6-Day Sensitization Protocol: Resetting The Tolerance Levels

Yes it worked well. Now I’m kind of hard into it again but the cold turkey is too much for me when I have been using 3grams or more a day.

Can you better define “hard into it” Reave?

I couldn't find 10gauge Blunt Tip needles so I bought this pack. If the needles are any smaller then 10gauge it is REALLY hard to drawl up the oil and harder to get into caps so I recommend using a 10gauger or larger. These are what I found on the Zon and they work great, You just have to clean them out each time so you can reuse them
Blunt tip needles.PNG

I just meant into the cannabis again. 3 grams a day. More on weekends I imagine.

How are you consuming the majority of it Reave? We may be able to direct you to modalities that extend the therapeutic window and stretch the plant material much further. I can get significant improvements over smoked flower with products like dust or cob, to mention two unconventional examples.

Amy Gardner and I have decided to support each other as we traverse through Dr. Sulak's method to sensitize the ECS when it gets overwhelmed by overindulgence. Typically we slowly ramp it up until we realize we're burning through the inventory. A gentle reboot will reset the system at a much lower tolerance level and you can suddenly get better effects with less produce.

We haven't had anyone else step forward to join us in this adventure, but anyone who'd like to is more than welcome. I don't know what Amy's planning, but I'll be documenting the things I do to engage my EVS without cannabis and the detailed steps I'll be taking to work back to a lower standard personal dose. Lately I've been consuming my brownies like they were simply dessert, a sure sign that a reset is in need. :laughtwo:

I'll repost this detailed outline of the process.

I've tossed the remaining brownies into the freezer until I'm through the protocol.

IMG_654114.JPG

IMG_654213.JPG

I'm treating myself to some freshly-harvested Blue Dream bud bits tonight, and bright and early tomorrow morning I'll begin the protocol. Amy's already started. The first two days will be made easier by taking the time to smell the jars of buds. Smell but don't consume. :laughtwo: The terpenes will positively effect the residual phytocannabinoids and my own endocannabinoids. That's a trick I didn't think of the last time I went through the protocol. Thank you Amy.

Want to join us? Jump right in. Amy and I plan to enter the new year with a better handle on our consumption and medical dosing. Doesn't that sound like fun? What are you waiting for? :cheesygrinsmiley:
i know i am SO late to this.
But i just want to add, this thread and website has made me excited again to grow. I'm just in the middle of a mould situation and i'm heartbroken. So thought id use this time for a tolerance break, though it's much harder than i expected. I'm burning through my bud so fast and i can't keep up lol

6-Day Sentization Protocol - Resetting The Tolerance Levels

Thanks Sue for starting the thread and for lighting the spark to do this. I still haven't read all the downloaded stuff from Sulak's website so thank you so much for laying out the steps here, I'd forgotten the water thing! Am onto it now.

Just so folks know, one reason I'm doing it now (in addition to what SweetSue has already mentioned) is that recently I've been dosing medicinally with my own grown and made 2:1 CBD:THC oil. I have become increasingly unable to get notably 'high' at the times I want to (you know, the purely for pleasure consumption!). I wonder if this has partly to do with the effects of CBD tempering the THC, which it does. But also, I've been enjoying my vape more & more so ramping up my usage, as Sue notes above. So when Sue raised the possibility of the 'reset', I jumped!

I'm also hoping it will help me find the therapeutic dose with my new oil as I'm not certain what it's effects really are as I've been vaping quite a bit as well. I need some definition. I want to be able to get fairly wasted if I'm in that kind of mood!!

Like Sue said, I've started already. Almost by accident and then when I realised I'd missed my sleep dose, I figured I'd keep going.

First challenge today. One of the medicinal uses for me is occasional bad IBS (it's part of a cluster of symptoms that come with ME/CFS so I'm used to it) and usually I toke for immediate relief from how wretched that can make you feel for the whole day. Well today was bad with dizziness and pain but I got through it. Water... and honestly smelling the enormous bud that's waiting for me in a jar really helped. There's obviously enough in my system! TBH I'm not finding it as difficult as I'd expected based on past experience. I'm certainly a bit irritable this afternoon/evening so I've just gone to bed .. Am entertaining myself with Star Trek.

Tomorrow I plan to do some restorative yoga in the morning (literally just various resting poses - I can't do the 'exercise' part - and will incorporate some of the breathing exercises into that.

So far so good. Im 24hrs in now and very optimistic about the whole adventure!

I've got ME and Fibro and have found cannabis through that. It's so good to see someone else in a similar situation, sometimes it can feel like you're alone in your experiences. I hope you've found some good relief.

Amy Gardner and I have decided to support each other as we traverse through Dr. Sulak's method to sensitize the ECS when it gets overwhelmed by overindulgence. Typically we slowly ramp it up until we realize we're burning through the inventory. A gentle reboot will reset the system at a much lower tolerance level and you can suddenly get better effects with less produce.

We haven't had anyone else step forward to join us in this adventure, but anyone who'd like to is more than welcome. I don't know what Amy's planning, but I'll be documenting the things I do to engage my EVS without cannabis and the detailed steps I'll be taking to work back to a lower standard personal dose. Lately I've been consuming my brownies like they were simply dessert, a sure sign that a reset is in need. :laughtwo:

I'll repost this detailed outline of the process.

I've tossed the remaining brownies into the freezer until I'm through the protocol.

IMG_654114.JPG

IMG_654213.JPG

I'm treating myself to some freshly-harvested Blue Dream bud bits tonight, and bright and early tomorrow morning I'll begin the protocol. Amy's already started. The first two days will be made easier by taking the time to smell the jars of buds. Smell but don't consume. :laughtwo: The terpenes will positively effect the residual phytocannabinoids and my own endocannabinoids. That's a trick I didn't think of the last time I went through the protocol. Thank you Amy.

Want to join us? Jump right in. Amy and I plan to enter the new year with a better handle on our consumption and medical dosing. Doesn't that sound like fun? What are you waiting for? :cheesygrinsmiley:

The struggle is real my friends, trying to figure out proper cannabis dosing for a day and night, night and day user! I mean, I really need to try something atp. Hubby and I have been partaking/dosing just a bit too much IMHO and we are finally ready to reset! I have finally found the perfect solution to help with the temptation, and it’s a tupperware that has a lock timer attached to it, and you can set it for days, hours, minutes and I believe seconds lol. I feel like it would definitely help get the job done. With hubby retired and me working by appointment only, we tend to have a lot of down time on our hands and especially being post-19 and growing our own, our intake has really gone through the roof! We really need a change of pace bc I’m not digging on this lifestyle any longer, or much longer lol, it’s time! But I am absolutely terrified bc I cannot remember the last time I wasn’t medicated in the last 5 years, at least, so yeah, I know I can definitely benefit from this 6-day tapering. Even though I’m scared I really am looking forward to this little break and am curious if I can do it or not. It’s really, really hard for me to discipline myself as an adult, like having self discipline is something I don’t really have atm
:eek:
This is definitely going to be interesting to say the least, fingers crossed and
:goodluck:
!

A8427191-A871-4F9F-A98D-D7A9A13B47BA.png

My only hope to help me with the temptation :lot-o-toke:

What Grandpa said! And remember it's only 48 hours of complete abstinence.
:thumb:
Right!! When I read it was really only 2 days of no meds, I was like oh yeah this is definitely for me! Today will be my last day smoking and vaping. I’ll be starting my 48hrs, tomorrow at 8am bc something tells me I am going to want my meds as soon as the 48hrs is up. :yummy:
You got this! :cheer:
Totally! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom