8 weeks in veg - extreme defoliation/training - opinions please

PossumLiquor

Here are the Monsters that I've created :cheer: The tallest one is about 10". I just installed two (2) (150)w HPS, but they malfunctioned within 72 hrs. (one day after pics). I am now getting a (600)w MH/HPS system . . . when it gets here.

I grew these under less-than-ideal circumstances (Friends WILL let you down) using a lil' over (400) 'true' CFL watts. I wanna' bloom ASAP. Does anyone have any opinions/comments?

p.s.- I still have over three(3) times their current height in available vertical grow space left.

DSC005545.JPG

View image in gallery

I would let bud nodes grow in a bit. Wow you cut the sh!t out of that little girl. Can not wait to see what it does in flower

New here - first post. I have a grow going and just defoliated 3 of 4 my girls last night 12" plants in pre-flower. Not near as much cutting as you tho. Wow that should take a week to recover. Those are still pretty young looks like you should have some bushes soon! Good luck with the new light, I've been using 600w HPS/MH since seedlings, you should be very happy with the new light plants will take off. You going to veg more or go to flowering? Good luck many large nugz on ya mate!

Cheers

i may have missed it somewhere, was the strain mentioned?

does causing to much stress truly turn your plant into a herma? if its still debatable , you should know shortly :)

I would let bud nodes grow in a bit. Wow you cut the sh!t out of that little girl. Can not wait to see what it does in flower

That's the plan . . . whether I want it to be or not :-D My new light will take about a week to get here, & I'll probably allow them to grow about another week under it before I switch over to blooming.

i may have missed it somewhere, was the strain mentioned?

does causing to much stress truly turn your plant into a herma? if its still debatable , you should know shortly :)

The strains are my favorites: BAGSEED !!! (I only have two (2) types going now - both appear to be Ind/Sat hybrids, as far as I can tell) I buy decent (but CHEAP) mids, look for the ones that have a high that I enjoy, & most importantly, have tons of seeds in the bag (hopefully lots of immature seeds, as well). My logic is that if it was treated like crap its whole growing life, wasn't even allowed to fully mature, cut down en masse, partially dried in the field (under the Sun!), then packed into bales before anything like proper curing, delivered on a truck to the (50) pairs of hands which improperly stored it before it got to me, & it still manages to pack a punch - well then, it must have been worthwhile to begin with! If I love & care for it, then I SHOULD be able to get it to reach its full potential.

All of the local farmers who I know have always grown from the bag & usually had good results. We would take the best, hardiest strains with the most desirable traits (height, bloom time, etc.) & cross them. The results have been that there are strains available only in my local area that FAR outperform nearly all of the brand name strains that I've been foolish enough to over-pay for. Also, since the farmers I know have either been growing for 30-40 years or are the children of those farmers, many of our locals still have some dominant traits of the old landrace strains that were plentiful in the '70s & '80s (Choc.Thai, Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, Colombian Red-Head, etc.). My next grow will include some of these local old-school hybrids, as I've already secured some seeds :-D

I MAY purchase some regular (i.e. Non-fem/Non-auto) seedbank seeds just to get some males (G A S P to cross with the best that I can produce. Other than that, I would NEVER pay for a seed (a clone, maybe).

I have heard that over-stressing does encourage a hermaphroditic switch, but my experience (all outdoor 'til now) does not bear out that theory. You're right, though - we will find out soon :-D

New here - first post. I have a grow going and just defoliated 3 of 4 my girls last night 12" plants in pre-flower. Not near as much cutting as you tho. Wow that should take a week to recover. Those are still pretty young looks like you should have some bushes soon! Good luck with the new light, I've been using 600w HPS/MH since seedlings, you should be very happy with the new light plants will take off. You going to veg more or go to flowering? Good luck many large nugz on ya mate!

Cheers

My Girls (hopefully) seem to recover quite quickly. I was defoliating at least once per week, & they were packed with leaves again within three(3) or four(4) days. Maybe I just got lucky! However, I'll take luck over skill & talent any day! Getting lucky always means that great results were achieved despite all indications that polar opposite results were to be expected.

Thanks for the well-wishes! I hope that the new light will be what I want/need. I also do plan to veg a lil' more (based on advice which I received in this thread). Thanks, again. Best of luck to you, as well!

Back
Top Bottom