600w mh with a 250w hps for veg?

bmo420

Hey should I run both ballasts with MH or should I use one of each? I have a 600w reflector wing able to use both MH and HPS and a 250w hood that also uses both. So should I run say a 600w MH with a 250w HPS for veg and 600w HPS with 250W MH for flower. Or should I run straight MH for veg n HPS for flower

That one is up in the air my friend , I have read straight halide in an organic grow but like the mix of the spectrums, I was toying with doing this last grow but now I have two tents could try one of each and see what does better. I have been toying with an all halide grow from stuff I have been reading, will have to give it a try, Peace OG.

Its a tough call to be honest, well almost !

HPS supports a large majority of orange & red spectrum light which is said to promote flowering, this is why we all use hps for the flowering stage...

Know modern thought suggest dual spectrum... hence we see a rise in dual spectrum HID/HPS on the market, when ya think about it the plant is still growing whilst in flower... the first few weeks stretch occurs & after bud development... that stills requires some blue spectrum as technacilly speaking that is still growth !

Hence blue light is required or some !

To promote better growth... in flowering.

Now what dual spec HID/HPS go's against is some 4 decades or more of MH/HPS growing... thats old school stuff & pretty much inbreed programmming by the mass over the decades !

This why we see some people recommend 2 red cfl (hardly red more orange) cfl to 1 blue cfl for flowering... this can also be seen on a few journals with HPS & MH halide used in flowering with some prefering CMH (dual spectrum) to promote better plant growth !

At the end of day its not my problem that people are stuck in some 40 to 50 years old growing method... ya either gonna adapt or die !

Ya just got to progress with techinques or lighting... just look at LED over the last 5 to 10 years to see results, if ya don't try ya never know or learn or pass on your results for others to learn from !

So having both in flowering is good but what about veg? I'd probly see a difference in the ones under the HPS than the ones under the MH and have the best results where the two lights meet ..

Back
Top Bottom