6 Ladies Cloned Trifecta, 2019, Indoor 4x8 LED

I'm not a stripper, so I don't defol like some do. You will get a huge range of opinions on this topic so take mine as one voice of many.

Given the humidifiers, the first thing to do is make sure no leaves are touching any other leaves. At this stage I would just take some of the inside leaves on the lower branches to make sure that you have good airflow underneath.

Once you are ready to scrog it though it's a whole 'nother ballgame, and some of the timing on that will depend on how much access you can get to them under the net. With a scrog you eventually want almost all the foliage under the net gone, as the plants fill up the net and no light gets down below anyway. And you want max airflow below the canopy.

When are you planning on dropping the net on them? Are they all topped?

I'm not a stripper, so I don't defol like some do. You will get a huge range of opinions on this topic so take mine as one voice of many.

Given the humidifiers, the first thing to do is make sure no leaves are touching any other leaves. At this stage I would just take some of the inside leaves on the lower branches to make sure that you have good airflow underneath.

Once you are ready to scrog it though it's a whole 'nother ballgame, and some of the timing on that will depend on how much access you can get to them under the net. With a scrog you eventually want almost all the foliage under the net gone, as the plants fill up the net and no light gets down below anyway. And you want max airflow below the canopy.

When are you planning on dropping the net on them? Are they all topped?
I topped 3 and FIM the other 3. I actually thought about hitting a couple again.

01ED7BF7-DF43-4A29-B46B-245A5DB9E6F2.jpeg

Some of them looked like they were done already when I got the clones.

41CCD4E4-030F-4F99-9564-5730E0165EC2.jpeg

Front and rear right side plants I planned on bending them down when I get the trellis in. I think it was your recommendation if not mistaken.

When the trellis goes in you want as many branches off the plant as you can, because you want every square of net filled with potential bud sites. As the branches grow you keep spreading them out under the net and the new (lower) growth creates new tops as you go. Once the net is full, you let the plant grow up through it for a while (depending on headroom and expected stretch) and then flip.

When the trellis goes in you want as many branches off the plant as you can, because you want every square of net filled with potential bud sites. As the branches grow you keep spreading them out under the net and the new (lower) growth creates new tops as you go. Once the net is full, you let the plant grow up through it for a while (depending on headroom and expected stretch) and then flip.
Is there a recommendation on on plant height to start the nets? I have 8’ to ceiling. There are a lot of smaller leafs growing right next to the mains on some of them. Like super thick. I’ll take some pictures later when I get home and post.

You have a lot of headroom but I don't know what stretch you're looking at. If you figure 4" of growth above the net before flipping and you have an idea of how much they stretch, you can work backward from there. Once you put the net on, all plant growth is lateral until you've filled it.
So I count down from the light, 30” or so to the canopy, 4” of veg, stem, pot, drain, then floor?

Any recommendations? Guess I got too rough with her.
CF1FD5F0-4297-49BA-8E9D-BA293B3DBEAA.jpeg

05B6D118-73D3-4FD1-B7FD-E9F50B70F3CF.jpeg

Dammit.

Perfect, though I'd check that every two or three days because you're going to end up cutting off the circulation as it grows. I'd go with electrical tape which has some stretch to it.

You can also support the branches from below to take some strain off the break.
Yeah I have some plant friendly supports on the way. Aka green pipe cleaners. Lol.

I hate slow Fridays, but Amazon has to love them. I ordered some 12” pot trolleys with pull out drain trays. Haven’t seen this type, but solves a few problems... if they actually work as described. Some folks were saying with the weight of the plants, the catch tray gets stuck. We’ll see, this world is full of winners.
41651E25-D6C6-46F6-899A-159EC939013F.png
I also got a soil PH tester, not a cheapy this time, TDS/EC pen (Thanks for the recommendation), second hydrometer that has a remote read out panel (tired of going up and down stairs, opening the door to see where my temp v humidity is), a 5’ telescopic “hydrometer stand” lol!, 5” netting, and my wife some dress thing she had for n the cart. She was stoked. Lol!

