600W or 1000W for seedlings

that's not a 600 watt. maybe a 100 - 150.
those specs on the light mean less than nothing.

ebay or amazon light ?
seedlings look ok. is the other light burple too ? maybe get it going.
Any links to a good light then for my 120x120 grow room around £300 budget?

oh crap ... uk. harder to get lights..

mars-hydro does the best budget pre-builts out there. i'm sure they build the same line up for your market as here.
got some personal reservations, but don't let that hang you up. @SmokeSara is the rep handle for this board.

over here @Budget LED is probably the better choice. build quantums that whack way above their brand class. not sure they have a config for that market tho. requires a different driver set up. i would reach out.

both are sponsors.

as full disclosure i use neither lol. built my own cob based rigs. have been in cob a while. used to work with led.

oh crap ... uk. harder to get lights..

mars-hydro does the best budget pre-builts out there. i'm sure they build the same line up for your market as here.
got some personal reservations, but don't let that hang you up. @SmokeSara is the rep handle for this board.

over here @Budget LED is probably the better choice. build quantums that whack way above their brand class. not sure they have a config for that market tho. requires a different driver set up. i would reach out.

both are sponsors.

as full disclosure i use neither lol. built my own cob based rigs. have been in cob a while. used to work with led.
I'm still new to 420mag...so do I juse message smokesara yea. Thanks for your help by the way.

i tagged them so they may be along.

there is a sponsor subforum.... you can find them direct and check out all the good stuff there

Thanks Bluter for the tag. We have sold some lights over that way but shipping is where it gets alittle more pricey. You can dm us and we can see what we can do for you. We try to support growers all across the world. Not just here is NA.

For your budget, we could light half that tent and then you could utilize what you have on the other half.

Where you find that out. I got the 350g off 4 autos but had the 1000w and the 600w side by side?
How many grams you got off the autos in one grow does not tell us how many watts the two lights combined are drawing at the wall. It just tells us how well you did with the unknown wattage.

As to how he found it out, he went on a google hunt.

I looked at the 4th photo, the one with the interesting info printed on the back of the light. It shows the Input amps. Go to google and seach for amps to watts. A calculator will come up and type in the necessary numbers or select from the options. Since you are in England or somewhere in Europe you will know your electical current info better than most of us would, but it does look like an under 300 watts draw for that 600 watt light; probably closer to 225 tops. Keep in mind that some of the wattage being used is not going to producing light but is being used to run the cooling fans. It is not a lot but it is there.

How many grams you got off the autos in one grow does not tell us how many watts the two lights combined are drawing at the wall. It just tells us how well you did with the unknown wattage.

As to how he found it out, he went on a google hunt.

I looked at the 4th photo, the one with the interesting info printed on the back of the light. It shows the Input amps. Go to google and seach for amps to watts. A calculator will come up and type in the necessary numbers or select from the options. Since you are in England or somewhere in Europe you will know your electical current info better than most of us would, but it does look like an under 300 watts draw for that 600 watt light; probably closer to 225 tops. Keep in mind that some of the wattage being used is not going to producing light but is being used to run the cooling fans. It is not a lot but it is there.

Thanks I must check that out. Just want a good light now haha. Gonna start 2 cycles so I'm thinking of keeping the 2 lights now for vegging and getting a good one for flowering. Just don't know what to go for

Hi Leafy, please kindly check the real wattage of your led first. Usually we will need around 25w/sft during seedling, 30~40w/sft during veg, and 40~50w/sft during flowering. So for your space around 400w real wattage led grow light would fit for seedling, and late during veg, you will need 480w at least, and during floweirng, 640w. So you might need them both for your space; :Namaste: But if you are not using the whole grow space, that is a different story. :green_heart:
Anyway, I see you are hanging the light at 12'', it might cause the burnt, usually during seelding, lights should hang at 30'' above canopy, and since your light might not enough, you can hang at 20~24'' first. Hope this helps. :circle-of-love:

Anyway, if you are looking at a budget light for your grow space, I would suggest you try out our TSW 2000. It is perfect for veg space 4x4 and flowering space 3x3. High PPE 2.35umol/j. very bright to use and less in your budget. During flowering, you can add your old light with it to fit your space. Then you will be full covered . ;)

Back
Top Bottom