8 Beans DP Auto Ultimate - Soilless

Hi Troy thanks for your post.

I have about 97% germination rate out of 30~ beans only one didn't sprout and that was not DP , for DP I got 100% germ rate and my last Ultimate grow yield was amazing !

Did you scratch the beans and place them in a cup of water at warmish temps till they sunk? I leave the beans in a cooffie cup with a lid on and on top of my computer , that's gonna keep them dark and warm but not too warm .

I do this an seems to work every time.

This grow is bad , don't think I'm gonna get half a kilo ... I practically have no root mass , I keep them alive with a bit of foliar feed , but there's not much growth .

I think this is the last RDWC adventure for me , I'm sure I could dial it in but I don't think it's worth it , I wanted a low maintenance solution for a scalable grow

I have 2 seedlings of SuperBud (greenhouse seeds) I'm gonna make 2 mothers out of them and start a bigger coco grow

I'm not sure what happened on the first batch. I lightly sanded them and put in water until the sank. I then put them in paper towel inside a ziplock bag. They cracked and started a tap. I dropped the seeds but when I just dug them up the roots look like they rotted... Ugh. I am suspicious that I should have let the tap root grow longer before dropping them into Coco.

The DP's I dropped yesterday have cracked and are starting to send out a tap...I'm going to just let them go until they have a longer tap and then put them into Rockwool cubes until the pop up.

I ran one of my plants in DWC last round and it really did great with one exception. I screwed up and accidently unplugged my air bubbler and came down with a case of Root Rot. I used a root inoculant and recovered and had a decent harvest of about 4 ounces. What I found was that DWC for me was a lot more work having to change the reservoir once a week but the plant "Platinum OG" was about 2x the size of her sister in soil "Girl Scout Cookies".

OK , so not I'm not that ashamed of my girls

2018-01-31_18_37_04.jpg

2018-01-31_18_37_12.jpg

2018-01-31_18_37_43.jpg

2018-01-31_18_38_39.jpg

and 2 mothers SuperBud from greenhouse seeds
20% SATIVA - 80% INDICA

THC: 17.33% CBD: 0.24% CBN: 1.93%

GENETICS
Big Bud x Skunk.

EFFECTS
A very strong body-effect, almost narcotic.
Medicinally effective for appetite stimulation and lack of sleep.

FLOWERING INDOOR
8 weeks, with production up to 900 gr/m2.
Very good for SoG or ScrOG.

2018-01-31_18_37_30.jpg

I grow the mothers with AN 2 part con. gave them some voodoo juice and gh diamond black crap and some root scrambalizer and some spray for roots and ...that's about it .. no , spray for bugs cause I saw a very very thin spider like string .. so nuked the tent !

preemptive strike ftw !!!!

I got so many bottles of potions I think I'm going insane :)

The leaf could be Ca def , but it's because of the root problems I had for the last month , I had to cut all the roots basically , ARTS makes a medicine for root rot that's amazing , you spray the plants and in a few days it grows new roots like crazy and kills the root rot by herself.

I managed to make a water chiller and lower the temps , a few res changes and enzymes and now they look like they recovered quite well but it was most part of 2-3 weeks battle .

I'm going coco and clones after this run , get a better grasp over the plants , hydro and autos are way too fast for me.

I see you use Plagron nuts , I got some stuff from them but not the base nutes, I think I'll switch to plagron in the future, I'm really impressed with the ph- , I get stable 5.9 PH for 1 week after I dial it in.

I am very satisfied with my plagron products ... especially the two part cocos nutrients has added calcium and magnesium ... and their cocos substrate is also superior in my opinion ...

i am in love with the coco ! ;)

its a golden cross between hydro and soil growstyles ... very Ph stable - no more overwatering - you can semihydro them(feed daily with runoff like i try)- way less attractive to pests (i have springtails but they can stay as they are benine to cannabis) - superior drainage and it always holds 20-30% air (hence the no overwatering) - and tbh for me since i started using cocos it has been pretty much easy cruising cause it eliminates pretty much all unknown variables that soil brings (no more to-dry-to-wet-to-hot-PH-drifting-living(bugs)-soil for me)

downside of coco: unless you introduce alot of bacteria you cant really go organic in cocos - it needs a lot of calmag especially with LEDs - soil gives slightly better taste especially with organic nutes

Guys I got this problem ... 2 out of 8 plants are not flowering ...light sch is 22/2 , I don't want to go 12/12 , I need to keep venting and outside temps are low, I will need to heat u.

I changed the lights to 2x 600HPS , I gave them bloom nutes and what not ...they are not stunted, they grow like monsters each day ... huge leafs ... just are stuck in pre-flower, it's been more than one week now .

Guys I got this problem ... 2 out of 8 plants are not flowering ...light sch is 22/2 , I don't want to go 12/12 , I need to keep venting and outside temps are low, I will need to heat u.

I changed the lights to 2x 600HPS , I gave them bloom nutes and what not ...they are not stunted, they grow like monsters each day ... huge leafs ... just are stuck in pre-flower, it's been more than one week now .

Hang in there man. Autos don't need lights changed to 12/12. Many grow Autos at 18/6. I'm growing my Auto Ultimate's at 20/5 but mine are still just seedlings. Have you seen any pre-flower in the nodes yet? How many days are they now?

My Amnesia Haze Auto just started flowering at day 40... it is now on day 46 and 6 in flower ... see signature when interested

My Amnesia Haze Auto just started flowering at day 40... it is now on day 46 and 6 in flower ... see signature when interested

Thanks - will give it a look. I'm keeping an eye on your Auto-Ultimate's as I have 3 growing currently. I want to see you hit it out of the park with them.

What day did the first of the group start flowering?

Well six of them started to flower last week , so around day 45 , I kept waiting for the 2 .. but nothing , all of them reached maturity , all signs are there .

I guess because of the root rot and me cutting all the roots 2 times actually they are way behind the biological clock

here look at this monster
unflower50d.jpg

Yea the root rot could have been a set back. I unfortunately had a problem with Root Rot on my last grow in DWC. I Fuc*ed up and accidently unplugged my bubbler for a couple days until I notice. She recovered but it did set her back. Good news she recovered and yielded pretty good at about 4 ounces. I just wonder what she might have done... LOL

I just wonder what she might have done... LOL

I keep asking myself the same question.. I came to a mental conclusion though .
I think the mj plant will yield what's it supposed to +- 10% given a good amount of light and not too sever deficiencies or toxicity .

I see journals running with no troubles start to finish with less than half of my yields

They say 5 weeks from flip on a Photo. I've not seen a recommendation for an Auto. I would think 1/2 way through Flower.

Some say it is more for aesthetics the increase in production. I got some nice fat dense buds.

I fkd up bad .. I'm really sick and can't do anything else than ph-ing or add some water.

I got this crap on most of the plants now. It's a middle-top fan leaf
2018-02-12_13_30_56x.jpg

One of the 2 late flowering bishes finally started to make buds, the other want's to get out of the tent.

Now I tolerated some deficiencies when I knew they had no root system for some time but now the roots are like monster underneath all white and healthy .

I feed them now my very own lucas formula of GH flor , only micro hard water + bloom at a 1.5/2 ratio or something like that ...

Wow-- that's not pretty!

A couple things to look at. What's your PH? and What's your current PPM?

Assuming your PH is in the 5.5-6.5 range and your PPM are not over 1,000 I would consider giving them Cal / Mag - To be honest I would have been adding Cal / Mag from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom