50 post limit before PM ability?

noobgrow1

So I think it's a year now and I get that we want to keep out spammers etc. But perhaps there is a way to modify this requirement before being able to PM members?

I mean I am a mbr about a year or more now, 1. I have no idea how to know when I hit 50 posts. 2. Time is ltd so my options are work around and just post for the sake of posting. I would think poor content as well.

If no exceptions is there somewhere I can track they mystical 50 post goal?

Thx in advance

Most people just post a few emojis or some other gratuitous comment anyways. Cruise through a few journals and say hi or thanks to people who's content you've read. Find a couple nice looking plants and comment on them. Asking questions will open up more dialogue.

I think it's not only to prevent solicitation by people just popping on here and pm'ing people to buy their products or malicious activity. I think it is to also entice people to be more social and involved with the community. The thing is... if we all just sat on the sidelines and never contributed this community would dry up so to speak. Some of us might be shy, or think that we are not advanced enough to contribute but were all learning every day and with that being said we all have something to offer in one form or another.
Cheers Noobgrow1 and feel free to use up a few of those posts in some journals. It's usually the easiest way to spark conversation.

50 messages is hardly a limitation for someone who is trying to be friendly and develop a social presence on these forums and it gives us a chance to get to know you, your growing methods, or just gauge your level of experience and need for instruction. We all were presented with that first challenge when we logged in here and in a year it should not be that difficult to have sent us one note a week just checking out some of the threads and making comments, saying hi, etc.

Also, for someone like me who is a known plant diagnostician and grow expert, the 50 msg limit keeps new people from jumping on here, bypassing the intro and get to know you phase, and simply sending me a PM to ask their very complicated questions, expecting private tutoring. These people might not ever interact with the rest of the board, and they would judge their experience of 420 Magazine simply on their interaction with me. That is not how this should work!

I already get a lot of people asking questions via PM, but I can only imagine how bad it would be if this shortcut existed for people. It's not so much that I mind giving private instruction, because I do this quite regularly via PM, but when I am doing that, I am no longer offering my advice and knowledge to the general public... it is being given to just one person. I would rather see my long explanations and tutorials out in the open where many people could gain benefit from them over time. Because of this, until I have gotten to know you, I tend to keep answers in my PMs fairly short and to the point. I go into a lot more explanation and detail when I am not speaking to just one person, but instead to a well populated thread.

Sharing the issue or question with all forum members is also beneficial.

I’ve used pms to ask or share truly private or personal information..

But imho they should not be used for general advice, hints and tips at all.

See

Big chance for a bunch of message adding if you stick around a bit and replied to this thread

Be social, and you will get there

Hey Noobgrow1, I understand completely. Same feeling here back then. I overcame a small hurdle of whatever it was that I didn't get the first 50. I'm very slow to trust I think so I don't friend up to folks easily. The members here made it easy once I got going. That's me. You might want to answer separately each of our replies. What's growing in your garden?

Only 23 to go for you-I'm not really that chatty,but I've managed to have something to say 3000 times,so it's got to be do-able for anyone-
If you see a post, photo, procedure, article, journal you like, post a comment- there is no "right way" to do it,although if you keep things on the friendly side,you'll get better feedback...

Got any jokes? there's a thread for that...got any favorite music? there's a thread for that...got any favorite strains? there's a thread for that...got any medical problems that cannabis helps (or not)...there's a thread for that...got any cool nug or plant pics? there's a thread for that...got something that just bugs the crap out of you? there's a thread for that...
Pretty much all the bases are covered here-just look around and let folks know your thoughts-you'll get to the 50 post requirement in no time !

Quality over quantity, I’ve got over 3000 posts but only about 27 good ones. :rofl:

:passitleft:
Amateur

All mine are like a well written novel

Best sellers every one

:thumb: :headbanger: :surf:

In my opinion, best and quickest way to get to 50 is to follow the "Introduce Yourself" section. You get to welcome new members to the community when they intro themselves, which gives you quick messages counts, and makes new comers feel welcome at the very same time! WIN WIN!

In my opinion, best and quickest way to get to 50 is to follow the "Introduce Yourself" section. You get to welcome new members to the community when they intro themselves, which gives you quick messages counts, and makes new comers feel welcome at the very same time! WIN WIN!

Great suggestion I just get on so infrequently but will make an effort to follow your suggestion w/o posting junk!

Amateur

All mine are like a well written novel

Best sellers every one

:thumb: :headbanger: :surf:

I so agree my posts are typically a bit leaning toward tangential typically I am here after a sesh or otherwise partaken in some tincture or edible my preferred methods of consumption. I only think after 12 mos have my methodology down. I certainly killed a couple of my experiments! That and combined wit overzealous consumption after my first grow I also take T-Breaks for 2-4 days periodically.

If not really lose the most pleasurable aspects of this amazing plant, that and other mostly health related. But now examining each aspect of my lifestyle, diet, stress etc. Cannabis proving to be extremely beneficial for focus and at times motivation. But the biggest has been cutting through my minds daily BS at times really motivating other times can be a downer. But that downer mood also moves me so next time I don't have worry "x" on my mind.

And lets not ignore the awesome giggle fests w / me beloved, who can tend to get way to deep in our chill out sessions! That too now has become more a happy medium.

Told you tangential coulda just said awesome post / suggestions! LMAO!

Thx! West Hippie! I am close to the 50 post mark...didn't think I had so many not too far to go.
Hit the 420 contest below on my post and make comments on the plants , nugs and photos ! I think someone from above in these post suggested it ! Once you get the 50 you can vote for your favorite, also member of the month you can vote for !

Back
Top Bottom