6 Ladies Cloned Trifecta, 2019, Indoor 4x8 LED

Gave them all a Qt. of straight RO last night. Girls love this feed pattern.

B7E49778-A7C5-47E5-83E7-1E7BC3D3BB4A.jpeg

5EDA72E2-ADB5-4B54-ABD4-4B8CA952C7E1.jpeg

I hit my watering cycle mix last Thursday, then I brewed a gnarly batch of compost tea over the weekend, and fed this past Tuesday. You tell me...

FD6B58BA-2ACB-4463-958A-36AAED88890E.jpeg

I really think I need to uppot before I flip. I’m also considering no SCROG. I made a 2.5’x5.5’ net already, but I’m worried they’ve already outgrown it.

@InTheShed What are your thoughts about just going with LST with pipe cleaners vs. the SCROG? I’m running out of space and if I made anything bigger, I couldn’t maneuver around it to feed.

Is there really a big difference in yield? If not I’d rather be able to move them around and utilize the whole room.

The 2 JHerer are completely dry every other day or so now. Past 2 days and they start dropping. I have a feeling I need to put them in 5Gs. Do you have any experience with air pots? (I think that’s what they’re called)

They're filling in really well. If maneuvering around the plants is necessary, then flattening them out with pipe cleaners is the way to go. There's no difference in yield if you train them to the same width and tops. And if you transplant before you flip, I'd give them a week to 10 days to settle in first. Some folks up-can and flip but I figure that's asking the plant to do two things at once.

I haven't done air pots but I've seen others grow beautiful plants in them. I'm in felt pots which are a lot cheaper, which reminds me that I need to get some 5 gallons. I have to keep going from 1s to 7s!

Thanks Shed, yeah the air pots aren’t cheap for sure. 2 for $54, or 6 for $106. I only have the 2 at the moment that need it, but I might just do all 6. At least order them and wait for the others to catch up.

Do you ever have issues with the roots sticking to the felt? Do you just cut the pots off when you transplant?

Not sure if this is a stupid question, but what’s the typical stretch look like inch wise after flip? I have the light @ 24” right now, but I thought about building an 8” deck to lift them up to where I can still SCROG and be able to get under them to water. That’s my only issue since the plants are so close to the soil.

Thanks Shed, yeah the air pots aren’t cheap for sure. 2 for $54, or 6 for $106. I only have the 2 at the moment that need it, but I might just do all 6. At least order them and wait for the others to catch up.

Do you ever have issues with the roots sticking to the felt? Do you just cut the pots off when you transplant?

Not sure if this is a stupid question, but what’s the typical stretch look like inch wise after flip? I have the light @ 24” right now, but I thought about building an 8” deck to lift them up to where I can still SCROG and be able to get under them to water. That’s my only issue since the plants are so close to the soil.
InTheShed has pics where he put it on the bar stool then strips that girl .

InTheShed has pics where he put it on the bar stool then strips that girl .
LOL! Not quite a bar stool, but best way to do it is just put the plant on an upside down bucket smaller than the pot, and peel the pot away from the roots. Then drop the whole thing in a bigger pot. And you don't have to worry about tearing the roots off the pot as those are the ones that have been airpruned anyway.

Here are some pics I took when I stripped a pot off a root ball after harvest.

Easy peasy!

I ended up getting tall 7g. They are for potatoes, but I’d rather have height then width in the pot.
67C86189-66AF-48B8-8B3D-EFC9CF80C694.jpeg

This will help when it comes to watering with the SCROG I believe.

Do you see any issues? I know the viewing window is odd, but I think it’ll help me determine when I need to water too since I can’t do a weight test under a net. Plus it’s the tallest I could find that still fits on my drainage trolleys.

You make it look too easy !
Lol! Bet. I was just gonna cut them off. Between everything else I’ve wasted money on, I can handle cutting up $20 if it makes life easier.

Viewing window? There's plastic under that flap? Taller and narrower should work fine.
No, that would be sweet though. It’s really for when your potatoes need to be pulled without messing up the plant.

3ED1C2FE-5B31-4909-843A-2FFC275C1C18.jpeg

LOL! Make sure you put potatoes in front of the flap to keep the soil from pouring out until the rootball holds it in!
That was definitely a concern but out of the 100s of reviews, it wasn’t mentioned once, that I saw.

That was definitely a concern but out of the 100s of reviews, it wasn’t mentioned once, that I saw.
Maybe throw on a strip of safety Velcro. Lol!

No, that would be sweet though. It’s really for when your potatoes need to be pulled without messing up the plant.

3ED1C2FE-5B31-4909-843A-2FFC275C1C18.jpeg
You mean I crawled hands and knees for 40’ three rolls planting spuds and I could park this out in the garden. Next year save back and knees !

I started to say F’it and roll with the 3g but it would have been out of laziness. Mixing soil, messing with the pots, and all that is such a pain in the ass. Lol!

I need to brew another batch of Compost Tea, peel the old felt, defol, pull clones.... hope I don’t mess something up in the transfer... man! I need a bigger room!

Why does everyone make this seem so fun.

:lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom