85W CLF for seedlings?

smokejoint

Hi guys, today i got a great 85W CFL bulb (6500K) for free, it was used only once. I would like to use this CFL light for my seedlings when the next outdoor session comes, only for 6 seedlings as i usually dont plant more. Will this light be good, or is it too strong or too weak? Thanks for help

Hi guys, today i got a great 85W CFL bulb (6500K) for free, it was used only once. I would like to use this CFL light for my seedlings when the next outdoor session comes, only for 6 seedlings as i usually dont plant more. Will this light be good, or is it too strong or too weak? Thanks for help
It is a good start for the seedling stage. And first Will need more light for veg after the first 3 weeks

Thanks Islandgrow for the reply, but i forgot to mention its a DUAL spectrum light (grow+bloom) is that not a problem?

I have similar CFLs and have used one to keep clones alive for almost 2 months waiting for the weather to warm up. They will support a lot more growth than people give them credit for. I've grown plants from clone all the way through flower with only 3 of them so I think you'll be fine using this until you're ready to put them outdoor. But the benefit of more light would be they'd get heartier and harden off more before you moved them out.

Back
Top Bottom