6 Ladies Cloned Trifecta, 2019, Indoor 4x8 LED

Drying or curing? Curing should definitely be done in the dark and cool (if possible). Drying should be done in the dark but shaded should be fine.

I can tell you what I do, and that's wash with H2O2 because of the bugs. I go 50/50 with water but you can go 2:3 H2O2:water if the hydrogen peroxide runs low (I keep clearing out the shelves of my local drug store!).

I'm not sure if the lemon juice/baking soda method kills the bugs so I go with H2O2.

Drying or curing? Curing should definitely be done in the dark and cool (if possible). Drying should be done in the dark but shaded should be fine.

I can tell you what I do, and that's wash with H2O2 because of the bugs. I go 50/50 with water but you can go 2:3 H2O2:water if the hydrogen peroxide runs low (I keep clearing out the shelves of my local drug store!).

I'm not sure if the lemon juice/baking soda method kills the bugs so I go with H2O2.

I’ve seen where folks use the jacked up version of H202 and end up drying too fast.
Out of all the research, this is the method I was going to try... minus using RO water. I was going to use tap for the first 2, then spring for the others.

What do you keep your drying condition stats at? I was going to try and keep it 70-75F @ 40-50%. That’s pretty much what the natural state is downstairs.

There is a version of bud washing that includes really hot water. I don't buy into that. I use water straight from the tap (hose). 3% H2O2 doesn't do anything negative to the trichomes (Jorge Cervantes recommends it). It just turns into oxygen and water in short order.

After I wash I shake the branches out and hang them in the shade with a box fan on them for 4 hours or so, while I take off the fans and trim (I prefer to wet trim). Then I hang them to dry for (I hope) a week. I like the drying area in the upper 50s or low 60s as I know they won't dry too fast. The longer the better.

When the stems crack without breaking, I cut the buds into turkey roasting bags and burp them twice a day for a week, then once a day for a week, and get them down as close to 62% RH as possible. Then they go into jars with Boveda 62s for at least 3 weeks curing before anyone gets a crack at them.

So from chop, that's six weeks before they're fired up!

There is a version of bud washing that includes really hot water. I don't buy into that. I use water straight from the tap (hose). 3% H2O2 doesn't do anything negative to the trichomes (Jorge Cervantes recommends it). It just turns into oxygen and water in short order.

After I wash I shake the branches out and hang them in the shade with a box fan on them for 4 hours or so, while I take off the fans and trim (I prefer to wet trim). Then I hang them to dry for (I hope) a week. I like the drying area in the upper 50s or low 60s as I know they won't dry too fast. The longer the better.

When the stems crack without breaking, I cut the buds into turkey roasting bags and burp them twice a day for a week, then once a day for a week, and get them down as close to 62% RH as possible. Then they go into jars with Boveda 62s for at least 3 weeks curing before anyone gets a crack at them.

So from chop, that's six weeks before they're fired up!
Sweet! Thanks brother.
I’ve heard of the Bovedas before so I’ll definitely get those.

I’ve read the back and forth on the hot bucket, and some say “blanching” them in cold after the hot makes them prettier. I just want good clean smoke. I have plenty of pictures of them when they were “pretty”. Lol!

I’ll probably have a warmer 3rd bucket and a cooler 4th, but nothing extreme.

Oh, I thought you were shying away from the H2O2. I've never heard of anyone doing both!
No, I’m confident H202 will be fine as look as I don’t mix too much. This is what Doc says in an older post, but on his Brix page he doesn’t use the H202. He recommended a 4th with H202 for heavy pest and/or PM.
(His 420 method)
4 buckets total. (5 gallon buckets are perfect)
Bucket 1: 3 parts RO water to 1 part 3% H202.
Bucket 2: 5 gallons of RO with 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup Lemon Juice
Buckets 3 and 4: RO only.

Sounds like he covers all bases!
Can I mess anything up on my Afghans if I went in and trimmed off all the smaller buds. I didn’t trim all the smaller stuff on one (just never got to it), and was going to go ahead and start cleaning them up. They probably have another week or two to go, so I wasn’t sure if I’d be doing more harm than good.
It’s the one I didn’t top either. Big ole main.
EF8AEB35-B7FB-4B8A-8F11-3CB613CEFBC7.jpeg

Sounds like he covers all bases!
Doc messaged back saying that H202 wasn’t necessary if no PM exists. I say do both, why not right?

I use it to kill the bugs even without the PM.
So scrap the lemon juice/bs?
I’ll have to dig it up, but I saw somewhere that the “Real lemon juice” brand has a nitrate/nitrite preservative in it that helps prevent mold in the curing process along with helping the folks that cure for 6 months. That’s why it’s used in some methods apparently, vs. it’s acidic quality.

Sooo many ways to skin a cat.

Then I hang them to dry for (I hope) a week. I like the drying area in the upper 50s or low 60s as I know they won't dry too fast.

This isn’t temp is it? Surely you’re talking RH.

No, sorry...RH. The humidity in my neck of the woods is usually in the upper 50 to mid 60% range during the day. 70-90 outside at night but lower indoors.
Is 75F a good target, or will lower be better. I really don’t want to run a heater, but it’ll get 65- at night and 75+ in the day if I hang them in the pop up.

Back
Top Bottom