600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be Irie

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be I

The only one of the LED that may have more sites then it's counterpart is the third Dimension, and that one has been growing like a brick shit house and slower then the rest since day one and was not supercropped because it was so much smaller then the rest... Yes, i would have still supercropped the LED plants, I pretty much use supercropping as my training for a canopy when I want one and for the most part, supercrop all my plants... All the plants were transplanted into three gallon containers
Snocap
snocap1.jpg

DSC024402.JPG

Chernobyl
Chernobyl4.jpg

DSC024431.JPG

Third Dimension
3rd_dimension.jpg

DSC024461.JPG

satori
Satori2.jpg

DSC024492.JPG

:ganjamon:

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports Competition - GrowLEDHydro's 600W LED vs. 600W HPS by Be I

Thanks Irish
Yes, the LED stems seem to be a little thicker.... Some of my LED plants stems turned purple, none of the HPS has... I just raised the light to around 2 ft above the canopy. I would like to try and open them up a little bit before I throw them into flowering.

Thanks Irish
Yes, the LED stems seem to be a little thicker.... Some of my LED plants stems turned purple, none of the HPS has... I just raised the light to around 2 ft above the canopy. I would like to try and open them up a little bit before I throw them into flowering.

ya during veg i found with that light the closest you want it is 24" 26-30 treated me good in veg.. a little stretch but not too much any thing closer then 24" seems to just keep the plants compact with no stretching.. with 26-30" you can open things up a little and let more light get threw the canopy.. i dont know for sure whats the correct hight? since i only used that light once but around their seemed to work out good for me.. not too sure about the purple stems i never get that unless the plant strain has that. so thats weird.. IMO leds seems to make plants go cal/mad def.. some HPS grows stated the same thing.

IMO at the end of the day its all about the quality of the buds then quantity.. i much rather have less straight fire then some good bud.. but theirs still a balance point because we all know HPS will grow some killer bud also, so the yield vs quality has to be within reason IMO.. not saying any light is going to yield more or being better smoke, but something that should be token into consideration IMO.. i much rather have an 1/8 of some straight one hitter quitter, then a 1/4 of bud that i have to smoke a blunt to get me danked.. ive always be curios about quality between the two lights.

much rather have an 1/8 of some straight one hitter quitter, then a 1/4 of bud that i have to smoke a blunt to get me danked..

Agreed:bongrip:

Wassup good people... Thought I would give a quick update and some pics...
I am thinking about a week or two then they will be flipped to 12/12. I have a few more supercrops to do until I have the canopy the way I want it... Everyone is back to being healthy, still burning them every once in awhile ( can't spoil them to much), that budswell gets me every time, even @ low doses... The weather has been beautiful here, the tents are staying in the mid 70's low 80's and as the weather gets colder the tent temps will keep dropping...
TS- sorry misunderstood the question from a few weeks back... I am thinking of grabbing one or two randoms to add to the tents for flowering. Depending on coverage, I will try to get six plants under each, the four main test subjects and the some randoms..
SnoCap-
Snocap11.jpg

DSC024872.JPG

Third Dimension-
third_dimension1.jpg

DSC024893.JPG

Chernobyl-
Chernobyl11.jpg

DSC024911.JPG

Satori-
Satori12.jpg

DSC024931.JPG

HPS tent (full)
DSC024962.JPG

LED tent (full)
DSC024981.JPG

:peace:

Thanks for the update Be. I know your are insane busy most times. :thanks:

Just found this grow!!!!!! I'm in!! Been looking for something like this for awhile!!!!!
Looking good so far, good luck!:rocker:

Thanks you guys..... They are moving right along... I have been working on the canopy getting it ready for the flip. It is pretty close to where I want it so hopefully they should be flipped here soon.. Here are the tents
LED tent
DSC025171.JPG

HPS tent
DSC025162.JPG

thought I would give a peek at the flowering room that is not part of the LED/HPS comp.... Just trying to get her finished so I can have some space back..
SFV Kush-
DSC025061.JPG

DSC025074.JPG

The underside of the flowering room
DSC025142.JPG

Topside
DSC025102.JPG

Peace,love and happiness to you all...

ooooooooh cant wait to see who wins but im goin for the LED light darker shorter bushier baby but hey they both look good im in for the rest man i luv this sight so mamy educated people and som very beautiful plants everywhere.:popcorn:

hey ire damn you could put on a clinic with those set ups. your plants look good. do you find the led naturally creating a more even canopy?

Now them's some tight gardens!

Gorgeous plants, Irie! You are truely talented in gardening.:morenutes:

Thanks for the good words you all... The hot weather is back, supposed to get into high 90's today, good for all the outdoor plants.It's going to be another crazy year for weather....
I am hoping to flip the lights tomorrow or Thursday, the HPS side is just getting to big.. Canopy wise the LED doesn't do anything special, the look like mini me's of the HPS, they are growing a lot alike but just smaller... The HPS has had to be supercropped more to keep it level, but I am able to keep more plants in the LED side because of their size. I will pick two plants to add to the four, so it will be six plants under each light and will be flowered in their tents. I can't wait to see how the LED tent does in flowering. If they look half as good as the other LED grows ( you guys are doing a kick ass job) I will be happy.... Some pics of the girlies.....
Chernobyl- my favorite plants of the group
Chernobyl5.jpg

Chernobyloverhead.jpg

SnoCap-
snoCap2.jpg

SnoCapoverhead.jpg

Satori-
Satori3.jpg

Satorioverhead.jpg

3rd Dimension-
3rdD.jpg

3rdDoverhead.jpg

Led Tent-
LEDtent.jpg

LEDtentunderside.jpg

HPS Tent-
HPStent.jpg

HPStentunderside.jpg

:peace:

This has been a phenominal read. Thrilled to be officially jumping on board for the flip.

Back
Top Bottom