6-Day Sensitization Protocol: Resetting The Tolerance Levels

Sloppy, good to hear you're holding up. Almost there.

I forget who said it, but fondling a bud really helps (or maybe I just made that up). I've crushed one already so I can retire my grinder. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I did! I started right along with y'all from the git go. I used that old trick of distraction to get though the first couple days. Thanks to SweetSue, I purchased a dehydrator so I stayed busy making dog treats and people treats (both without cannabis - BTW). The distraction really helped!

You and me both!

Today was really rough for me. Bad night sleep and crappy/frustrating day at work. I *need* the next treatment!

Stay strong everybody. We're almost through!

:cheer:
Those distractions sound fun ...

My day was rough too - are you on day 5 as well?

I had to do more physical activity and project (people) management work than I'm really capable of or medically 'allowed' to do and I was operating in a state of mental and physical distress all day as a result. Plus, trying to keep it together so I didn't lose my patience with anybody. As a result I'm now feeling a lot sicker than I have in quite a while. At one point I thought - oh this is just bad timing I have to have a vape... but I didn't. I realised it had been 3 hrs since my last micro dose so I did that instead.

I'm in bed now with pretty bad pain and neuro-immune stuff going on. (It's all part of living with 'ME' so not unfamiliar but terribly debilitating and a bit depressing all the same). I'll be in day 6 tomorrow which is where I get to up the dosage for higher therapeutic effect. I'm really curious to see how this goes. I've been riding out that THC ingestion issue because I know that CBD modulates THC effects so am thinking that maybe as the dose rises, so will that modulating effect. It's a theory... seems to make sense to me, so we'll see.

And to be clear, I've no problem with THC - I love it!!! Just not when ingested (all sorts of weird hormonal/lymphatic and other uncomfortable physical stuff happens, it's been that way my whole life).

I really like the sound of the 1:1 ratios that Stoney mentioned earlier. I'm thinking that White Widow might be an interesting medical and recreational chemovar for my vaporiser (typed strain, came back to change it! I'm learning Sue!).

I forget who said it, but fondling a bud really helps (or maybe I just made that up). I've crushed one already so I can retire my grinder. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Actually a few people said it. Some have lucked onto it, like you, and it's actually recommended by Dr Sulak as part of the whole trip - in one of his videos he talks about it. He suggested that it helps your own ECS do its thing by hitting you with some good terpene atone therapy! Which reminds me I'd better go grab that jar!

Will check back in once I'm feeling less wretched ...... probably early tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone else is findg their way through ok.

:circle of love:

Oh - I meant to share these screen shots of the Day 6 overview. This is where the work that's going on inside us during days 3-5 comes into play as having effectively reset our receptivity.

Sue, if it's not cool for me to have posted these please let me know and I'll take them down. .

420-magazine-mobile1137014432.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1578982777.jpg

Too cool! Thanks Amy.

I keep thinking, "I wish I had an answer for Amy"

:hug:

Thanks Stoney! That really helped, helps. I'm hanging in there! If today hadn't presented me with something of a shitstorm to manage on a small building project here, today would likely have been a heaps better day on the protocol than the last couple. I managed myself pretty well considering so I feel fairly proud of that.

I have a few CBD-THC 1:1 strains (and seeds for them...just sayin') here that I tend to really enjoy--but for the effects that I think you may be trying to avoid: Clear-headed raciness, with a little body/pain relaxation and a sharp, deliberate focus. Think 'clear headed sativa' without any real 'wow I'm high' feeling, and also with a little indica shoulder/back relaxation (at least that's where I notice it in myself!).

Actually that's always been precisely my fave kind of herb to smoke - and now, these last few months, to vape. I'm a Sativa girl!! Always have been. I don't like a heavy body stone at all (just the relaxation and pain easing effects). I'm seeking an oil usage now because I have a condition that involves a lot of neuropathic pain. If I get stoned and/or high it's one of the best things for it, in so many ways. But I'm seeking to get that relief without hi-ness at times hence the CBD. Plus CBD is powerful anti - inflammatory and my condition is largely thought to be a neuro-inflammatory thing. Heaps of diet changes are helping too but I know the CBD will be an excellent therapy for healing over a period of time. I'm also trying to temper pretty high level PTSD (this fluctuates a bit) and possible bipolar (I resist that diagnosis!, but maybe that's a bipolar thing to do .) and am hoping Cannabis can keep me off the low dose lithium that keeps being flagged as a good idea (by decent docs, and a herbalist and sometimes by myself in extreme moments). So there's an interesting balance I'm trying to achieve. I'd rather be 'on' Cannabis than lithium, however low the lithium dose! I'm kind of good in those departments if I stay rather high all day everyday, but that doesn't work well for other things and has recently seen my consumption levels rise - as they do... as many of us are responding to here! Hope I haven't shared too much personal info there. I've got a lot on my plate! And just hoped to impart some of it so folks understand my aims.

So I'm only trying to avoid those effects when injesting. For my vape and enjoyment... bring it on!! :smokin:

I do think it's possible you're in a funky middle-area with the CBD. Most doses I've seen are certainly higher than .25, and like you, I'm wondering if we'll see something else kick in with the same dose soon. Keep us posted??

It's been really great having the support here. 100% couldn't have made it this far without it.

Yes, yes and yes to all that!! I had some of that in my mind when I was writing the post above...

:circle-of-love:

Those distractions sound fun ...

My day was rough too - are you on day 5 as well?

Hi Amy,

Yes, and I can see the finish line. Next time I think I'll pick a different 6 day period to sensitize. This time of the year is usually frustrating work wise.

I had to do more physical activity and project (people) management work than I'm really capable of or medically 'allowed' to do and I was operating in a state of mental and physical distress all day as a result. Plus, trying to keep it together so I didn't lose my patience with anybody. As a result I'm now feeling a lot sicker than I have in quite a while. At one point I thought - oh this is just bad timing I have to have a vape... but I didn't. I realised it had been 3 hrs since my last micro dose so I did that instead.

I'm in bed now with pretty bad pain and neuro-immune stuff going on. (It's all part of living with 'ME' so not unfamiliar but terribly debilitating and a bit depressing all the same). I'll be in day 6 tomorrow which is where I get to up the dosage for higher therapeutic effect. I'm really curious to see how this goes. I've been riding out that THC ingestion issue because I know that CBD modulates THC effects so am thinking that maybe as the dose rises, so will that modulating effect. It's a theory... seems to make sense to me, so we'll see.

Aside from a bad back from my ______ days (fill in any exaggeration you like) and arthritis, my physical issues pale in comparison. Please get better. We're almost done! Let's make a date to sensitize spring/summer next time. It might be easier all around.

And to be clear, I've no problem with THC - I love it!!!

THC is our friend! :circle-of-love:

:Namaste:

Keep water nearby at all times, and drink as much as you can make yourself take in without stress. It's always recommended with cannabis, but when going through a period of abstinence it makes a profound difference in how you feel.

I can recommend a couple excellent chemovars for motivation. Carnival, from Ministry of Cannabis, is the best all-round sativa I've tested to date, and I have a long string of candidates to compare her to. She offers a clear minded focus and the energy to get things done. The best feature might be the total lack of any crash when you slip off the euphoria.

Dark Devil Auto by Sweet Seeds has a reputation around these parts for being the sativa that gets you up and going, so not only are they incredibly beautiful flowers, they also get you busy, with an excellent spirit and the motivation to accomplish whatever you set the mind to.

As Rifleman once noted "It's the only sativa in my extensive selection that doesn't shoot my motivation in the foot." She has a turnaround timeline of 2.5 - 3 months. I've gotten up to 4 ounces off one, so there's the chance for decent yields.

Ahh yes water for drinking, I read you folks mention it but it slipped my mind when writing. Seems there's a lot of water involved. Water to drink, water to sweat, water to bath in. Hallelujah it's a miracle withdrawal drug. Better patent the shit outta that and sell back to people at a highly inflated price. If Big Harma can do it then so can I. Actually no I couldn't. Stupid empathy.

What's a chemovar? I've seen you use the term a few times but have no idea what it means. I've seen Carnival mentioned around here but haven't really paid much attention to it before. I might have to look into it. I've got a few Sativa's I want to try cause I really want that energetic feeling. Golden Tiger, Green Crack, White Widow, Jack Herer. I've currently got a Green Crack vegging and yesterday put a freebie White Widow Auto and Kush Auto in soil (Kush popped her head up today but still waiting on the WW) as a test run of auto's just so I can give the Dark Devil's a try. That DDA community grow thread got me hooked on that beauty. I haven't read it all but dang those pictures look amazing and is the sole reason I wanted to give auto's a shot. And I'll be wanting to practice how to turn my ladies into dudes so I can get some seeds so there's always one of them gorgeous ladies growing at all times. But I gotta wait for time to catch up to my daydreams. Bloody time, always getting in the way.

Ahh yes water for drinking, I read you folks mention it but it slipped my mind when writing. Seems there's a lot of water involved. Water to drink, water to sweat, water to bath in. Hallelujah it's a miracle withdrawal drug. Better patent the shit outta that and sell back to people at a highly inflated price. If Big Harma can do it then so can I. Actually no I couldn't. Stupid empathy.

What's a chemovar? I've seen you use the term a few times but have no idea what it means. I've seen Carnival mentioned around here but haven't really paid much attention to it before. I might have to look into it. I've got a few Sativa's I want to try cause I really want that energetic feeling. Golden Tiger, Green Crack, White Widow, Jack Herer. I've currently got a Green Crack vegging and yesterday put a freebie White Widow Auto and Kush Auto in soil (Kush popped her head up today but still waiting on the WW) as a test run of auto's just so I can give the Dark Devil's a try. That DDA community grow thread got me hooked on that beauty. I haven't read it all but dang those pictures look amazing and is the sole reason I wanted to give auto's a shot. And I'll be wanting to practice how to turn my ladies into dudes so I can get some seeds so there's always one of them gorgeous ladies growing at all times. But I gotta wait for time to catch up to my daydreams. Bloody time, always getting in the way.

That DDA is a stunner, eh? She's snared many a passerby. :laughtwo:

In botany there are no "strains." No one is really certain where the name "strain" came from, but prohibition helped it become part of the canna language. Dr. Ethan Russo, one of the leaders in researching cannnabis and it's therapeutic effects, has asked us to please begin using a more appropriate botanical term, to assist in our endeavor to bring legitimacy to the plant.

In the same way that I'm cautious to use the term "cannabis" because it elevates the conversation into something closer to the respect the plant deserves from us, I try to use the word "chemovar" to designate individual chemical expressions in plant form. We have so many strains going that there's no way any longer to be sure what you're even growing without testing, is there? But each plant has an individual chemical fingerprint, a unique chemical variety of cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and other components we're only now discovering the values of. So he asked, and I heard his request and responded.

Now I can't write or say "strain" without immediately following it with "chemovar." :laughtwo:,

Good morning all. Day 4 for me and things are okay. Little restless last night trying to sleep, but I didn’t notice much sweating, if any. My stomach remains a little queasy, but it’s more nervousness or jitteriness. It has subsided quite a bit from day 1 naturally so I figure I’m on track there.

I hope you all have a great day!

Good morning all. Day 4 for me and things are okay. Little restless last night trying to sleep, but I didn't notice much sweating, if any. My stomach remains a little queasy, but it's more nervousness or jitteriness. It has subsided quite a bit from day 1 naturally so I figure I'm on track there.

Still doing it eh tokin .

Go you gon.

We're almost done! Let's make a date to sensitize spring/summer next time. It might be easier all around.

Thanks Sloppy .
I'm in the Southern Hemisphere so it's beautiful weather for me. I think you & sue are right that this might make it easier for some. Alchemically speaking I remember a yoga teacher in my early years - who was pot friendly - say that springtime is the best time to break from it. Can't remember exactly the reason... But it's felt good, even with the unrelated challenges to navigate.

Good morning all. Day 4 for me and things are okay. Little restless last night trying to sleep, but I didn't notice much sweating, if any. My stomach remains a little queasy, but it's more nervousness or jitteriness. It has subsided quite a bit from day 1 naturally so I figure I'm on track there.

Great stuff GT - you seem to be be moving through it very well ..

Day 6 for me today! Now the experimentation begins. . I haven't started yet, it's only 6am. Figure I'll wait till after breakfast...

Sending wishes of goodness and support to all on the protocol (or contemplating it)!

Great job everyone!! In a hour I'll be 72hrs into this. I woke today with real energy which felt amazing! Slept through the night! Not feeling the cold sweats today like yesterday so that another plus, I think I'm through the most difficult part for sure. I'm really looking forward to smoking a nice sativa!

Thanks Sloppy .
I'm in the Southern Hemisphere so it's beautiful weather for me. I think you & sue are right that this might make it easier for some. Alchemically speaking I remember a yoga teacher in my early years - who was pot friendly - say that springtime is the best time to break from it. Can't remember exactly the reason... But it's felt good, even with the unrelated challenges to navigate.

Yup, that's a little out of my zip code. :thumb:

Day 6 is going well! The THC ingestion 'issue' seems to be easing .. This morning I took the single dose and then half an hour later, when I knew I wanted more from it therapeutically, I took another and it seemed really good. That didn't last more than an hour or so though. I've held off taking anymore right away as it was outside the session time, and will repeat the dosing process soon (it's been nearly 3 hours) only this time I'll probably do the 3 doses over 1.5hours and see how that goes.

I think my theory about the moderating effects of the CBD was a good one, as the second dose didn't increase the THC effects at all. .

It's an interesting day to be doing it as I'm in a complete crash after yesterday's efforts and pain and neurological issues are more intense than on my better days. But it's exactly this kind of thing I'm seeking to manage so it's kind of been good to have things flare up while I'm resetting - even if it mean I can back it off on better days. I'll know now what I need to do on a bad day and that's super helpful!

Off for the second dosing session of the day .

I'm curious to know about this whole cleansing process if this is primarily to influence the effects of THC and not CBD. What I'm trying to get at is if this sensitization protocol is to re-sensitize us to the effects of cannabis, or specifically THC and the 'high', do we need to cut out all parts of the plant or could we take a high CBD/low THC strain/chemovar during the break?

I'm probably not explaining this very well but it's in reference to the latest WHO report regarding CBD which you can read a bit here:

"Recent evidence from animal and human studies shows that its use could have some therapeutic value for seizures due to epilepsy and related conditions. Current evidence also shows that cannabidiol is not likely to be abused or create dependence as for other cannabinoids (such as Tetra Hydro Cannabinol (THC), for instance)," reads an announcement from the WHO Expert Committee on Drug Dependence.

WHO found that CBD offers medical benefits for both humans and animals without a risk of addiction. "In an animal drug discrimination model, CBD failed to substitute for THC. In humans, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential," the report reads. "To date, there is no evidence of recreational use of CBD or any public health-related problems associated with the use of pure CBD."

As you can see the report suggests that "cannabidiol is not likely to be abused or create dependence as for other cannabinoids" and "CBD failed to substitute for THC" and "there is no evidence of recreational use of CBD" indicating "CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential". So if CBD does not likely create dependence and is not typically used recreationally and fails to substitute for THC could we infact use it as a substitute for THC during this sensitization protocol? CBD wouldn't replace the absence of THC but it could help to mitigate the negative effects resulting from withdrawal. Just a thought. Though all this would be strain/chemovar dependent and possibly dependent on how it's consumed (joint, water pipe, vape, oil, etc).

Any thoughts on this concept? Possible or not? I'm not sure if it would work because I don't think you can get 100% CBD and 0% THC. There's usually a teeny tiny bit of THC which could throw off this whole idea, but there could be a few strains that might be plausible. Charlotte's Web? CBD Critical Cure? Cannatonic? Surely there should be atleast a few possible contenders out there.

[edit] forgot to close the quote bracket.

Amy,

So glad you felt comfortable enough to open up--even this day and age, somehow we find a way to feel truly comfortable and at home with each other here on 420mag.

Well, I'm back in the saddle--and boy oh boy, is it great guys.

I've LOVING being high again, and the first two hits from the bong have been blissfull. And so, so small--I went from filling a large bowl (.3g or so) and crushing it, to my smallest bowl with no more than a pencil-eraser's full in it. MY mind is racing in wonder, my back and shoulders feel lubricated, and I can't wipe this smile off my face.

THANK YOU. YES, YOU.

Another busy today, out the door early this AM.

Hope you all are well!

Amy,

So glad you felt comfortable enough to open up--even this day and age, somehow we find a way to feel truly comfortable and at home with each other here on 420mag.

Well, I'm back in the saddle--and boy oh boy, is it great guys.

I've LOVING being high again, and the first two hits from the bong have been blissfull. And so, so small--I went from filling a large bowl (.3g or so) and crushing it, to my smallest bowl with no more than a pencil-eraser's full in it. MY mind is racing in wonder, my back and shoulders feel lubricated, and I can't wipe this smile off my face.

THANK YOU. YES, YOU.

Another busy today, out the door early this AM.

Hope you all are well!

WOO HOO! :high-five:

I felt bad not being here yesterday, but you guys understand. :hug: I'm so proud of you Stoney.

I'm curious to know about this whole cleansing process if this is primarily to influence the effects of THC and not CBD. What I'm trying to get at is if this sensitization protocol is to re-sensitize us to the effects of cannabis, or specifically THC and the 'high', do we need to cut out all parts of the plant or could we take a high CBD/low THC strain/chemovar during the break?

I'm probably not explaining this very well but it's in reference to the latest WHO report regarding CBD which you can read a bit here:

As you can see the report suggests that "cannabidiol is not likely to be abused or create dependence as for other cannabinoids" and "CBD failed to substitute for THC" and "there is no evidence of recreational use of CBD" indicating "CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential". So if CBD does not likely create dependence and is not typically used recreationally and fails to substitute for THC could we infact use it as a substitute for THC during this sensitization protocol? CBD wouldn't replace the absence of THC but it could help to mitigate the negative effects resulting from withdrawal. Just a thought. Though all this would be strain/chemovar dependent and possibly dependent on how it's consumed (joint, water pipe, vape, oil, etc).

Any thoughts on this concept? Possible or not? I'm not sure if it would work because I don't think you can get 100% CBD and 0% THC. There's usually a teeny tiny bit of THC which could throw off this whole idea, but there could be a few strains that might be plausible. Charlotte's Web? CBD Critical Cure? Cannatonic? Surely there should be atleast a few possible contenders out there.

[edit] forgot to close the quote bracket.

In my opinion, the reset is to sensitize the system to THC, because it's the over abundance of THC that causes the system to become excited enough to withdrawal eCB receptors. You put forth an interesting proposition. Hmmm.... The CBD Critical Cure is at least 5% THC, so that would definately be off the list, but there's a possibility that something like Candida or Charlotte's Web could make a difference, particularly in the early days of the protocol. That first day is intimidating.

I'll be growing a Candida this next year, so I'll have an opportunity to test this out on my body.

What does everyone else think?

In my opinion, the reset is to sensitize the system to THC, because it's the over abundance of THC that causes the system to become excited enough to withdrawal eCB receptors. You put forth an interesting proposition. Hmmm.... The CBD Critical Cure is at least 5% THC, so that would definately be off the list, but there's a possibility that something like Candida or Charlotte's Web could make a difference, particularly in the early days of the protocol. That first day is intimidating.

I'll be growing a Candida this next year, so I'll have an opportunity to test this out on my body.

What does everyone else think?

I was specifically thinking of a 'pure' CBD strain for those first 48 hours because after that (according to this sensitization protocol) you start to re-dose (presumably for THC and the 'high') at a micro level, but those first 48 hours withdrawal can be bloody uncomfortable and even painful. And for many of us we use cannabis to treat other issues so a complete cold turkey doesn't just mean withdrawals from cannabis it also means we feel whatever symptoms we medicate for. So because CBD has all sorts of soothing and medicinal properties, especially things like anti-inflammation, and is apparently not a substitute for THC, it just seems logical that a specific 'pure' CBD chemovar(s) could potentially be used for this cleanse if only for that first 48 hours withdrawal.

And well, if you could find a strain to deal with withdrawals from weed then maybe that strain could also help with withdrawals from other substances, like maybe opiates which apparently takes almost 100 American lives a day (91 wasn't it? I'm too tired to fact check that right now). But even if we found the perfect chemoplantstrainovar you can be damn sure that Big Harma would seek to patent the plant for monopoly control and the government would seek to protect the status quo of power, profit, and control instead of doing what's best for the people. So maybe another SweetSue patent-prevention open source information sharing journal on, uhh, whatever the heck you'd boil down the sensitization protocol with potentially 'pure' CBD while you fast for 48 hours from THC and whatever else is in weed so you can go back to getting high from a lung full instead of a bowl full.

So what are the potentials for the 'pure' CBD list? I'd do a little recon myself but me too sleepy right now though I'm sure this awsome community will throw a few names in the pile before I wake up. Aaaand go.

Back
Top Bottom