well so now I will have top notch lights on both setups. I'm running Mother of berries in the veg tent to take clones, but once that new light gets here i'm turfing the mothers and setting up the RDWC int htere and letting those QB's fly! Your harvest looks great todd, I cant wait to get my hands on that stuff.
Your rollin my man! Im trying to start some Strawberry B seeds i got from my harvest... ive found 15 or so. I think they are still a little green and are having a hard time with germination. I have no idea how long i should wait.

I got 14oz from the 4 plants. Not a record breaker, but im not gonna bitch too loud. Its still kinda harsh, so ive only smoked a bit... that, and my throat is trashed from a recent cold. The taste is super floral. a flavor that will last the length of a joint according to friends.. The smell mimics the taste with a clean skunky bite that creates an unusual mix that i havent had the pleasure of smelling before. Opening a jar will quickly fill a room with this wild combination. Its really impressive. Theres still a bit of a hay smell when you stick your nose in it, so they are a ways away from a proper cure.

I started with the opinion that Strawberry B wasnt a big eater. Toward the end these mother fuckers were like the plant in the movie Little Shop Of Horrors " Feed me Semore". I recommend Silica.

The trichome production was amazing. Frost all the way down with a top bud that will bring a smile. I think you will do well in RDWC. I really want to try it too if the seeds will allow. If not its back to Lemon Skittles in RDWC.

Its good to hear from you my friend. It sounds like youre dialed in. Be sure to let me know when you start the next round, yours is the one i want to watch

Back
Top Bottom