79 Xmas Bud IBL, Critical Mass, Maui Waui

Wow the Xmas Bud are looking good!!! Leaves look identical to the ones I planted, fat blades with lots of jagged serrations.

Hope it turns out dank for you! makes me want to pop some of the seeds I made with it :) lol. I never smoked it because the plant material was too full of premature seeds for me to smoke....(i did a seed project with them).
I have been considering if i want to breed these for seeds if i get both a male and female, but im not sure. It would also be nice to have some bud that was virgin as well. But i suppose until i flip the switch and find out whats what with these two it's a bit premature of me. I almost kind of feel like if i make plans one way or the other im going to jinx it and they are both going to turn out to be males again.

I have been considering if i want to breed these for seeds if i get both a male and female, but im not sure. It would also be nice to have some bud that was virgin as well. But i suppose until i flip the switch and find out whats what with these two it's a bit premature of me. I almost kind of feel like if i make plans one way or the other im going to jinx it and they are both going to turn out to be males again.
I feel your dilemma as I go through it all the time.. .like I love my homegrown flower, but I also am having so much fun making seeds, I've opted out of flower the last few runs...LOL and had to go buy expensive subpar dispensary flower...lol..

Not sure if you have an extra area to veg and clone, but if so, you could always take clones of each plant... and then depending on if you get a male or not, you can decide then, and you still have copies of each plant.

I will just say... cannabis is not addictive but pollen chucking is!!! LOL. Have a great holiday weekend Fuzzy!!

I feel your dilemma as I go through it all the time.. .like I love my homegrown flower, but I also am having so much fun making seeds, I've opted out of flower the last few runs...LOL and had to go buy expensive subpar dispensary flower...lol..

Not sure if you have an extra area to veg and clone, but if so, you could always take clones of each plant... and then depending on if you get a male or not, you can decide then, and you still have copies of each plant.

I will just say... cannabis is not addictive but pollen chucking is!!! LOL. Have a great holiday weekend Fuzzy!!
That is a good idea, I think im probably going to do that. i really want some seeds and i really want some virgin bud as well. I have cloned once before, and it went well all the clones survived. I have clonex but it's about a year old, im going to have to look into what the shelf life of that stuff is. Hope you had a great holiday weekend to!

Week six, Day 42. Only 18 more days to go till it's time to flower! Here is the weekly update. The critical mass and maui waui were pretty thirsty when i took these pics, i gave them a gallon and a half of water a piece and they perked right back up. Xmas bud is doing great, a little smaller than the ones in the grow tent but i suppose it's not to suprising since they are just on the basement floor and not surrounded by mylar like the other ones. The plant risers are amazing! i love these things they are going to be great for when i accidentally over water when the plants in the tent are tied up to the netting and i cant move them any more to drain the run off tray.
DSC09129.JPG
DSC09130.JPG
DSC09131.JPG
DSC09132.JPG
DSC09133.JPG
DSC09134.JPG

Oh also if your wondering what that little cylinder tube is between the critical mass and maui waui. It is some giant sequia tree seeds that i bought. I germinated them in the fridge for about a month and just stuck them in the grow tent a couple of days ago. im hoping by next weeks update i'll have a couple of them sprouting up.

That is a good idea, I think im probably going to do that. i really want some seeds and i really want some virgin bud as well. I have cloned once before, and it went well all the clones survived. I have clonex but it's about a year old, im going to have to look into what the shelf life of that stuff is. Hope you had a great holiday weekend to!
I usually take 3 clones of each plant, and although usually all 3 root, I'd rather have extras that I can throw away (or give away) than to come up short and not have any roots.

Perpetual grow is definitely the way to go :) I always have 1 tent vegging and the other flowering which cuts cycle down 1/2 time :)

Best of luck to ya!! :Rasta:

Week six, Day 42. Only 18 more days to go till it's time to flower! Here is the weekly update. The critical mass and maui waui were pretty thirsty when i took these pics, i gave them a gallon and a half of water a piece and they perked right back up. Xmas bud is doing great, a little smaller than the ones in the grow tent but i suppose it's not to suprising since they are just on the basement floor and not surrounded by mylar like the other ones. The plant risers are amazing! i love these things they are going to be great for when i accidentally over water when the plants in the tent are tied up to the netting and i cant move them any more to drain the run off tray.
DSC09129.JPG
DSC09130.JPG
DSC09131.JPG
DSC09132.JPG
DSC09133.JPG
DSC09134.JPG
The plants look very very healthy!!!! Great job!!!!

My Xmas bud plants were slower growing than other strains too, I believe its because they are 100% indica (afghani I believe)

Very happy plants!!! NicE!!

I usually take 3 clones of each plant, and although usually all 3 root, I'd rather have extras that I can throw away (or give away) than to come up short and not have any roots.

Perpetual grow is definitely the way to go :) I always have 1 tent vegging and the other flowering which cuts cycle down 1/2 time :)

Best of luck to ya!! :Rasta:
I need to go through my basement and pitch some stuff im really not using. I have a computer desk and computer that just sits there and is about the width and depth of a grow tent. But it is right next to a wood burning furnace that i usually keep a fire at about 400 degrees in the winter to heat the house. Hmm.... i think i could move some stuff around over by the stove and put the tent farther away. Im going to have to think about this a bit.

The plants look very very healthy!!!! Great job!!!!

My Xmas bud plants were slower growing than other strains too, I believe its because they are 100% indica (afghani I believe)

Very happy plants!!! NicE!!
Thank you! if i get some time im going to retake the pictures of the critical mass and maui waui tomorrow to show them fully perked back up. These pics were not they greatest representation of them.

I hear alot of good things about maui waui, i've never got to try it my self, i live in the middle of no where and before pot got legalized you basically got what you got. Most weed you got didn't have any name to it, it was just an unmarked sandwich bag with pot in it. The only ones i smoked which i was told the name of was xmas bud, blueberry, northern lights, and hydro. Which come to find out hydro was how it was grown and not the name of the weed, which is very disappointing because that stuff was great and i would have really liked to get some of whatever it was again.
I'm growing Hawaii Maui Waui now. Day 41flower. Hydro not soil.

Yeah, these grow pretty tall from what i have been hearing of them. im going to give mine one more month before i flip, im hoping i don't regret this and have it grow into the light.
I got a pheno with tight node spacing. It really threw me a curve trying to fill a scrog screen. :rolleyes:

Once you get everything put together and running and get a routine that works for you going, hydro is not complicated at all.
You learn what keeps your ph in the zone and stable. What works for you on a timed feeding schedule. I change the res. water once a week. And things run themselves.
Most days all I do is check the ph and add ph down or well into flower sometimes add ph up while topping up the res with water daily. My mechanical timer turns the pump on and off to feed them and mechanical timers turn the the lights on and off. It took me a few years to get the environmental controls the way I wanted, exhaust fans to get rid of hot air and bring in fresh and ACs to keep the temps under control during the hottest months.

I have found this to be true for me.
Cannabis wants to grow. I give it fresh air, nutrients, and light. I don't make a bunch of changes in a hurry. If I add ph up or down, I wait hours to check the result. It's always better to give the plants too little of something than too much. And as the Master in the old Kung Fu TV show used to say, " patience Grasshopper."

Week 7 day 49. I am giving very serious consideration to flowering my critical mass and maui waui. Usually i wait until day 60 but these are growing so big so fast im worried they may out grow the grow tent before they are ready to be harvested. The christmas bud is doing great as well! These i will wait till day 60. Anyways on with the weekly update!
DSC09140.JPG
DSC09141.JPG
DSC09142.JPG
DSC09143.JPG
DSC09147.JPG
DSC09146.JPG

Week 8 day 60. Im a day late getting my weekly update posted. Had a long week at work taking care of covid patients, not fun, so when i got done with work for the week yesterday i pretty much drank beer smoked some bud and said to hell with doing anything other than getting buzzed up today. But im good and relaxed today with plenty of time so here are the pictures. The critical mass and maui waui are just starting to show that they are female today. And since it's day sixty it is time to flower the xmas bud. In about ten days we'll know if either of them are female.
DSC09148.JPG
DSC09149.JPG
DSC09150.JPG
DSC09151.JPG
DSC09152.JPG
DSC09153.JPG
DSC09154.JPG

Finally, A female xmas bud plant out of six plants grown and two years worth of trying total I got one!! The other was a male so i cut that one down. And suprisingly it was the smaller plant that was a male, with my luck i figured if either were going to be female it probably would have been the smaller one. I gave the female a pruning to let more light down to the bud sights.
DSC09155.JPG

Week 10 day 73. Every body is looking really good. I gave all the plants their first dose of nutrients yesterday. I might have been able to go a little longer but i figured seventy days in, it's about time. Xmas bud is about a week away from showing the developing bud in the pictures. I probably could have gotten a shot of it if i really tried but oh well in another week it will be showing clearly.
DSC09160.JPG
DSC09159.JPG
DSC09161.JPG
DSC09166.JPG
DSC09162.JPG
DSC09163.JPG

Back
Top Bottom