600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie

Re: GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie

Thanks for doing this side by side grow Be IRIE. I know it is a lot of work especially considering all the other stuff you have going on. Very informative work. :bravo:

hey irie all your plants look great . seems like the hps and led are just about equal watt for watt. i would imagine the led over time might make up for the diff in cost on account of the hps bulb degradation. but i guess the dry weight will tell the real tale :tokin:

Hey guys, thanks for your patience with me.... I know I have not maintained this journal the way it should have been.. I am not going to go into why, but I do apologize to Mike and all of you that have been watching...
Everything is down and some are in jars.. I will fill in the time with some of my thoughts and such from the grow... For now though, the LED weights will be lower then the HID and I think this is for a few reasons. #1 is my getting used to the LEDs... The learning curve was a bit steeper then I thought it was going to be, and all my heat and bug issues didn't help. #2- They both would have done much better with some training. I did want to do this first grow with as little training as possible so that i could see how they would grow uninterrupted next to each other.... I know you guys like to see the big ole colas and the massive yields, but I really wanted to see this part of the two grows. Any future LED grows will be a SCROG which I think the LED will work really good for... If anything, I hope some people will see how far LED's have come in the last few years, and hopefully just a small sign of what is to come... We all know that will won't have a choice in the future... I will get some stuff up here soon, busy weekend here in Colorado...... Thanks to the all of you for hanging in there with me......
:passitleft:

Ok, we will start off with the third Dimension.... Both of the clones struggled the whole time. They were never very happy... They were both the smallest plants and the first to come down.. The 3rd Dimensions were taken down on day 60, they were starting to get ambers.. Both weights were way low.... :loopy:
The LED weight
3rdDweightLED.jpg

HPS -
3rdDweight.jpg

Side by side... HPS on the left and LED on the Right
3rdDsidebyside.jpg

LED- secondary and popcorn nug pile
3rdDLEDLB.jpg

HPS-secondary and popcorn pile
3rdDHPSLB.jpg

LED- primary nugs
3rdDLEDBB.jpg

HPS- primary
3rdDHPSbigbuds.jpg

The taste tests will be soon.. I am going to have my patients do the comparison tests (taste,smell,looks) with them... This should hopefully happen this week....

taste,smell, I would like to know the comment on them ,glad you are going to report on it,thanks
br

Ok, here is the Chernobyl. It went 70 days and was the third set harvested
LED final weight
ChernobylLEDfinal.jpg

HPS final weight
ChernobylHPSfinal.jpg

Side By side.. HPS on the left LED on the right
chernobylboth2.jpg

LED- secondary and popcorn
chernobylLEDmediumnugs.jpg

HPS-secondary and popcorn.. I have to go see if I can find that seed!
chernobylHPSmediumnugs.jpg

LED primary nugs
chernobylLEDtops.jpg

HPS-primary nugs
chernobylHPStops1.jpg

LED nuggage
chernobylcloseupLED.jpg

chernobylcloseuptopLED.jpg

chernobylfrosty1LED.jpg

chernobylfrostyLED.jpg

HPS nuggage
chernobylcloseupHPS.jpg

chernobylcloseuptopHPS.jpg

chernobylfrosty1HPS.jpg

chernobylfrostyHPS.jpg

I am looking forward to testing these.... :tokin:

"I am looking forward to testing these"
yea we all would.
br

Right on erie good job in hanging in there.I did not read much but with all the soap marks on your leaves it looked like a touph battle...All in all I believe this was an honest representation and a realistic out come.From what I have seen watt for watt there pretty much equal.I would half to say given good conditions the led seems more healthy but sacrifices yeild but not enouph to matter:thumb:

Snowcap, was harvested at 68 days.. They almost weighed the same..
LED final weight
snocapfinalLED.jpg

HPS final weight
snocapfinalHPS.jpg

Side by side
snocapsidebyside.jpg

LED primary
snocaptopsLED.jpg

HPS primary
snocaptopsHPS.jpg

LED secondary
snocapsecondaryLED.jpg

HPS secondary
snocapsecondaryHPS.jpg

LED close ups
snocapcloseupled.jpg

snocapcloseupLED1.jpg

HPS close ups
snocapcloseupHPS.jpg

snocapcloseupHPS1.jpg

Looks like I need to do a better job of trimming.... :lot-o-toke:

I will try to answer the questions after I get the pics posted...
Here is the final one, the Satori which was taken @ 75 days into 12/12
Satori LED final weight
satorifinalweightLED.jpg

Satori HPS final weight
satorifinalweightHPS.jpg

Side by side
satorisidebysideboth.jpg

Primary pile LED
satoriprimaryled.jpg

Primary pile HPS
satoriprimaryHPS.jpg

Secondary pile LED
satorisecondaryLED.jpg

Secondary HPS
satorisecondaryHPS.jpg

Close ups LED
satoricloseupprimaryLED.jpg

satoricloseupLED.jpg

satoricloseupLED1.jpg

HPS close ups
satoricloseupprimaryHPS.jpg

satoricloseupHPS.jpg

satoricloseupHPS1.jpg

:peace:

hey irie great grow and great journal. the comparison was very informative its good to know i don't need to have 1-2 grand free for leds to maximize my crop watt for watt. but it is also another tail tell sign that leds can hold thier own in production.

i do have a question irie. i cant remember what your strains were more of sativa or indica but since sativas and indicas grow different did you notice one preferring one light over the other?

Back
Top Bottom