600w coolshade, Fan Kit, 1.0m Tent Set-Up help

v1nc3

hi ive just recieved my new growtent with 600w bulb and a coolshade with an Extraction Kit consisting of an RVK 125mm Extractor Fan,10m of 127mm flexible ducting & a Re-fillable CF240 125mm Carbon Air Filter can some help with this setup as it came with no instructions the fan needs wiring up how have u guys got yours setup so the cool tube actually works with everything else can some 1 plz show a diagram been looking on net but no luck
thanks

does the carbon filter need to be in the tent or out where do i put extraction fan?

6oowatt MH or HPS?

Im not sure if we have a tuturial on how to wire, but I WILL do some searching for you! So Ill get back to you on that...

The caron filter doesnt have to be inside the tent. You could deffinatley keep it outside, in fact thats way more efficient...Takes up less space in the grow room. I push air through my carbon filter...So I have clean air intake into the growroom, all exhaust air goes through the carbon filter.

thanks for reply the wiring is sorted found some diagrams in the end

ive set up my carbonfilter etc like this not sure if any good thru
carbon filter ducting cooltube ducting (extractor fan outside tent) this pulls tent in with the pressure ov fan pulling air throu carbon filter do u think this is ok or will be ok?
again thanks for help

ps.ive been looking at envirolite timers with built in contactors have u had any experience with these as i only have 1 light in tent and seems better option than contactor/relay box cheaper 2 but would like some info experience with these timers (any1) still have a few bits to get lol but getting there

600 watt hps bulb for flowering have seperate space for vegging with 250watt envirolite bulb

i Dont mean to confuse matters but im pretty sure that the carbon filter does have to be inside the tent that's where the smelly air is and you need it to pass through the carbon filter before it exits the grow room/tent. if you were to have the carbon filter out of the tent it would effectively suck air from the room that your tent is in. You dont really have to worry about the space that your carbon filter is taking up with your tent you will have plenty of height and you will want to put your carbon filter up high as heat risers it will be above your bulb so it wouldn't be taken up any usable space.

p.s check out my grow journal to see how ive set my tent up.

I'm pretty sure Stonergrower just has his fan flipped over in reference to yours or mine DrTent.
If you think about it as long as the carbon filter is the first or last thing the air travels through as it cycles through the tent you will be fine. I have mine pulling because as I understand it it is more efficient on the fan.
I also have no space issue with mine because it hangs higher than the light would raise anyway. Ok I am rather loaded and I probably ramble, there's a pic in my journal of how mine is set up just click the link! Good luck I think you will like the tent.:cheer:

Does it cause a problem though if you have your filter on the outside venting into the room your drawing your fresh air from?? (just curious)..

Does it cause a problem though if you have your filter on the outside venting into the room your drawing your fresh air from?? (just curious)..

Unless you're ducting the exhaust into the attic, another room, or outside, you're venting into the grow room whether you're pulling through the filter with the filter inside the tent, or pushing through it with the filter outside the tent.

You should be drawing fresh air in from the bottom of the tent, cab, box, etc. and exhausting at the top, so there shouldn't be much mixing of intake and exhaust.

If you have your tent or box in a hermetically sealed closet, then you would be recirculating the same air, but that's probably not gonna happen.

regards,

SS

Back
Top Bottom