I read up on that split stem and went down a black hole about flex or flux training. That’s some gnarly looking stuff to say the least. Definitely gave me reassurance everything is gonna be alright. She’s perky as hell today. I soaked the area in URB. Not sure what that’ll do but it felt right. Lol
I saw where someone had taken hemp
Twine and wrapped it, another used freaking gorilla glue (curious if that’s where the name originated), and then the folks that are doing it on purpose for the flux/flex, I’ll find out what it was if you haven’t heard of it.

If you haven’t seen it, check it out. Search split twigs.

Looks like my 2 Jacks have single leaf syndrome. Guess we’ll see what they do.
I’ll be starting nutes this week I believe, so hopefully we start seeing some more upward growth soon.

BE62DDF0-EFEC-4352-8AB0-CD0A77576AC6.jpeg

C6942A7B-0CFE-4A0B-A635-056922CD71DC.jpeg

Ever heard the saying, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it...

6E8A1B0D-CD06-495A-884E-EEF45477DC7F.jpeg

900CA45A-40A4-49F3-80F8-6FDB489CFE23.jpeg

5256C5F8-282A-4496-BB0D-A2991FA6AFE3.jpeg

641E1983-4F11-4A54-9330-1A866B3B9EFC.jpeg

I spent a lot of research time, effort, and money on this soil, and I’d sure hate to kill it trying to go full FF nutes. The soil and URB mix seems to be treating me well I’d say, maybe at a slower pace, but they look happy.

I have a couple days before they’ll need water, at least 4 of them, but I need to decide on FF and kill my dirt, or stick with my original plan. Hell, I may stick with the organic and use what I have been, plus the FFBB since they claim organic.

I’ve toyed with the idea of doing 3 one way and 3 the other, but I’m not sure I want the trouble. Gonna need to smoke on it for a night or two.

Thanks to @Emilya and @InTheShed for your input today. I’m not sure I’m any closer to knowing what I’m going to do, but I definitely gained some tribal knowledge today.

Till tomorrow.

Just checked up on the ole’ zip tie job... seems to have worked out great! I saw where another guy went back in with hemp twine to help back it up.

CC840B28-4581-49EE-AC8D-F0A1A379BB6D.jpeg

The not so great find is that my spider mite buddies are back.
I’ll be ordering another batch of predators soon.

Morning after the first round of nutes.

9A17B4A6-2BA9-4CAD-8172-8C156BC00294.jpeg

@Emilya can probably appreciate this picture. Thank you for the knowledge.

A4CA8EBB-F84D-48F3-891C-4553B3549680.jpeg

I added new rolling drip trays (very helpful), lowered the fan to blow under the canopy, installed a telescoping hydrometer mount (handheld flagpole), and started training on a couple of the ladies (Tuesday).

AA656987-EE63-4B8B-8C1F-6B670BABDE3D.jpeg

FD73BD16-735A-48CB-BDB4-9D36CB51D297.jpeg

I noticed this before I watered, @Emilya is this “wilt” from taking it to a full dry cycle that you mentioned? I definitely noticed the wonderful aroma emitted into the room.

BD3E2BC8-0B31-4D09-B6A8-2155EB0F6D67.jpeg

Anything to worry about here?

55329AA6-E92F-4AD3-854C-A584DE6B50E3.jpeg

Started LST on all 6... looks promising.

Before
BC14FB1D-C9DC-4CCF-9FAD-5D1945C72DBC.jpeg

After
2A288938-46AA-47D6-A948-32FBD597B52E.jpeg

23F8AB35-2E37-4365-995A-7CEE79D59EEC.jpeg

Getting ready to add the netting.
I originally ordered the 5”, but ended up getting the 3.5” instead. The 5” was too big IMO for my plants. Guess we’ll see.

3C745F86-6542-43BF-8FC1-B69D532FB61F.jpeg

7645DC06-36F5-4CFA-9867-E24DF8C3192A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom