750 Watt LED, 4x4 Gorilla Shorty Tent

RockyMTNnug

First grow here, and I figured I might as well keep a journal of it. From what I have gathered coco coir is a great way to grow big sinsemilla plants. So below I will list my grow tent/hardware setup, nutrients, and amendments.

Here is my setup:

Gorilla Shorty Tent - 4x4x6
750 Watt LED with mix of 3w and 5w diodes. Actual wattage used is 430. 4'x4' footprint. 3.58 amps.
4" Active Air Inline Fan - 165 CFM - 113w and .95amps
BluePrint Controller
4"x12" Phresh Carbon Filter
2x - 8" Active Air Clip on Fans 8w each.

Nutrients and Supplements:

Canna Start - nutrient for seedlings and rooted cuttings
Canna Coco A + B - two part nutrient system for coco coir
Canna Rhizotonic - root stimulator
Canna Cannazym - break down dead roots and activate beneficial micro organisms
M.O.A.B. - bloom enhancer and ripening agent.
FloraNectar Sugarcane - Basically, it's molasses.

Future Hardware:
Dehumidifier
Oil Filled Radiant Heater - any suggestions for 120sq ft basement.

I will be using coco coir and perilite mix with a 72/28 ratio. I will also be using smartpots, starting at 2 gallons and ending at 5 gallons.

IMG_20150912_144956508.jpg

IMG_20150912_145017441.jpg

Right now I got the Blueberry Kush clones trying to root in the cloning tray (I was told it was Blueberry OG, but I think Blueberry Kush is the proper name.) These clones are clones of a clone, and I know there is a lot of discussion about genetic drift so if anyone has any input about this theory please elaborate. I'm going to use these cutting as my first grow as the mother clone looked great compared to my buddies other girls (different strains).

Also, if anyone has any kind of unbiased advice on which seed companies they like online or with Colorado please share.

I hope you enjoy this journey with me, please subscribe and share your experiences.

Thank you,

-RockyMTNnug
:ganjamon:

PurpleGunRack,

Thanks for welcoming me! It seems like a great community. I'm looking for both seed breeder and shops within Colorado, or if you have any recommendations for online shops that would be great too! :thumb:

Update: I guess three of the clones weren't taking root. The last two days I had stopped watering the clones from on top, and only misted the leaves so that the media would dry out a bit and the roots (or lack thereof) would grow in search for water. Well three of the clones had shriveled into small dry stem and leaves over night, BUT the other three were standing straight up and looking very strong. Looks like only the strong survive (which is what i want).

Here's a pic of the three girls left standing:
clones139.jpg

Love the nickname and a Big Blue/Purp fan. Hope it's cool if I pull up my Lazy-Boy and watch the show. All the reviews I have read on here about the seed sponsors are really good. Seems like ! Buy Cannabis Seeds - Worldwide Delivery - Herbies Marijuana Seeds gets a lot of love. I can testify myself, I recently won the free seed give away Herbies Competition - Win Seeds! and got my beans in one week. That's clearing customs and shipping to a state that thinks cannabis is wrong. Good luck with the grow and Thanks for the journal.

All I know about Colorado is that it could be the new promised land:)

Yeah Herbies is a good place to shop for seeds, they also have a pick-and-mix site where you can buy single seeds so you can try out multiple strains without having to buy packs of seeds.

There's a breeder discussion thread here: Which Breeders Are You Using?

Happy growing:Namaste:

Well it seems everyone likes Herbies!

So, I went and checked out my girls tonight for their nightly misting and guess what i found?! I found pistils growing from the nodes! I got these from about a two month mother, from a buddy. I guess the reason why I'm excited is because I see the pistils as a sign of roots forming and functioning.

What do you guys think?
pistils15.jpg

Hey guys regarding giving nutrients to clones. After much research I've learned that giving clones nutes before having fully formed roots could lead to having cauliflower like nubs at your cut site, and probably ruined half my clones. I'm down to two clones now, I pulled one today to check to see if any root development had begun. Unfortunately, roots had started on the clone that I pulled, but I also saw the cauliflower type appearance at the site of the cut.

DO NOT give your clones nutes until they have developed solid root systems. I believe it leads to the clone cut site locking up and not developing roots.

Anyone have any similar experiences, please share.

Well it seems everyone likes Herbies!

So, I went and checked out my girls tonight for their nightly misting and guess what i found?! I found pistils growing from the nodes! I got these from about a two month mother, from a buddy. I guess the reason why I'm excited is because I see the pistils as a sign of roots forming and functioning.

What do you guys think?
pistils15.jpg

Was the mother of that plant in flowering stage when the clones were cut?

If anyone is growing in coco or hydroponics I have some advice for you. Whenever your ph is below 6.2 it is harder for the plant to absorb cal/mag so it is good to add some extra to help with the intake of these nutrients!

5.8 is the sweet spot. You want to use a range not specific values like from 5.5_6.0 veg 5.8_6.2 flower. Speaking from experience you can veg at 5.2_5.8 but when you flick have it at 5.8 with some Epsom salts for the mag( magnesium sulphate). Their is already enough calcium in my water supply so don't want to use calcium to ease the mjs mag hunger.

5.8 is the sweet spot. You want to use a range not specific values like from 5.5_6.0 veg 5.8_6.2 flower. Speaking from experience you can veg at 5.2_5.8 but when you flick have it at 5.8 with some Epsom salts for the mag( magnesium sulphate). Their is already enough calcium in my water supply so don't want to use calcium to ease the mjs mag hunger.

If you are using R/O water it would be good to supplement with cal/mag. Everyone needs to adjust their nutes based on their specific water source.

If you are using R/O water it would be good to supplement with cal/mag. Everyone needs to adjust their nutes based on their specific water source.

Mj requires nearly trace amounts of calcium where as it loves the mag, the more calcium you add the less mag gets uptook, also vice versa. Cal/mag is good for chillis as its genetics the calcium and mag doesn't lock each other out like it does with cannabis. Normally the calcium present in the water supply is enough unless as you say, your using a RO filter or you live in a strange place with hardly no calcium in the water supply.

Use Epsom salts, not cal/mag and you'll see just what it wants.

Why ease the mag cravings with calcium instead of just adding the mag raw with epsom salts(magnesium sulphate).

Back
Top Bottom