5x5 grow tent ventilation help

STLSMOKA420

What's up everbody...here's the deal I got a 5x5x6 grow tent with a 1000 watt predator king cobra 8 air cooled reflector hood that is 3.6x2.6x12...I have a vortex s line 8 inch fan(728cfm)...and a 400cfm pro carbon filter...this fan is obviously too much cfm (728) for the carbon filter (400) correct? Now I also have a sunleaves 6 inch (409cfm) fan but It isn't enough to keep the light cool...my question is what is my best most efficient way to set this up to where I'm emptying my odors and cooling my light down???...with only one fan because I am going to be getting a small veg tent and I plan on using my sunleaves inch fan (409cfm) with the 400 watt I have sitting around!!!!
# stoned thoughts
#highbreed:lot-o-toke:

You can only run the fan at a variable speed which cant exceed your carbon filter which is 400 CFM. If you exceed the CFM rating on your carbon filter you WILL have smell leaks.... If the 6 inch is not keeping your light cool i would recommend upgrading your carbon filter or be prepared to upgrade once the smells get bad.
:thumb:

One way you can do it with a fan to big is put a y on it outside tent. Then run one line from outside of tent too inside and threw light and out of tent to the Y (do not let it pull air from tent,have it pull air from outside of tent threw light and into y. Then hook a line from your filter inside of your tent and run it out to the Y....

Forgot to add put a controller on it so you can adjust it for air flow. You can put a cut off inline valve on fan line coming from the light to allow more or less to pull from that line and that will pull more or less from filter as well.

One way you can do it with a fan to big is put a y on it outside tent. Then run one line from outside of tent too inside and threw light and out of tent to the Y (do not let it pull air from tent,have it pull air from outside of tent threw light and into y. Then hook a line from your filter inside of your tent and run it out to the Y....

So this would be some thing like
==>fan==>cooltube==>y
Y==>filter
?

If you run Y the one for light should never pull air from inside tent and only pull cool outside air in threw light and back out. The other line go's to filter inside tent and run outside too the y

Also, you can look into making a swamp cooler. Since the lights are causing the heat to spike upwards, it's also not as humid as it was. using a homemade swamp cooler, which is literally just water absorbing, wicking panels of material that soaks in water, and has a fan blowing over it. As the water evaporates, it cools the air some. Since it's a passive system, using water, it's not hard to keep running when needed.

This will affect your humidity though, so keep an eye on it.

Heres what i have so far lol

Attachments

• 20201029_141531.jpg
    20201029_141531.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20201029_141526.jpg
    20201029_141526.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20201029_141524.jpg
    20201029_141524.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 42
Back