60 hrs darkness before chop, only 1 of 3, question

vyserage

If i were to start the darkness clock the moment my lights turn off at 11am (almost 5 hrs from now) and leave the lights off until 11pm Sunday (60 hours of darkness), would the plants i dont chop be okay to continue flowering back on original schedule of 11/13? I'm flushing still and it will have been 6 to 7 days flush on sunday. Its looking like 1 or possibly 2 of my plants are not quite ready and its still very green so it has plenty of stored nutes that i wouldnt mind letting it get out of its system + mature a bit more.

Any bad effects to the plants that would continue for minimum 3 days to a week?

I doubt it. Lights off for an extended time like that won't hurt. I'm not sure about a week though, that is long. I've lost power before and lights were off for two days. Keeping them warm was my biggest concern. And it all worked out. I used to like giving them a few days off darkness before the chop. Until I went perpetual with a full room then it wasn't possible.

Thanks :D My instincts were telling me it would be just fine as in flowering the less light, the faster it'll mature so at the very worst they would mature a bit quicker before any ill effects due to lack of light for too long.

Thanks :D My instincts were telling me it would be just fine as in flowering the less light, the faster it'll mature so at the very worst they would mature a bit quicker before any ill effects due to lack of light for too long.
Yeah, 11/13 speeds them up. Some will argue it's a better schedule all around because healthy plants grow more/ better with lights off.

Enjoy the harvest ;)

Before I did DWC I always put em in time out before harvest
24-48hrs, sometimes more

Seemed to always work well

Good luck with your harvest

Okay i harvested today on Flowering day 92. I got some before the 60h darkness period and after. Did not see any difference, but this is just for this strain. I didnt check my BlueDream for comparison so in the future ill continue doing a before/after pics of strains. I dont mind doing it just to save some electricity lol. Gives me more flush time too.

Looks great. Enjoy that good work.

Back
Top Bottom