7 Strain STS Seed Run TS3000, SP250 & SF4000 In Peatmoss

labexperiment

This is the female flowering room for this run. White walls black floor 3'9"x7'9"

Pics taken Jan 22 after a heavy defoliation pre-flowering.

Both the TS3000 and the SF4000 are at half power as of now but will change later in the flowering cycle.

Female room Jan 22 SF4000.jpg

Female room Jan 22 TS3000.jpg

Pics taken this morning 7 days into flower.

Female room SF4000-2.jpg

Female room TS3000-2.jpg

This is the male flowering room for this run, silver walls silver floor, 4x4 Mars Hydro grow tent, Under a SP250 from Mars Hydro.

The plants all received STS treatment 5 days before flower, and every 5 days after that, they have been under 12/12 for 17 days.

Male room Jan 22 SP250.jpg

Male room Jan 28 SP250.jpg

Male room 17 days into flower (2).jpg

Male room 17 days into flower (3).jpg

Male room 17 days into flower (4).jpg

Male room 17 days into flower (6).jpg

Male room 17 days into flower (7).jpg

Male room 17 days into flower (8).jpg

Male room 17 days into flower (9).jpg

I used to spray everyday as that is how I was taught to spray STS, but after making a comment in another thread someone said it is supposed to be every 5 days. So I went on an internet hunt for information and the only place I found that said to do it daily was from the person who taught me how to do it, many other sources said spray every 5 days. So this is my first attempt at the spray every 5 days method. Just wanted to document it for posterity.

I spray every 3 days, good to know every 5 days works

Even easier
I hope to do a labexperiment after this run and spray 3 plants with a 9 to 1 mix, 1 plant daily, 1 plant every 3 days and 1 plant every 5 days. Another 3 plants will get sprayed with a 5 to 1 mix, 1 daily, 1 every 3 days and 1 every 5 days. The pictures will then be examined and possibly the pollen weighed for a clear determination of which SOP is best for STS spraying. Provided I have enough meds and space to grow more meds so I don't run out.

Day 19 defoliation to open up the airflow and make STS spraying easier. Looked again today and found some info, seems only 2 or 3 treatments are needed, as I have done 3 now and I can see the formation of pollen sacs, I will stop spraying for now and keep an eye on them.

20200211_034701.jpg

20200211_034734.jpg

20200211_034742.jpg

With multiple strains in the room you will have sooo much cross pollination you will not be able to verify seeds produced on each plant

If I'm understanding u correctly

@Chris Scorpio
With multiple strains in the room you will have sooo much cross pollination you will not be able to verify seeds produced on each plant

If I'm understanding u correctly

There are 4 doors between the male and female room, male plants will be taken one at a time to a rinse station where they will be rinsed and dried and sit for a while for new sacs open, then the female of the same strain will be brought to the rinse room where it will be pollinated, both plants will be rinsed again and then returned to their rooms. The males will be allowed to finish growing whatever crosses they picked up in the male room, the females should only be pollinated by the males intended. There will also be several changes of coveralls during anytime there is a possibility of contaminating other females, bags will also be used to cover the plants during moves to reduce unwanted cross-pollination. Ultimately it's not an issue as the seeds are not for sale, just my personal use. The seeds harvested from males will be kept separate and shared freely with other growers in my area for a hunt. With 2 indica dominant strains and 5 sativa dominant strains the crosses should be quite varied.

Yer not making males, your reversing part of the plant, the rest of the plant will be female, and get pollinated

Transporting pollen around your house is asking for disaster...

Feb 28 Flower day 26 Female room

Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (1).jpg

Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (2).jpg

Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (3).jpg

Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (4).jpg

Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (5).jpg

Attachments

• Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (6).jpg
    Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (6).jpg
    955.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (7).jpg
    Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (7).jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (8).jpg
    Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (8).jpg
    925.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (9).jpg
    Feb 28 2019 flower day 26 female room (9).jpg
    958.3 KB · Views: 202
I still don't understand why you have different strains getting STS and in the same room to pollinate each other at random

The Mish mash of seeds u will have, after all that work, just dosent make sense

I also have the same 7 strains in another room which will be pollinated by the corresponding male, it is these seeds I will be keeping to preserve the genetics I currently enjoy. And I do not have 7 rooms, one for each pair of plants, and I do not have the room to keep 7 mothers around.
I did talk to a horticulturist a few days ago and she advised me of a safer way to reduce the chance of unwanted crosses when I go to pollinate the females in the other room. And with her advise and my experience flowering the strains I have several times, it should be fairly easy to weed out unwanted crosses from the seeds I am keeping. Again none of the seeds I produce are for sale so the odd cross is not an issue.

As far as the STS sprayed plants, the seeds that come off the sprayed plants will be given away to other growers in my area that cannot afford to buy seeds very often but like to explore new genetics when they can. I know the plants I'm breeding are vigorous so the variety of seeds the males produce are likely to be vigorous as well. they are like bonus seeds full of mystery. Again these are bonus seeds, the seeds I will be keeping are the ones from the female plants in another room.

Back
Top Bottom