5'X5' One Plant Scrog Pounder With LED

Just finish reading every word and sir you are the best because you want to share real knowledge and shoot down the B.s. that is sometimes spread

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to go threw it. Number one goal is to get the info out there to help make others better. I just do what I can with what I got and no b.s when I do it. Keep it growing green my friend..

Hey CO, how close do you suggest putting LED grow lights to the plants? I'm going to be starting from water-germinated seeds, then put them directly into 10" pots with a 96x3 Reflector on yo-yo pulleys above. Auto flower seeds, FFOF soil.

I start them about 28" them bring them down about 4" per week. Depends on the plants on what each likes. You have to keep a eye on bleach spots. If that happens then move up 2"+. You will see the fan leafs reaching up reaching when they are happy. You do not want to bring the light to far down until you see the plants growing resin to protect it self then you can start getting that light down on them and that will make plant develop more to protect it self. The more resin the more good feelin

... the biased HID growers who bag on LED ...

If you just invested in HID or replaced your ballasts or something, you'll have to talk LED down .. else you'd have to admit a stupid investment .. most people's ego's will not allow that.

If you just invested in HID or replaced your ballasts or something, you'll have to talk LED down .. else you'd have to admit a stupid investment .. most people's ego's will not allow that.

That's a good point.
At this point in time you'd think people would all want to invest led way due to not only the technology but the mounting evidence for them.
Ill be the first to admit that hid gets great results for cost but at the expense of bulbs, ballasts, constant energy waste and cost and heat problems and investments.
So I believe that any one without LED now but has a HID could do one big good HID grow and the funds from that harvest could easily go to a LED setup, unless of course that whole smoke has to be personal use which if it was big and good should still have plenty left for funding, I myself only have 3 cheaper brand LEDs but plan on making my way up to atleast one real good LED.

That's a good point.
At this point in time you'd think people would all want to invest led way due to not only the technology but the mounting evidence for them.
Ill be the first to admit that hid gets great results for cost but at the expense of bulbs, ballasts, constant energy waste and cost and heat problems and investments.
So I believe that any one without LED now but has a HID could do one big good HID grow and the funds from that harvest could easily go to a LED setup, unless of course that whole smoke has to be personal use which if it was big and good should still have plenty left for funding, I myself only have 3 cheaper brand LEDs but plan on making my way up to atleast one real good LED.

I now own a LED that is at least for pricing in the top-end segment .. but I still want to get me a (few) platinum led's .. they rock so hard ! I hope my current grow will supply me with enough produce to not have to buy anymore, and keep enough for sale that I can invest in at least one extra LED for my flower room.

My veg area is still running on CFL's, and they produce a lot more heat then the led.

Very nice, if my cheaper ones go alright for vege they'll end up mother/vege lights if I can get a newer better one from a good harvest.
I've looked at those platinums before, very nice lights indeed they would really knock other lights out the water for me I reckon.

I'm in the same boat I've recently only had seedlings under cfl before they are ready for the led. And on a warm day they're bumping 30-34℃ but my led is at 28-30℃ on the same day

Now with my exhaust fan and leds( which I love have the inbuilt fans) I will easily be able to control things for my climate, although I havnt finished a grow with my Leds I'm happy I paid for the 3 rather than the 600watt hps with exhaust hood I nearly bought.
Ill come check out your journal in the morning mate :)

i just bought a Quantum 600w digital ballast about 9 months ago and bought the e-start mh and hps to go with the digital ballast. well i just went and bought another mh bulb just to wait for my two leds that are still held up. i grabbed a bulb didnt remember to look for the e-start symbol, got to the grow and realized o nice, this isnt going to work. drove back to the shop got a e-start bulb, came back threw her in, she kicked on for 2 days, the third day i get to my grow, one of my ballast wasnt firing, it is my quantum.. so i put my old e-start bulb in her, and nothing. i realize at this point my ballast isnt kicking on (no fans).. so i pop out the fuse switch, swap out the fuse, fire the ballast up, nothing. so now i have to send in my ballast that has a 3 year warranty, i guess the good thing is by the time i get it back i should have my leds so ill just have a brand new ballast in box..

Still love the quantum ballast, just goes to show that not every piece is perfect. Will i ever buy a digital ballast again? na thanks.

one thing i will never look back on, is matching bulbs to ballasts.

I&i

I said most ... and this is generally not true for 420 members but the main reason I am not to be found on any other cannabis forum ... ego's, ego's everywhere.

It seems as if this site has an excellent filter for them :D

This filter is our Moderator Team. :Namaste:

I said most ... and this is generally not true for 420 members but the main reason I am not to be found on any other cannabis forum ... ego's, ego's everywhere.

It seems as if this site has an excellent filter for them :D

Back
Top Bottom