6 Ladies Cloned Trifecta, 2019, Indoor 4x8 LED

I hear grocery stores carry potatoes now.
LMAO! Right, they have a bunch of bad ass stores that sell bad ass buds down the street too. FML!

Something about growing a garden that makes me feel good! Yellow squash and crawfish in the deep fryer.
It’s not legal outdoors for personal here. Lock and key.
Good thing because everything would have been waxed Saturday. Seriously came outta nowhere. Sunny mid 70s, then boom!

Looks like a swarm of locust came through the neighborhood.

I have to go to Trinidad is my closest!
Star, Eu**ora, and GS are all within 5 miles from me. I’m sure there are more but those are my quick and easy.

I went ahead and tightened up the net because the plants would have ended up overpowering how loose it was. I still need to bring it down some I think, but we’ll see when the pot come in. That’s roughly 3.5x5.5’.

110E4FF5-5BB4-45FF-B7C8-7567A396CAE1.jpeg

Just went down and snapped this. See what I mean about space. 4.5x8’ is too small. I let them veg to long. Most of the growth came after that tea cycle I did. Fn nuts!

CA918AF2-069E-47E1-AEB9-81D71F53999B.jpeg

EE1D21F0-BD33-4546-91DE-097B19DAE3EA.jpeg

Holy shit! June in Colorado looks like a load of fun :).
It freaking snowed 6” the Monday before last. Woke up like wtf is this. Thankfully I hadn’t planted all the veggies outside yet.

You still have plenty of side space in there, and then it's all up!
I’ll make the net the full length as long as I can still get under the canopy. Maybe leave a foot or so front/back for air flow.

I’m getting ready to upcan to tall 7g felt potato planters tomorrow. I couldn’t find any of the Black Magic Soil I used in the 3g, but found another “like” soil at a local nursery over the weekend. It’s a Roots Organic line that basically has the same ingredients so we’ll see how it does. I mixed 1.5 cf of that, and 1cf of the Black Magic I had left over from before. I also went with a chunkier perlite (8qt) this time, 4qt of the same HDepot EW castings as before, 3qt of another brand I use for my compost tea, 8.5q MG compost, 1.5c of Flower Girl, .75c of a DTE flower mix that I also use in the tea, and finally a dash of GW mica. I have a good feeling about this mix. Smelly... and very light.

2E4DFDC0-249E-488D-B916-E2B64C4F4510.jpeg

I ended up mixing about 2.5 cubic ft so I had to bust out the ole calculator. Lol!

773C4189-9DD4-4F11-92D2-A665D5EAB9FB.jpeg

I decided to brew this stuff in the garage this time. It puts a cocoa/fish/molasses smell in the house that has just started going away after 2 weeks.

8C18F0F2-3475-42E3-9E5C-492F9354E6A5.jpeg

I also bought a 6” in-line fan, 390cfm, and an 18” carbon filter. Organic grows really have a unique smell to them... not the kind you want flowing in your house for sure. I stopped using the FF nutes after the first time I fed them, so everything I mix or brew up has a fishy smell to it. Lol.

@InTheShed
I need to let these dry completely out before I pull the felt and transplant right, or is it better/easier moist? I’ve been top watering the two big ones so the others can thoroughly dry out too. I’ve heard dry helps them stay together better, but I just wanted to get a trustworthy opinion.

Does/has anyone put clay balls in the bottom of their felt pots to help with drainage? I’m not sure if it’d promote mold or anything like that later on, so I figured I’d ask.

If they take well, I plan to do a good defol after a few days, give them another week or so, then flip after the next feed. Should be two weeks from tomorrow.

After I get the upcan done, SCROG up, and everything set, I bought a pint of lady bugs to make sure nothing gets out of hand in there. That last batch of predatory mites, and the neem weeks after seemed to get rid of everything. The lady bugs seemed like a good precautionary measure for only $7.50.

I’ll post some pictures of the new pots tomorrow.

Calculators good!
just started going away after 2 weeks.
LOL!
I’ve heard dry helps them stay together better, but I just wanted to get a trustworthy opinion.
Dry root balls hang together better but I'm sure it will work with some moisture in there if the roots are dense enough. I've been transplanting damp from plastic pots lately but the roots have been solid.
I plan to do a good defol after a few days,
I've been waiting a week after transplant before stressing my plants lately. They seem happier to have more time to get settled.
Does/has anyone put clay balls in the bottom of their felt pots to help with drainage? I’m not sure if it’d promote mold or anything like that later on, so I figured I’d ask.
I used to put a small layer of perlite at the bottom of my cloth pots but gave it up because it didn't seem to matter and I was just wasting perlite! It's more important to have the pots on wire racks or similar to make sure the bottoms can dry.

Ladybugs good!

Calculators good!

LOL!

Dry root balls hang together better but I'm sure it will work with some moisture in there if the roots are dense enough. I've been transplanting damp from plastic pots lately but the roots have been solid.

I've been waiting a week after transplant before stressing my plants lately. They seem happier to have more time to get settled.

I used to put a small layer of perlite at the bottom of my cloth pots but gave it up because it didn't seem to matter and I was just wasting perlite! It's more important to have the pots on wire racks or similar to make sure the bottoms can dry.

Ladybugs good!
Ive been using the Ups a Daisy things from HD and drilling more holes in them. I’m going to see what the clay does. I’ll let you know how it drains tomorrow.

I just worry because when I had a thick layer on the top of the gallon pots, I saw what looked like mold growing between them and the soil layer when I up’d to 3g. I don’t want that shit on the bottom by the roots. We’ll see.

First one down... first time seeing real sun light too.

D6E882DC-642F-417F-B336-1A2B6C0946BA.jpeg

97DD7D75-3FA3-4DA9-A55A-34BBB0D04FD4.jpeg

It’s an LED setup, actual pull is 265w.
I’m not too concerned about that aspect regardless. My electric bill Is nothing compared to what it was back in Texas. Lol.
I’m not too sure about bugs either... these were packaged clones 3 weeks ago (TGS), so as far as I know, they’ve never been exposed to bugs. To be quite honest, we don’t have many bugs in CO. It’s still snowy season here. It’s coming down as I type.
I appreciate the input. I’ll see if I can dig up a scope and get a closer see.
I’d be shocked though.
When I purchased my clones, I never had any bugs (just fungus gnats from time to time). However, within 1 week of having the clones, we ended up with a spider mite infestation that took a couple of months to eradicate. They have not come back - what a pain!

This is what I ended up trying.

E03CAFD0-4E6C-468E-B99F-54462419B0CD.jpeg

Both Jacks.

6F4CEE49-E63E-4979-844B-FFD333735E23.jpeg

D4C1FB9E-06AB-48DC-B3EE-CB8E15649006.jpeg

BF731E20-742E-4D46-B599-72CF8A3A0A72.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom