6th week flower / Clawing & Yellow Leaves

Danner

So everything has been fine with this plant for a while. I've been battling bug problems, but I think I mostly got that under control over the last month. This plant has been healthy and no signs of any kind of defeciency up until now (6th week of flower, few trices turning amber). I've been feeding flora nova bloom every 3rd watering at 1/4 to 1/2 strength under 1000w HPS. Yesterday morning I come down to check the girls and just about every leaf on this plant was clawed (i.e., leaf edges curled downward and leaf tip curled down) and some leafs had actually flipped upside down. Well I had no idea what had happened since all the other plants were fine and I hadn't watered or fed in several days, yet the pot was not totally dryed out yet. So anyway, I flush with tap water (200 ppm) and then add back 1100 ppm flora nova bloom. Came back 10 hours later and all the clawing and flipped over leaves had corrected themselves, but many of the leaves had turned yellow. Oh yeah, run off of flushed water was 550 or so (.5 conv). Not sure whats going on, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

IMAG12312.jpg

IMAG12333.jpg

IMAG12303.jpg

IMAG12323.jpg

IMAG12355.jpg

re: 6th week flower / Clawing & Yellow Leaves

Hi mate, how are ya.. Firstly, nice job, theyre looking ok;)
And yes, I am inclined to agree with above comment, It looks like the natural draining of nutes from the lower fan leaves during flower, which will cause them to lighten in color and turn yellow. Left attached to the plant they will gradually curl up,go brown and then fall off, or some may fall off with a breeze or light touch. It doest appear to be anything abnormal.
At first when I read your heading, I thought you had a simialr case as with another guy on this page, his girl is really clawing and cupping, along with the yellowing spreading all up the plant. Think its a lock out/defic or similar, he is hopefully on top of it now, But if you compare the 2, yours is more natural looking, rather than a problem. You will see it spread thru most the big leaves and should really leav most the small sugar leaves among the buds a green color, some may still go a little yellow. But I reckon youre good to go:)
Best of luck, and just try not to over feed them mate, Just a good water and maybe a little feed from now should see you thru.. Hope this eases ya mind a tad. Cya. Smokemup

re: 6th week flower / Clawing & Yellow Leaves

Thanks for the replys and advice guys! I really appreciate it. Yeah I knew leaves would start turning. I was just concerned by how quickly it happened and the way all the leaves had clawed up before the leaves turned yellow. It all happened within a 12 hour period which I thought was strange. It went from perfectly healthy looking at night to just about every leaf clawing. After I flushed the clawing went away within a few hours but the leaves had turned yellow. Oh well, like u said Smoke, I'm not gonna sweat it. Just gonna water from now on and let mother nature take its course. Again, thanks!

Sweet! At this point of your grow I would not worry, looks like a slight N def. even though your are flowering your plant still requires some N. I do notice quite a bit of stretch your internode spacing is quite far apart, if you want bigger fatter buds you need this spacing to be roughly 1/2".

Thumbs up dude!

Thanks Stoma! Yeah I had a lot of issues with all my plants early on in this grow. It's my 2nd grow and had gotten all of them from a buddy. They were roughly 6 weeks old when I got them and every one of them where on the verge of death at one point from a bug infestation. Once I got them under control they all started doing really well but I think they show the results from all the stress early on. Hopefully this next grow I've recently started will go better.
Danner

Back
Top Bottom