850 Watt LED Question

I've heard rumors that HTG Supply has an affinity for knockoff LED's made with cheap parts... Dunno. You might also consider Blackstar, Advanced LED, Hydro Grow or ProSource for price and comparison.

And I'd probably be happier using two (or four) LED's in a 4 x 4 space. :love:

First and foremost, this is not an 864 watt LED light... It is closer to 700 watts.

It is nearly the exact same light as the Blackstar 900... beware of a company saying their product produces more power then they can possible get. (ie it cannot be a 900 watt led when you have 288 leds that are "3 watt" leds. 3x288 = 864 and 3 watt leds are driven at a max of 700mA and a Vf of 2.1-3.05... This is the reason #1 is 700 watts and not 864.)

Prosource 700... they call it a 700 watt LED but it draws 4.2 amps... aka 462 watts.

As for Hydro Grow... I won't bash the company (other people can do that), but $1250 for a 165 watt light is the strangest marketing strategy I have ever seen and will leave it at that.

IMHO, Advance LED has the best lights on the market currently. Steve and many others on these forums use them and have a lot of good documented grows with their product.

Take a look at the sponsors here as the pay to keep the site running, are good with customer service and have grow journals so you can actually see how their produce produces. There are companies out there show "independent grow journals" that are 100% false so buyer beware.

Way good info my friend! I am looking at the Advanced lights and they look well constructed and sturdy. Might have to get one from these guys. Would you be able to tell me which one from Advanced would be sufficient enough for my space?

You want around 750 watts. As SteveHman and many others suggest, I would say go with 2-4 smaller units and get the "third effect" as Steve calls it. Look over SteveHman's LED buyers guide. It explains the third effect and has some really good info on LEDs in general.

I would personally suggest 3 or 4 200's but that comes with a pretty high price tag. If heat isn't an issue and you are not against using HPS/MH that is the most cost effective route.

I just got a GrowGodess that is a 150w and paid 125 for it and it is 6 months old....switching over from a K5 with grow tubes.....any suggestions...plants are really healthy and full of buds..2 weeks into 12/12...thanks:peace::morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom