6-Day Sensitization Protocol: Resetting The Tolerance Levels

stumbled across your wonderful thread while googling
well stumbled phillychill! And welcome to 420 Mag. :welcome:

You have my whole-hearted encouragement! I find that following the good doctor’s recommendations quite closely really helps the protocol work best. Make sure you have your jars on hand to smell and enjoy during the 2days of abstinence, for example ;), it’s part of re-sensitising your system. The re-sensitising that happens over the course of the 6 days is really powerful.

All the best with it. Keep us posted :thumb:

Thank you all for the encouragement -- it really is appreciated.

Last night at around 8:30pm was my last dosage. Today (so far) is Day 1.

50+ minutes of cardio helped round out some of the morning anxieties and I more-or-less forced myself to get through breakfast. It's almost noon and I'm thinking about a nap.

The desire to hit the Dynavap is definitely there -- though for every hour that passes and I do not dose feels like an hour of success that I did not have before. So there is that -- I also try to keep in mind that even if I did vape, it'd still take a significant amount of bud to get anywhere and that if I can just gut out a few days, I'll be able to experience a far more satisfying session and longer-term relief with substantially less herb or RSO.

I am also taking some deep sniffs of a fresh eighth of Elphaba's Bliss as per the protocol's recommendations. Kind of reminds me of tea.

I've done it twice since Jan. It works pretty well. When you get past the first two days and get to take little tastes, use a pen not flower. When I did the protocol with the pen it seemed to be way more effective. Its really not too bad, and you'll be glad you did it. Good luck!

Interesting -- my thought was to use an indica with fairly low levels of THC during days 3-6 rather than a pen, since pens are pretty typically THC high. What made the pen more effective? Was it feeling? Or is it just easier to take a measured hit off a pen?

Just read a few pages and wanted to let you all know that this is a great idea. I actually do this alot. Usually 1 week on and 1 week off. So I guess im a part time consumer? Lol IBS actually blows bad, hate it. It does stop you right in your tracks regardless of what your doing or what mood your in. The best Ive done is keep it manageable by staying away from things that trigger it more so.

The 1st day back smoking a J after 7 days or longer without use is always mind blowing bliss lol

Keep up the awesome work everyone .

well stumbled phillychill! And welcome to 420 Mag. :welcome:

You have my whole-hearted encouragement! I find that following the good doctor’s recommendations quite closely really helps the protocol work best. Make sure you have your jars on hand to smell and enjoy during the 2days of abstinence, for example ;), it’s part of re-sensitising your system. The re-sensitising that happens over the course of the 6 days is really powerful.

All the best with it. Keep us posted :thumb:

Thanks, Amy. You and Sue having quarterbacked this thread several years back is just the best.

This thread also makes me think back to the moments that likely sped up my tolerance getting blown out. You live and you learn.

stop you right in your tracks regardless of what your doing or what mood your in. The best Ive done is keep it manageable by staying away from things that trigger it more so.
Damn straight!

In the last year I have ‘episodes’ much less often. It’s true that I manage the food intake well now, not eating things that seem to be triggers etc., but I actually attribute a large part of this new stability to dosing daily with oils. I take a 1:1 CBD:THC oil about 4 times a day. I take this primarily for pain but I’m sure it is helping to keep things settled re IBS. Just thought I’d share that becasue a few of you recent posters here mention have similar issues to contend with.

:high-five:

Well, Day 1 is nearing its ugly end and I'm surprised that I haven't taken a single toke despite having herb in the house.

I feel a bit physically and emotionally uncomfortable but trying my best to remind myself that by Sunday, I'll be happily at a much better tolerance level and able to better enjoy / have longer lasting relief.

My appetite is in and out, but I've managed to eat -- so that's great. However, I had to put in two full trips to the gym today just to be a little bit more manageable.

Is Day 2 any easier? Or a similar challenge to Day 1?

Does anyone know if Days 3-6 are easier by virtue of being able to re-introduce THC? Or is it still pretty challenging as you're not getting the effect you'd prefer?

Woof. Well, I am slightly disappointed to report that I had to medicate after finding myself unable to sleep and having my UC hit just hard enough to make me sweat.

I am recently coming off an illness -- hasn't even been a week and my sleep had only been getting back to normal as it is; I'm guessing my system is still pretty sensitive right now and trying a tolerance break so soon likely is playing it risky.

Still, I am looking forward to trying again in a few weeks.

:passitleft: It happens philly.

Sometimes, and I think a couple of us have posted about this in the past, the abstinence can trigger an attack. I’ve had it happen, but usually when there are other contributing factors as well. NIght sweats can be a thing, too. I’ve also done the protocol a few times without incident. That will happen for you at some point I’m sure!
:Namaste:

Thanks, Amy. I appreciate hearing that.

I have to admit, considering how limited my relief was and how I can't get back to it, I'm tempted to try again today. I haven't consumed since about 5AM this morning and though yesterday was -tough- I did manage to get through it. And besides, I'm practically just wasting herb anyway.

Can anyone tell me at what point during the protocol that the sleep disturbance improves?

:passitleft: It happens philly.

Sometimes, and I think a couple of us have posted about this in the past, the abstinence can trigger an attack. I’ve had it happen, but usually when there are other contributing factors as well. NIght sweats can be a thing, too. I’ve also done the protocol a few times without incident. That will happen for you at some point I’m sure!
:Namaste:

Well -- after a set back, I stopped using herb around 6-7am yesterday morning and just cleared through to this morning! It wasn't pleasant -- but I managed it. Looking to make a repeat of it with today being Day 2.

Does anyone know when the side-effects of the break begin to dissipate during the protocol?

DAY 3 IS HERE. And I got some decent sleep last night, so I'm kinda thrilled. :)

I haven't been dry for this long since I got my MMJ card. I wasn't sure if I could get to this point. Since getting to day 3, I'm almost tempted to stay abstinent for a little longer -- but maybe I should just trust the process and get on with my re-introduction today. :)

I think I will wait until noon to make my first administration.

Woke up with such dry mouth -- wow, I never expected to be dehydrated from going off bud.

I ended up having some CBD yesterday --a CBDPlus capsule and some hemp flower -- some folks reported having eased some withdrawal symptoms by doing it, though to be honest, I'm not sure it worked for me. I am concerned that there might be some trace THC that might have disrupted the absintence period -- but, I've read others who've done the protocol having tried CBD it didn't seem to impact their results. So, we'll see.

Fantastic philly! :high-five:

just trust the process
Yes do that! The good doctor knows his stuff :) Something happens over days 3-5 that makes your endocannbinoid system more receptive, it literally produces more receptors. So much so that it’s very easy to have a ‘whoops! Too much’ moment on day 5 or 6 :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom