$53 shipping costs

There's a slight chance that you could eventually get better shipping rates with some reship company.

For example if you are entitled for free shipping in US and then for like 20$ to your country.

It was definitely deflating. Especially when I've already paid for the item then receive an email saying that I need to pay for delivery to complete the order

Also due to the high volume of orders it's going to take 7-9 days before it's shipped!
I had the same issue with my order
If it's Quantum lights, keep in mind that the 7 - 9 day delay is because they just can't keep up with demand
My shipping was 63 dollars, and is similar to other things that I needed to order from the USA at that size and weight
Also because it's comming via courier

Shipping outside of the USA is unbelievable expensive

Funny, cheap to ship to us ..lol

That's normal, not sure why but it is

i've ordered all sorts of stuff from the US. i refurbish old cars for a hobby. the reason shipping is stupidly exorbitant has to do with profit motivation. many companies ship exclusively thru one or two specific companies, who provide a financial incentive back to the original seller to do so. this cost is then passed back to the consumer.

the other reason has to do with exchange rates, crossing borders, customs, and tariffs.

exchange rates on most products are always 10% higher than current posted exchange rates. banking / payment services charge this as a "processing fee" to increase their profits. you get to pay them for something which costs them zero, as it is completely automated. most shipping companies jump on this band wagon as well, as do many sellers themselves.

on top of that popular shipping companies use their own internal brokerages to clear second country border customs. they have monetized the process to their advantage and charge much higher rates than most postal services do for the same service. this cost is also passed on to the end consumer.

then there is tariffs. shippers with their own brokerages will cover 2nd country tariffs, and then pass on the cost to the end consumer, with a percentage added to increase profits.

it is not uncommon for things to wind up costing 80 - 100% over original advertised price once landed.

53 bucks is nothing. you did great.

Just irritating when shipping is equivalent to a third of the price of my actual purchase.
It is what is it though I suppose. They're scarce in the UK.

i've stopped buying any lighting products originating from the US. i buy the source materials through other electronic companies i have decent customer relationships with, and build them myself. typically winds up costing about half landed at my door. even if the source companies are in the US, i still do better.

It’s pretty common where I live - northern BC, Canada, to pay 100% shipping rates on products from our next door neighbour. Heavy items can cost twice as much for shipping as the actual product does. Which of course is totally prohibitive, IMO. But 1/3, for shipping all the way over to the UK, seems reasonable to me.

It’s pretty common where I live - northern BC, Canada, to pay 100% shipping rates on products from our next door neighbour. Heavy items can cost twice as much for shipping as the actual product does. Which of course is totally prohibitive, IMO. But 1/3, for shipping all the way over to the UK, seems reasonable to me.

hey weaselcracker how goes ? i'm up here as well. bc is just a dream for me tho lol.

i've noticed lighting / electronics gets hit harder than anything else. if you can, get a drop box in blaine wash., and pick up yourself. the cost difference is staggering as the US companies treat it the same as delivering to a stateside address. it's not an option for me unfortunately.

Yeah I’m 1000 miles away from the border and don’t make it south much. :). Canada Post in their wisdom recently named our spot as a ‘remote area’. I’m not sure how this designation shows up on the shippers end but all of a sudden, overnight, shipping prices from some (but not all) companies went crazy. Amazon in particular has become a no-go. Shipping rates seem to be randomly generated. I quit even looking for stuff there a couple years ago, after I ordered a $100 dehumidifier amd was quoted a $360 shipping fee. :hmmmm:
I really did want to order a Living Organic Soil kit from build-a-soil in the US, but with shipping costs of over 200% for a parcel of mineral dusts, I just can’t justify it.

But you're at least on the same continent!

europe usually can get things landed for half the cost i get here.

In Northern Alberta where I live, I might as well be in Mongolia

you're in civilized society compared to where i live lol.

Yeah I’m 1000 miles away from the border and don’t make it south much. :). Canada Post in their wisdom recently named our spot as a ‘remote area’. I’m not sure how this designation shows up on the shippers end but all of a sudden, overnight, shipping prices from some (but not all) companies went crazy. Amazon in particular has become a no-go. Shipping rates seem to be randomly generated. I quit even looking for stuff there a couple years ago, after I ordered a $100 dehumidifier amd was quoted a $360 shipping fee. :hmmmm:
I really did want to order a Living Organic Soil kit from build-a-soil in the US, but with shipping costs of over 200% for a parcel of mineral dusts, I just can’t justify it.

a couple local hydro shops want me to build lights for them. am considering it. they can't get any of the new tech for the exact reasons we cited. have had offers of partnerships etc. some US based companies have launched CDN companion sites to stifle local opportunities around this issue. none of them have got it right yet, and i've found it's useless to talk to them about it.

International shipping is always expensive, especially from US to other countries.Also it would depend on the light weight, I would say it is quite cheap since usually we ship a light from China would cost more than 100USD for our big lights. Luckily we have warehouses all around, so shipping can be always cheaper. :D

Back
Top Bottom