6th Grow. 1st Journal

Jamis

This is my first attempt at a grow journal and i'd just like to say that i'm looking forward to learning through you. All suggestions are not only requested but urged. I'm a new member to 420 and i'd like you all to know how impressed I am not only with the site but with the members also. With all your knowledge and experience I'm confident i can't help but learn plenty for all my future grows. So i"d like to thank everyone in advance and here we go:

First off my grow room is an old bedroom and i have it divided into (3) sections. The first is a closet approximately 2 1/2 x 5. I have this divided in half from top to bottom. The upper is lit by a 2 x 4 cfl light fixture with (4) 6500k bulbs. This area I use for my clones. The lower has a 2 x 4 cfl fixture with alternating 6500k and 3500kbulbs. This area I use for their vegetative stage.

The second area is 4 x 4, it has a 4 x 4 cfl fixture with alternating 6500k and 3500k bulbs. This i use for my mothers ( I have 2).

Lastly, my flowerng room is approximately 4 x 12. It's lighting consists of a 400w hps and a 600w hps. I have a 6" inline fan used for intake of fresh air located at floor level on one side of the room and a 6" vortex exhaust fan on the opposite side at ceiling level.
The closet and mother areas have detachable doors, but are left off because both areas are on an 18/6 schedule. The flowering room is enclosed and sealed light tight.
All walls are covered with mylar, and have oscillating fans. There is an a/c and dehumidifier located centrally in the bedroom. My temps in the closet and mother areas range between 65 at night to 75 during the day. With humidity in the 60% area. The flowering room's temps ranges are also 65 to 75 with the humidity slighty lower.

OK, this is what I have going now:

I have (2) mothers. The first is a White Russian, The second a Bubblegum. Both I grew from seeds I purchased from Serious.
I keep them in their own 7 gal. container, They're in B'cuzz hydromix hp which i also add perlite to approximately 30%. I feed them with FoxFarm Big Grow on a feed, water, water, feed schedule.

Also, all growing is done in B'cuzz HydroMix HP, which has course perlite added to it to 30%.

I take 4 - 6 clones from each mother. I start mine in a 16 oz. plastic cup using Clonex. I water them with plain ph balanced water and place them on the top shelf of the closet (no dome) I just mist them several times and have my light source about 6" away.
After 7 - 10 days of just watering when needed and i see new growth, I start them on 1/4 strenghth nutes (FoxFarm Big Grow). After another week i take the (3) healthiest of each strain and transfer into a 1 gal. container. (The roots look nice and white and have started to fill the container.) At this point I place the (6) containers at the bottom of my closet and place them on 1/2 strength nutes for (1) week, then full strenghth for the 4th week. At this time I take 4 - 6 more clones from each mother and start that process all over.
I'd also lke to note that after (10) days I flush the 1 gal. containers with ph balanced water with roughly 2 - 3 gal. of water, then feed.

I've found that with these (2) strains they can enter my flowering room after 4 weeks time from being taken as a clones. (especially the Bubblegum. These girls like to move a bit still in the flowering stage), but they both seem to do well.

Just before I place them in the flowering room I flush them again and transfer them into (3) gal. containers. (again the roots look great and had filled the container). At this time I give them each a feeding of Cha-Ching. Then I place them under the 400w hps.
After (4) weeks of flushing, feeding and watering I move them under the 600w hps. At this time I place (6) new plants under the 400w and begin the process all over.

In between the 6th and 7th week I flush and stop the nutes. With 1 week remaining I'll give them a final watering. Then at day 56 I place them in a dark closet for (3) days of no light what so ever.

OK, well that's the lay-out and now let's see what happens over the next several weeks. I'll try and post as many pics as possible and hopefully everything will go as planned again.

Re: 6th grow...1st journal

Alright, I've got some pics for everyone...finally, so let's get this journal going. I'll start with my set up as I explained it in my opening pre-journal post. So here it goes:

This is the small closet that i converted to use for clones and their vegetative growth.

clone_and_veg_closet.jpg

The upper portion I use for clones anywhere from newly cut to 2 weeks old.
After that they get transplanted into 1 gal. pots and placed in the lower half.

O.K., let's take a look at Mom. I have a Mother White Russian I started from seed (from Paradise) in January.

This is her room. Keep her at 18/6, and feed her FoxFarm Grow Big.

mothers_room.jpg

She gets fed and flushed on the same schedule as all my plants...enough about that feeding/flushing schedule later.

I take my clones, usually (8), 4-5 weeks before I intend to flower them.
I use Clonex and I like taking a little larger clones (by which I mean longer) and use 16oz. cups with the same medium they're going to be in for the cycle (B'Cuzz Hydro Mix plus I add 20% more perlite)
Once taken I mist 3-4 times a day and place a humidity dome over the top.

clones_in_closet.jpg

The clones on the left are 10 days old and will be ready to transplant soon.
The ones on the right I just took (I removed the dome from them so you could see them better).

Like I said I mist them for 3 day, then remove the dome. After another 4-6 days I usually start seeing new growth. This is when I'll start giving them 1/4 strength nutes. I'm thinking of giving them an organic tea also...any thoughts on that from anyone?

I'm thinking of trying the tea and letting them veg. for an extra week or two. Looking to increase the yields. Again any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Well that's it for today. I'll get another post on here soon

Re: 6th grow...1st journal

Did some transplanting today:

transplant_11.jpg

This is just one of the young ladies getting transplanted, it has been about 4 weeks in the lower half of the closet vegging out.

transplant_21.jpg

These are a few of the other girls getting transplanted. They are going from those 1 gal. containers into 3 1/2 gal. containers.

Then it's off to the flowering room.

Any thoughts yet on organic teas or extended time in the veg. room? Or anything that could improve yields? Thanks

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom