6 Ladies Cloned Trifecta, 2019, Indoor 4x8 LED

No cat and the dog wouldn’t fit back there. Lol! It not possible for any rodents to get in/out. I have been fighting mites, but not on that one. My clones were purchased at a dispensary and the 47s ended up both having them. I released predator mites last week so who knows. Going to start Neeming this week.

Light leak is not really possible as they are in the basement enclosed in their own 4x8 room, no windows, no light source after dark. I am guilty of messing with them often, but not after I drop the temp at dark. 18/6 on at 2am off at 8pm. If I’m in there messing around, it’s right when the light triggers off and I’m spraying, and I defol with the lights on. I did have some folks over last weekend and I think my wife had taken a friend down to show her. I’ll start paying more attention to that. I wasn’t aware it messes with them like that.

I have a 6” fresh forced air intake from outside and the weather in CO has been all over the place so it’s been a pain regulating my RH. I still have to run a heater and humidifiers 24/7 to keep it over 70F. I’ve been 70-80F 55-65%, average 75F@55%. I dropped the humidifiers this morning to 40-50% so we’ll see how they look when I get home. It’s 30F and snowing today so I’m sure it’s all over the place.

I’m not sure I can cut down on the nutes as I only did a .25 of the recommendation from the FF feed schedule since it was their first round. I was seeing signs of Zinc def. according to the chart, so I assumed they need more. I was actually going to step it up to .50 recommended today.

Here’s a pic of the defol on the first Jack from this morning. You’re right on the “too much” on the first two. Bonsai’d the heck out of it and the second. Jack didn’t need as much. If you look closely you can see the single leaf thing I was talking about. @Itibitiguy

479C4BD1-5324-4D72-80C5-CBF200ED0A49.jpeg

No cat and the dog wouldn’t fit back there. Lol! It not possible for any rodents to get in/out. I have been fighting mites, but not on that one. My clones were purchased at a dispensary and the 47s ended up both having them. I released predator mites last week so who knows. Going to start Neeming this week.

Light leak is not really possible as they are in the basement enclosed in their own 4x8 room, no windows, no light source after dark. I am guilty of messing with them often, but not after I drop the temp at dark. 18/6 on at 2am off at 8pm. If I’m in there messing around, it’s right when the light triggers off and I’m spraying, and I defol with the lights on. I did have some folks over last weekend and I think my wife had taken a friend down to show her. I’ll start paying more attention to that. I wasn’t aware it messes with them like that.

I have a 6” fresh forced air intake from outside and the weather in CO has been all over the place so it’s been a pain regulating my RH. I still have to run a heater and humidifiers 24/7 to keep it over 70F. I’ve been 70-80F 55-65%, average 75F@55%. I dropped the humidifiers this morning to 40-50% so we’ll see how they look when I get home. It’s 30F and snowing today so I’m sure it’s all over the place.

I’m not sure I can cut down on the nutes as I only did a .25 of the recommendation from the FF feed schedule since it was their first round. I was seeing signs of Zinc def. according to the chart, so I assumed they need more. I was actually going to step it up to .50 recommended today.

Here’s a pic of the defol on the first Jack from this morning. You’re right on the “too much” on the first two. Bonsai’d the heck out of it and the second. Jack didn’t need as much. If you look closely you can see the single leaf thing I was talking about.

479C4BD1-5324-4D72-80C5-CBF200ED0A49.jpeg

Hmmm. Seems like you're doing things correct, so I would now assume either bugs or climate. Or both. But now you mention it's snowing and up and down humidity, that would definitely make me think twice. In reference to the strange leaf growth (as opposed to the nibbler eating your leaves) anyways

But fear not because overall, still looks like a top notch grow! Plant's look really happy and healthy to me otherwise.

Hmmm. Seems like you're doing things correct, so I would now assume either bugs or climate. Or both. But now you mention it's snowing and up and down humidity, that would definitely make me think twice.

But fear not because overall, still looks like a top notch grow! Plant's look really happy and healthy to me otherwise.
Thank you sir. I overwhelmed myself getting six without having half a clue on what I was getting into. Lol.
I was telling Shed that this has turned more into a huge experiment to work through some of the bs misinformation out there. I’m trying a bit of everything on certain plants to see how they react.

A percentage of the advice out there is based on what I call bro-science! Including some longstanding myths.

If it's just a few leaves with that cutting damage, take them off and see if you spot any new ones. And 50% of the nutes should be good, but keep track of any spotting from Ca/Mg deficiencies and yellowing of the bottom leaves (not that you have any left ;)) for signs of the plants needing N. Those are the first to show at lower strength nutes.

A percentage of the advice out there is based on what I call bro-science! Including some longstanding myths.

If it's just a few leaves with that cutting damage, take them off and see if you spot any new ones. And 50% of the nutes should be good, but keep track of any spotting from Ca/Mg deficiencies and yellowing of the bottom leaves (not that you have any left ;)) for signs of the plants needing N. Those are the first to show at lower strength nutes.
Yeah I’ve heard Emilya use the term in some of here comments. Definitely have seen a bunch of that around. Lol!
I still have 1 of each to trim this afternoon. I’m hoping the RH didn’t get too funky with this damn snow.

Technically week 7 in veg, but week 2-3 for nutes. I went quarter strength last run. Should I go half on all this time?
Anything stick out that I should avoid/add?

07DF6FC8-B3BF-40EE-9567-32E2D81ED472.jpeg

By week 7 I would be at 1.5 to 2 tsp of Grow Big and 1 to 2 Tbs of Big Bloom. Along with 5ml of the Cal-mag+. I haven't used the other two so I can't tell you about those.
My soil Mix:
Black Magic- Whole bag
Miracle Grow Organics compost- 4 Qts
EW Castings- 4 Qts
Dr. Earth Bloom- 1.25 Cps
Perlite- 5 qts
Lined with Great White mica.
PH@6.5 with 4 separate samples

BM said not to nute the soil for 30 days so I held off. I was worried it’d fry them. Technically my second time with FF. It’s had URB since day 1.

98439C22-3C00-4A02-BFF1-76A068D89A28.jpeg

Seems you're doing ok tho. Sooner or later you'll find your sweet spot.

First month of veg, I like to add a calcium product to the soil (pre planting) and go with a low NPK formula (1-1-1 or 2-2-2) for top down liquid feeding. Usually the calcium product will have other nutrients too. So don't need to feed much at first veg. After 30 days, do something like shed said above...Basically use veg to strengthen branches, establish roots and grow to get ready for flower. Then flower is when I like to go crazy! But not to crazy haha

If you're going half strength during veg, you should be fine, as long as you're flushing (watering anyways) with only water in between feedings. For instance, feed once a week and in between the next feeding , use one or two water only "waterings" . But if it's cold or plants aren't drying out in between feedings, you could skip a weeks feed to let the soil dry out a bit.

I'm somewhat knowledgeable but please don't take my opinion as the holy grail, ya know? There are many here who I've read that have way more experience. Just gotta take everything in and experiment!

Keep it up! Once things warm up, you should start seeing less problems in one area, and more problems in other areas lol

The URB is to help the plant process the nutrients? I'm wondering why you went through the trouble of mixing up soil and then also adding synthetic nutes. Most folks do one or the other. Your way makes it difficult to know what to add.

Best thing is to read the plants and see how it looks. They will tell you what they need.
So originally I was going off a recipe from a source out in Cali that was growing the same strains. All he used for nutes was (Not exactly same brands) that soil mix, URB, and seaweed mix.

Again, this is why it’s turned into an experiment. Emilya said I kill my micros with the FFGB so I said F it, already bought the FF line, just going to go that route. Also after you said it would “nute up” the taste later.

After getting both of your opinions, I went to the web and started researching nutes effects on live organic soil. I found supporting information for all sides, and opted to roll both ways.

The decided factor was that all agree, YES, they DO kill the micros, but such an insignificant amount compared how many there are in totality of the soil, that it doesn’t matter. Especially if you’re “replenishing” them weekly, if not more.

I was going to run it by everyone, but thought I’d be burned at the stake. Lol!

I hit them with everything April 15th.
This was just now. Looks like it was the RH after all. Look at how perky!
It hasn’t been above 50% today, whereas it’s usually 60-65% constant.

Afghan that I defol’d last night
6DE8932A-75C4-4013-A85C-08BB19AEE435.jpeg

47 I haven’t seen stand like this in awhile.
This is the one that looks nothing like it’s sister. Only topped, no defol yet.
DB088C0F-BFD1-4749-A15F-B5A30A053C50.jpeg

She’s the only one with leaves like this.
F55A318B-D9C1-441F-99C8-5F459A613447.jpeg

Jack defol’d last night
DF221025-97F8-47C1-B8DF-5E95F0AD488B.jpeg

First month of veg, I like to add a calcium product to the soil (pre planting) and go with a low NPK formula (1-1-1 or 2-2-2) for top down liquid feeding. Usually the calcium product will have other nutrients too. So don't need to feed much at first veg. After 30 days, do something like shed said above...Basically use veg to strengthen branches, establish roots and grow to get ready for flower. Then flower is when I like to go crazy! But not to crazy haha

If you're going half strength during veg, you should be fine, as long as you're flushing (watering anyways) with only water in between feedings. For instance, feed once a week and in between the next feeding , use one or two water only "waterings" . But if it's cold or plants aren't drying out in between feedings, you could skip a weeks feed to let the soil dry out a bit.

