600w HPS/MH Electronic Switchable?

Jango

Hey guys, getting ready to upgrade my light, thinking about getting this one pictured below, anyone know anything about it or have any other advice on it? Good light, bad light?? Ive only used cfl's so im completely ignorant on HID lighting.

Digital_600w_HPSCoolTube6_GALLERY.jpg

SYSTEM OVERVIEW

100% BRAND NEW!
600 watt HPS/MH Digital Greenhouse Electronic Ballast.
Cool Tube 6" x 19" Glass Tube Reflector with built-in 15' RF SHIELDED Cordset
GrowBright Brand High Output 95,000 Lumen 600 watt High Pressure Sodium Lamp/Bulb
Complete grow light system Just attach the reflector, screw in the light bulb and plug in and GROW!

Digital Greenhouse Electronic Ballast

High Output! Operates bulbs at their peak performance levels. Higher output = Higher Yields
Saves Electricity. 30% More efficient than standard "core & coil" magnetic ballasts
New Technology uses electrical circuits instead of antiquated and less efficient copper coils
Less Heat! Very low heat ballast helps make grow room temperatures more manageable.
Operates both 600w High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and 600w Metal Halide (MH) bulbs.
Multivolt feature automatically adjusts for voltage. Runs on either 120v (household voltage) or 240 volts with no special rewiring necessary.
"Soft Start" technology extends lamp life up to 3x!
Built-In Cooling fan extends ballast lifetime.
Specifically Designed for Horticultural use!
Lightweight, extruded Aluminum housing will last a lifetime!
2 Year Warranty

COOL TUBE 6 Reflector

-Top Quality Pyrex type 6" x 19" glass tube

-All Stainless Steel and Aluminum Construction, will NEVER RUST!

-Internal and External Reflectors included. They are made from highly polished and textured aluminum (95%+ reflective) for maximum light output without "hot-spots"

-6" Open Ends for straight through design allows for MAXIMUM inline air cooling

- BUILT IN 15' RF SHIELDED Ballast to Reflector cord! Plugs into reflector receptacle on ballast!

-BUILT IN 5KV Pulse Rated Mogul Socket fits H.I.D. lamps/bulbs.

-Can be used Horizontally or Vertically!

-Perfect for grow rooms in which CO2 is being used! Vent air from outside room, through COOL TUBE reflector and vent back outside grow room. Just cool the air from the reflector and bulb (the bulb is what’s giving off the heat) and leave the CO2 in the grow room for the plants.

GrowBright High Output 600w HPS bulb

High Output 95,000 Lumens: Higher Output = Higher Yields!
30% More Blue/Violet Spectrum provides better spectrum for plant growth
24,000 hour average lifespan (one year=8,760 hours)
Designed Specifically for Plant Growth this bulb is exactly what you need to grow the best plants possible!
Don't settle for "no-name" generic run-of-the-mill bulbs to grow your favorite plants. This specialty horticultural bulb has a proven track record for being among the best horticultural bulbs on the market today!
The bulb is what delivers the energy for your plants to grow, using this GrowBright High Output Horticultural lamp is one of the best things you can do for your plants!
ONE YEAR WARRANTY ON BULB

Huh. I'm surprised that no one responded to you.

I haven't heard anything outright bad about this system. I know it's a good bargain way to light your room.

I know I've been considering them, but I'm also looking at the Advanced Nutrient lineup too. I already have their nutes, so it seemed like a good way to extend the love. Looks like they have a lot of possibilities, including this:

90,000 LUMEN OUTPUT, A VICIOUS FIRESTORM OF RED LIGHT FOR AN EXPLOSIVE FLOWERING STAGE, AND THE QUICKEST STRIKE TIME EVER RECORDED... NOW IN A 600 WATT HPS BULB.
At a massive 90,000 lumens, your Red Diamond 600 Watt HPS bulb gives you complete bragging rights over any other 600 Watt bulb available... because it has the highest initial lumen reading of any bulb in its class.
- You'll enjoy a powerfully enhanced flower spectrum that will give you over 99% color consistency thanks to a unique gas combination that blasts out a firestorm of red light!
- Your 600 Watt Red Diamond bulb is ready to work - immediately. With a strike time of less than 4 minutes, the Red Diamond 600 Watt bulb reaches full lumen output faster than any other bulb in its class. For best results pair with a BaddAss Low Frequency Digital Ballast.
- Your Red Diamond 600 Watt HPS bulb is protected in an exclusive "cocoon" of packaging that you'll only get with BaddAss Bulbs. Plus, each one of your Red Diamond bulbs comes in an Oil Guard protective removable sleeve which will prevent the oils from your hands from ever coming in contact with the surface of the bulb. This is important because oils from hands and fingers can cause hot spots that severely damage a bulbs surface, even worse, in some cases leading to bulb rupturing or exploding.
- Your Red Diamond 600 Watt HPS bulb is painstakingly built and held to strict AQL standards. If even one slight defect is found on even one bulb, we go all the way back to the beginning of QC to our visual, functional test and burn-in stages and go through the whole testing and qualification/approval process over again.

The idea of it being switchable is a cool idea too.

I'd love to see your experience once you use them in your rooom.

AN is sort of my Apple - buy one and soon you're buying it alll LOL

WARNING!!!
I have one of those cool tubes. Be careful with the reflector. It has the tendency to fall off. It can fall onto the plants. If your gonna use it secure it with duct tape or something.

The idea of it being switchable is a cool idea too.

I'd love to see your experience once you use them in your rooom.

AN is sort of my Apple - buy one and soon you're buying it alll LOL

That setup from AN sounds pretty good too decrim! The one pictured above was what was on ebay, i actually ended up just going to htg's website and ordering off of there. I got a slightly different setup, different hood and bulb. I went with a 6" easy cool hood and a 600w Agromax bulb. Though it is a cheaper setup its what was in the budget and so far i have been VERY happy with it! Ballast runs really cool, quick startup, temps stay down. You can click on my grow link to see how its been doing, have had it running for about 2 weeks now.:)

WARNING!!!
I have one of those cool tubes. Be careful with the reflector. It has the tendency to fall off. It can fall onto the plants. If your gonna use it secure it with duct tape or something.

Phew! Well good thing i went with a different hood! Thanks for the heads up though

Back
Top Bottom