6.5 weeks in to 12/12...noticing a couple seed pods, anything I can do to minimize

Lil Neutrino

I clipped off some of the small buds that were growing very low and towards the inside of the plant last night to stop them from using up nutes for minimal gain. My gf found a seed in one of them and I did a quick glance this evening and noticed two more. If the problem is not too widespread is there anything I can do to minimize this "problem"? I have never seen any "bananas" on this girl (shim?) so there must have been one or three that flew under the radar :( Hopefully that could mean that my problem will be minimal? I'm 6.5 weeks in to flower...

Thanks!

Re: 6.5 weeks in to 12/12...noticing a couple seed pods, anything I can do to minimiz

Thanks! Took your advice last night..."only" found fifteen seed pods and mostly were in just one area (THANKFULLY!). I'll keep an eye out, yesterday was day one of week seven so shim's getting close. +rep!

Re: 6.5 weeks in to 12/12...noticing a couple seed pods, anything I can do to minimiz

whatever ones that are there isnt an issue. your not going to get more of them...

Yeah, kind of what I was thinking since they had to have been pollinated a while back but it's good to see someone confirm my unresearched thoughts. Thanks :) It brings up another question though...do the pollen sacs mature at one time (period) only? From what you said it sounds like that is what you were implying but I want to be sure. It doesn't make sense that there would be multiple times that pollen sacs matured, Mother Nature doesn't generally operate like that with plants afaik.

whatever ones that are there isnt an issue. your not going to get more of them...

Agreed - Sometimes the plant will produce seeds very late on in the flowering process in order to further the plant species. It's a last resort for the female plant. Probably one of the reasons why cannabis has survived the many years it has. ;-)_

Cool, I thought maybe a few "bananas" slipped past my radar which was odd because we have been quite intimate throughout this grow. It didn't occur during my first grow but that was a much smaller plant too with limited places for buds to occur so I was a bit concerned.

Oh, and you can disregard that PM I sent you the other day...I found the new layout feedback thread and found the "log out" information there.

Sorry bout that. ;-( I was working on trying to figure out how to do that myself. The new layout had me stumped.

this is a good thing. the seeds will be femmed

Lil N do keep all your seeds! I have 6 seeds that are dark (mature) and they are more than likely to be female! yesssss

Seeds I picked off were immature, at least the couple that I squeezed while picking them off were. I have found one, maybe two more seeds that I missed and am keeping an eye out for more.

GL with your seeds, six should get you going enough to start a clone army :)

Know this was an old thread, but it was helpful. I noticed pods on a couple of my plants this morning, I messed with one just a bit, it appeared to have a small soft seed in it. Straigt boys have been gone since day 7 of flower, but perhaps there is a endetected herman or two or :wood: more. Going to inspect further during my next watering Monday.

I had plants that I know were female and then partway through flowering I saw "banana's" and I continued to let them flower until mature. I was not happy though because I got hundreds of seeds. Do you relly think they will be female and what else do you know about this phenomenon? I saved all seeds.

You had hermies, like me. I never noticed any bananas, must have been hiding in the buds. They were there somewhere, all the plants I saved produced buds, but all were seeded, some worse than other. I have a new batch going, 2 weeks into flower, grown from seeds produced by the plants referenced in his thread. 4 seeds from each of my top 2 producers with few seeds, 2 seeds from the frostiest plant with middle of the road production and seed count. All 10 plants have female parts, whether they seed remains to be seen. I am not going to disturb them looking for bananas, was very happy with the results of my last batch, even though they were seeded. But I did read somewhere about hermies throwing all females, not sure about that, as how would hermies continue to pop up? I dunno, all I care about is I didn't pay for smoke for the last 6 months and I had better shit than I was paying $60 an eighth for. I should've started a journal for the recent grow, I said I would, but didn't. I know I haven't taken as much effort with this grow, I haven't had as much time, but I also knew a lot more. Didn't need to spend so much time researching.

I had females that I accidently stressed and they ended up with "bannana's" that pollinated all four of my females and 2 had some seeds but the other 2 were totally seeded out, hundreds of seeds, but all the smoke was still awesome and I averaged 3 oz per plant. Alot of work removing the seeds but still worth it and the seeds should be female (will see this summer if they are or not), not too much of a lose I say. Might end up being a gain if they really are female seeds! This plant really seems to be a positve no matter what the situation, I guess I could try and make a negative out of it (like the feds do) if I tried but it would be hard at this point. I'm HAPPY!

Back
Top Bottom