I'm somewhat knowledgeable but please don't take my opinion as the holy grail, ya know? There are many here who I've read that have way more experience. Just gotta take everything in and experiment!

Keep it up! Once things warm up, you should start seeing less problems in one area, and more problems in other areas lol
T
So originally I was going off a recipe from a source out in Cali that was growing the same strains. All he used for nutes was (Not exactly same brands) that soil mix, URB, and seaweed mix.

Again, this is why it’s turned into an experiment. Emilya said I kill my micros with the FFGB so I said F it, already bought the FF line, just going to go that route. Also after you said it would “nute up” the taste later.

After getting both of your opinions, I went to the web and started researching nutes effects on live organic soil. I found supporting information for all sides, and opted to roll both ways.

The decided factor was that all agree, YES, they DO kill the micros, but such an insignificant amount compared how many there are in totality of the soil, that it doesn’t matter. Especially if you’re “replenishing” them weekly, if not more.

I was going to run it by everyone, but thought I’d be burned at the stake. Lol!

I hit them with everything April 15th.
This was just now. Looks like it was the RH after all. Look at how perky!
It hasn’t been above 50% today, whereas it’s usually 60-65% constant.

Afghan that I defol’d last night
6DE8932A-75C4-4013-A85C-08BB19AEE435.jpeg

47 I haven’t seen stand like this in awhile.
This is the one that looks nothing like it’s sister. Only topped, no defol yet.
DB088C0F-BFD1-4749-A15F-B5A30A053C50.jpeg

She’s the only one with leaves like this.
F55A318B-D9C1-441F-99C8-5F459A613447.jpeg

Jack defol’d last night
DF221025-97F8-47C1-B8DF-5E95F0AD488B.jpeg
This is the BM granulate fertilizer that goes with the soil. I bought it planned to use the whole BM line, but later found out the liquid nutes were dc. That’s what threw everything off. Lol.
652DCF6F-FECA-42C0-B5EA-27B658D551F0.png

Here’s what I mixed.

61944933-B924-4C08-B2C1-7164A66963B6.jpeg

You must have misunderstood me. There is no such thing as "nute taste." The plant takes up the molecular form of the nutrients it needs. It doesn't know if that came from Grow Big or bat shit. Proper drying and curing is what makes weed taste bad or good, not nutrients.
No, I understood. That’s exactly why I decided to roll with FF the whole way. Lol!
When you said the plant doesn’t decipher org vs. syn molecules, I went with it.
As a matter of fact, the same guy that wrote about the micros dying, said the exact same statement you did about syn nutes, and the taste. Said it’s all about the cure.

Worth a gander for what it's worth:
LMAO!
That’s the article!
From Garden Myths. Their data base has been down. That’s the one I’ve been trying to find and show you.
I spent 5 straight hours reading everything that guy wrote that pertained to this.
That’s hilarious!

Yeah, that’s basically what I’m doing.

Emilya style with nutes, then in between I hit them with 16oz RO+CalMag per plant, mostly the outside edges. Once in the am and once at night.

I messed up and wasn’t thinking during my transplant. The initial gallon pot was 100% BM soil from the bag. The 3 gallon felts have the mix with more perlite so the outsides dry a lot faster. Don’t like having to water like this, but it is what it is.

Faster drying is much better than slower even if it's a pain to have to keep up that pace. Also, plants dry out faster as the roots grow, so that's a good thing!
Yeah, just wish I had it all consistent. It’s a noticeable difference. I almost need to do the edges twice between each feed. lol.
Still working that balance.

Feeding Week 3 but 7 weeks in VEG.
Second round of this nute mix.

Half dosage FF recommendation
5 Gallon Spring water @ 7.0 natural

Per gallon: —— Total for 5 gallons:
CalMag- 2.5ml —— 12.5ml
Seaweed- .5tbl —— 37.5ml
URB- 15ml —— 75ml
FFBB- 3tsp —— 75ml
FFGB- 1.5tsp —— 37.5ml

We’ll see where this lands after I mix.
Usually @6.8

Think I’ll PH @6.2 this round.
(My experiment)

I didn’t last time and saw defs for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom