600W MH/HPS - Atomic Bomb - 1st Grow

Greenchef

Hello everyone! Let's get this thing a rollin'

Strain: Atomic Bomb (bomb seeds) x6
Lighting: 600w mh/ 600w hps hortilux eye
Air: intake 4" hydrofarm inline/ exhaust same 4"
hydrofarm inline, oscillating fan for circulation.
Grow medium: FF happy frog for the solo cups, then into 50% FF happy frog 50%FF ocean forest,
With an additional 30% eyeballed perlite, sitting happy in its final resting place 5gallon smart pots

Began germination 9/11
All 6 popped and hit soil by 9/14

Went 24/0 for about a week and a half until I figured out my timer has been on 18/6 since then.

Now that we're caught up
Let's see if I can figure out how to put a picture on here

IMG_318822.JPG

IMG_327011.JPG

Bare with me as I enjoy this alien OG that was gifted to me.
It is now 10/4 and I dropped a cast iron pot lid on my bare foot and broke my big toe. So no work for me today. I will indulge on this OG and make my way into "narnia" for some true update pictures. Trying to get my ph down. Sitting at about 6.8 at the moment, want to get closer to 6.

Lookin good so far. They will blow up no problem. I will sit in on this and watch if you don't mind. I bring party afvors as well:passitleft::lot-o-toke::party::party::yummy::yahoo:

Whats the yield for these ?

It's an honor man! I need all the help I can get. I would be humbly content with 2zips a plant but more is always welcome. I was just checking out your profile and admiring your work man. Pull up a seat, and I'll be all ears open to suggestions! :welcome:

Whats the yield for these ?

We’ve gone Atomic with a truly superior strain that’ll blow your mind. We combined a hand selected original US clone of the legendary Chemdawg with a hard hitting intensely flavored Kush from the Emerald Triangle. We then crossed this with our number one selling, award winning THC Bomb to create a truly knockout strain in every single way. Atomic has the brutal power of THC Bomb mixed with the classic Californian kush taste and stone.Atomic’s taste and smell is simply amazing and is sure to be a definite crowd pleaser. It mixes intense fuel and citrus aromas with hints of menthol and berries. The stone is outrageous, beginning with an immediate headrush, melting into a euphoric yet full bodied stone which is long lasting and very satisfying making it an ideal medical strain. Beginners be warned!!This strain is fairly easy to grow and is of medium height. While not having quite the monster yields of THC Bomb it’s still considered a high yielder. Buds will be large and plump with layers and layers of crystal upon crystal. Indoors flowering time can be as little as 8 weeks.Our aim with Atomic was to create something extra special – a real knockout strain with a wonderful kush flavor and awe inspiring stone. We’ve exceeded our own high standards and we’re sure you’re going to love it!

IMG_327011.JPG

Bare with me as I enjoy this alien OG that was gifted to me.
It is now 10/4 and I dropped a cast iron pot lid on my bare foot and broke my big toe. So no work for me today. I will indulge on this OG and make my way into "narnia" for some true update pictures. Trying to get my ph down. Sitting at about 6.8 at the moment, want to get closer to 6.

Ok so this dropping cast iron pot lid doesn't sound right for a chef. :rofl: Take care of that toe.

I have found adjusting pH to be one of the most critical elements. You'll definitely want to be closer to 6. I've finally found that 6.3 to always be my target. I'm ok with 6.44 or 6.19 and I log it in my notes. Your plants will love you if you get the input right.

Best of buds to you. I'll just sit here and eat my junk food. :rofl:

High there Greenchef! Things are looking good over here. On our plain soil plants we like the ff dirty dozen. They have a great schedule that we follow. The plants love it too. Welcome to 420 and thanks for stopping by our journals. Have a great day bud! Don't be a stranger as it's hard to keep up with all the journals we are subbed to.

Try this stuff. It's critical + and it'll knock your socks off!

:passitleft:

Thank you all for stopping by! The toe is definitely broken, taking vacation time for the rest of the week.
Jim- thanks for the tip on the ph, and I'm more of an ex chef gone furnace man. But love the kitchen. I'll be sure to stop by and check out what you have going on!
Canna- it's an honor as I've watched yours and nismos grows with my jaw dropped. Thank you so much for the input, I have been eye balling the dirty dozen for a while now definitely going to pick it up. Thank you mam. The critical + has been on my wishlist for awhile now thank you veryyy much. Once again thank you all for being here!!

They are looking happy as can be chef! Bomb seeds have some great genetics. We have 3 bombs going now and they are thriving as can be. Good choice. I also agree with jim, 6.3 is the magic number we found. But in all honesty, I'm glad we went High Brix and don't have to pH a thing.

But hey, keep it up. :thumb:

10/5: okay guys just finished up my coffee and smoke and strolled into the garden before cleaning the house. Everything looks decent, then I got curious about my watering.. I try to let them dry out pretty good between watering me. But I just found every 5 gallon smart pot has a good 1/4" - 1" of root tips coming out of the bottoms! Don't know if I'm watering too light?! I was afraid of overwatering. I don't know what to do, if anything at all. Could really use your alls knowledge. Thanks in advance! :reading420magazine:

10/5: okay guys just finished up my coffee and smoke and strolled into the garden before cleaning the house. Everything looks decent, then I got curious about my watering.. I try to let them dry out pretty good between watering me. But I just found every 5 gallon smart pot has a good 1/4" - 1" of root tips coming out of the bottoms! Don't know if I'm watering too light?! I was afraid of overwatering. I don't know what to do, if anything at all. Could really use your alls knowledge. Thanks in advance! :reading420magazine:

Ok, your plants look good. They can stay in those #5 pots until harvest if you like. They may get a little root bound to where you would water more often. We like to start photos in a solo cup or #1 pot. Then they go to #3 pots, then #7 sometime before they go to flower. We harvest them in #7 pots unless it's a project Nis is working on. He likes projects. We are working on a year long flux. It'll be his baby, like sparked was. I'm ok with that. I'd like to eventually start a grafting project. It sounds like something we could pull off.

When your plants are in veg, let the soil dry out. Then give a good watering, then let them dry out again. The roots will get water logged if over watered, and that will kill the plant. You have to remember they are simply a weed and grow unattended in the wild. When they are in flower, you can let the soil be somewhat moist when you water. Only in flower though.

Would you post a pic of the root tips that are sticking out? I'd like to look at them to see if you need to do anything differently. I think you are doing great and don't stress too much. This plant is supposed to make us feel good, not stress out over it... I know. Easier said than done. Believe it or not, we can go more than a day without checking on the girls. Lol! When we first started, we were checking ALL the time. I swear nis was in that damn tent more than he was around me. Lol! He was drawn to the babies. Wanting to take the best care of them. Now we know we don't need to caudle the babies and they do just fine.

Good call on the dirty dozen! You are going to love it. The foliar spray is great for vegging plants. Sledgehammer is a good flushing agent. We have used it to shock the plants to get the soil back in order so they can get healthy. Boomerang is good. We'll, they all are.

Have a great day bud, and sorry if I threw too much info at you in one post. I'll be around if you have more questions.

:passitleft: Pineapple Chunk

Back
Top Bottom