6 Bagseeds: A Journey Worth Our Time?

Lot happened where yesterday while I was fishing. :nomo:
What does your light mfg say about light height and flowering footprint? It would be a shame to lose potency due to bleaching.:confused: A lot of members use the air pots I use a grow bag that is coated. Either way it's all a personal preference thing.

Pipe cleaners I :love: em. You can train the limbs with them without having an attachment point on the container. I also make a weight to hang from limbs using a piece of pipe cleaner and small fishing weight. The larger the branch the larger the weight you can use.

My current batch of medicine had fox tails everywhere making the buds look "alien" to the wife. The foxtails are another sign of maturity.
LOVE the fishing weight/pipe cleaner idea. I'm stealing that one, thanks! GREAT idea. So I guess, using your picture as the example, if the branch starts to get enough heft that it's raising up despite the pipe cleaner/weight, you can simply add another weight to the pipe cleaner or add as necessary to keep the branch where you want it, yes?

I would back the light off a little and possibly use some training to help keep the canopy level on the next run. This will help avoid the one tall cola and get some even light for the whole plant; PAR numbers drop a lot with every inch of distance so back it off in small increments until you feel things are maximized. I had to back mine off and I didn't think I was anywhere close to maximum PAR. I was watching a video recently where a guy was using an app called Korona to measure par on your mobile device. The interesting part was that he did some testing with an apogee quantum meter and compared the results. As expected, there was some accuracy drift but overall it was surprisingly accurate; more than close enough for a home grower. I will see if I can find it and provide a link if you are interested?

I would back the light off a little and possibly use some training to help keep the canopy level on the next run. This will help avoid the one tall cola and get some even light for the whole plant; PAR numbers drop a lot with every inch of distance so back it off in small increments until you feel things are maximized. I had to back mine off and I didn't think I was anywhere close to maximum PAR. I was watching a video recently where a guy was using an app called Korona to measure par on your mobile device. The interesting part was that he did some testing with an apogee quantum meter and compared the results. As expected, there was some accuracy drift but overall it was surprisingly accurate; more than close enough for a home grower. I will see if I can find it and provide a link if you are interested?
Absolutely, and thank you for the info thus far my friend :love:

Here is a link to the video. Pretty interesting; I have struggled with measurements (mostly because of my own OCD). I believe the great Dr Bugbee said once that "measurements are not to be trusted, except by the person making them..." and I have to laugh a little because it is so true. Ultimately, you just have to choose what you want to believe.

There is a lot of room for errors when talking about light levels, either from discrepancies of instruments readings to conversion errors between standards (PPFD, PAR, Lux, etc...) so educate yourself the best you can so you can try to stay in the mainstream.

Fortunately for us, plants don't lie and will ultimately show you symptoms if your game is off so take a look at this video to see if it helps you confirm if your actual levels are where you think they are... and make adjustments accordingly.

Mobile device PAR measurements

Here is a link to the video. Pretty interesting; I have struggled with measurements (mostly because of my own OCD). I believe the great Dr Bugbee said once that "measurements are not to be trusted, except by the person making them..." and I have to laugh a little because it is so true. Ultimately, you just have to choose what you want to believe.

There is a lot of room for errors when talking about light levels, either from discrepancies of instruments readings to conversion errors between standards (PPFD, PAR, Lux, etc...) so educate yourself the best you can so you can try to stay in the mainstream.

Fortunately for you, your plants don't lie and will ultimately show you symptoms if your game is off so take a look at this video to see if it helps you confirm if your actual levels are where you think they are... and make adjustments accordingly.

Mobile device PAR measurements
I watched the video. I immediately downloaded the app. I then spent the $5 they ask for to work on the par setting with full spectrum LEDs. Well, if you understand conversions and can simply convert lumens to par, this thing works GREAT. It's extremely accurate. It matches the par maps the manufacturer provides for the light to a T. I measure 12,200 lumens at plant height. I googled the conversion and found that the seedlings are getting hit with around 350 - 400 par. That's pretty much where they should be for seedlings. This thing is WELL WORTH the time it takes to download plus five bucks to pick the type of light you're using so it measures correctly. Pretty impressive. I figured if I went down to 18" with the light the par would come up about 200+ points, and indeed it does. And it even measures the max power of the light at 1" from the light VERY CLOSE to the 1700 uMols the light puts out. THANKS MAN FOR SHARING THAT VIDEO. BIG BIG HELP.

Hey guys, samples of the top of every plant (5) (pic 6 - same plant as 5)

20210225_184000.jpg
20210225_184004.jpg
20210225_184010.jpg
20210225_184254.jpg
20210225_184059.jpg
20210225_184105.jpg

I wonder how good a smoker you are? Think you'll be able to identify what strain your mystery seeds are when you smoke them? :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:
Would be silly coming on a growers site all "Im the heaviest smoker alive"...but I am a heavy one...
Most years hed no idea what I smoke. All black market shit. Last years with medical weed being more avaliable, I kinnda got the hang on sativa/indica high, but no way near a specific strain...
I use about 10g a week, all indica. Luckily my bag seed didn't fall far from the tree :laugh:

Would be silly coming on a growers site all "Im the heaviest smoker alive"...but I am a heavy one...
Most years hed no idea what I smoke. All black market shit. Last years with medical weed being more avaliable, I kinnda got the hang on sativa/indica high, but no way near a specific strain...
I use about 10g a week, all indica. Luckily my bag seed didn't fall far from the tree :laugh:
How do you like...do stuff?

How do you like...do stuff?
Are you referring to the amount? 10g?
I don't think it's a lot...
Smoking weed is not a social thing for me, I function quite well :)

Are you referring to the amount? 10g?
I don't think it's a lot...
Smoking weed is not a social thing for me, I function quite well :)
That's about where I am only I'm on the sativa train. Better for playing my bass. My monthly allotment at the dispensaries is 2.5 ounces, and I don't think there's ever been a month when I didn't run out of flower allotment and have to grab maybe one half gram of oil to get through til the cycle reups. I don't think it's a lot either. Yeah, nor a social thing for me either (although I do like to get my friends together at harvest time, and it certainly CAN be a social thing). More like a lifestyle.

Hey good people, hope all is well.

So I have an update.

Due to poor planet structure management, I hed 1 girl (on the right) maturing fastest, but lower sites was not getting enough light to my liking.
That, plus a determined decision not to buy anymore weed, I've decided to crop the good stuff on top and let the rest mature on. Don't judge brothers.

So..this is tent 1 now after the crop:

16144346565568007492354944795731.jpg

And this is the trimmed manicured wet sticky icky icky*

16144348021187690432138749224627.jpg

* the pic show yesterdays crop only and not what I've already consumed...:lot-o-toke:

Earlier "sampling" pics:

20210216_192443~2.jpg
20210216_202832.jpg
20210220_204637.jpg

Total cropped from that girl 108.5 grams wet.

---—————---

A thought about trimming if I may.
From what I've read here and in general, harvesting and specialty trimming is considered the least fun job for a grower, or at least time consuming and tedious.
My small (very small) experience with it was great, much anticipated, and came natural to me like I was doing it all my life. I can't describe how enjoyable that was for me, especially yesterday when chopped down ~50 grams wet.
Don't get me wrong, I can clearly see how it is becoming tedious, when you have large operation like our friend @Bill284, just an example, there are larger operations in this forum.
For now, and for my foreseeable future quantities wise, it fun and looks like gonna stay like that.
I wonder, is there anyone who's enjoying trimming?

---—————---

Here is a bud that I trimmed for like 20 min...:eye-roll: how is it looking to you??

20210226_143323.jpg

EDIT: forgot to mention that this girl had been elevated 2" for a week now. Placed a drill box underneath.

2 things I wanted to mention but forgot:

1. Tent 2 is reeking of lemon smell. Very very distinct. Can't mistake it. I had a long run smoking lemon haze back in the day, I'll bet it seed from thet.

2. I have some sugaree trimming, now drying. Made tea from the wet trim, added little bit of butter. Idk if it was very good.
Can you share your favorite triming uses? What can I make of it?
(I know how to make hash, but don't have the screens yet)

Back
Top Bottom