8x8 Gorilla Grow Tent & 4x Kind LED k5 XL1000

MrProper

Hi all,

I am setting up my 8x8 Gorilla Grow Tent and 4 Kind Led 1000 watt lights.

Planning on doing Scrog, should I do 5 or 4 per 4x4?

Medium is Coco Coir, nutrients is House & Garden.

Found some clones from Dark Heart Nursery;
Blue Dream, Magic Melon, GG4 and Strawberry Banana OG.

Clones on Fire;
Found a different location in long Beach. Zookies, Gelato 33 and cherry on top.

Haven't decided which ones to run. Leaning towards GG4, Blue Dream, Gelato 33 and Zookies. Thoughts anyone?

I have a 14kbtu portable AC which I think is enough to cool down the lights. I've ran them and they are insanely quiet and have little to no heat.

Also still trying to work on my ventilation as well. Was thinking on running 2 400cfm fans with dual charcoal filters.

Any comments would be appreciated, this is my first grow!!

Hi there!

My tent is 7 feet tall I think? I bought the gorilla tent straight from them. I also have an extension kit that was included!

Taking the volume of your tent and adding on 25% restriction from duct and filters, you will need 600cfm, that means both of the fans you have should be able to do the trick. Don’t forget to have at least two clip on fans inside the tent to move air around.

That a/c you have will be plenty for the tent, almost too big!! I’d try it for a while without it and see how it goes

Taking the volume of your tent and adding on 25% restriction from duct and filters, you will need 600cfm, that means both of the fans you have should be able to do the trick. Don’t forget to have at least two clip on fans inside the tent to move air around.

That a/c you have will be plenty for the tent, almost too big!! I’d try it for a while without it and see how it goes

Thank you! The tent is in a garage and located in Socal so it's definitely hot in there lol.

I was looking at doing scrog and purchasing a pre-made screen, or is it easy to make?

Was thinking of verging the girls for 1 month with multiple toppling and LST to fit the screen right and create multiple colas. Ive been lurking on this site for sometime and decided this would be best for the grow.

Hopefully the Kind Led Lights do well. They're drawing 630 actual watts. I can say at $1500 a light, im curious on the quality and output.

Was going to do 1 strain per 4x4 and hoping for an even canopy.

What size charcoal filter do you recommend? I also want to make a silencer box to quite down the sound of the inline fans. Don't want to draw suspicion from neighbors, its legal in CA, but want to be mindful.

SCRoG nets are easily made with pvc pipe and wire, 2 to 3 inch squares is what your after in spacing

1 month might be a little light on the vegging if you’re going from seed and multiple topping, you may be looking at closer to 2 months, especially if you want to fill up a 4x4 area with one plant, that is 16 square feet to fill!! You could easily fit 4 plants each in a 4x4 SCRoG with a short veg cycle

Charcoal filter must be sized to the same size of fan it is connected to, any smaller and it will add to much resistance, any larger and it will become inefficient

Hey man I’m in to see this grow! Aside from ABs great suggestions I would say you’d want to grab a couple like 10 or 12” floor fans for late veg/flower for keeping air moving under the canopies.

dude this sounds epic. id definitely say veg a little longer. i had 16 small plants under a scrog in a 4x8 and still vegged for a month. so probably gonna be more like 2 months for you, but see how it goes.

i was also in socal at the time and used clones to start. one thing i will say is, they were very inconsistent in quality of genetics. some strains turned out great and others i was super let down. some also came with a little powdery mildew on them.

with a flower room this big it might be in your best interest to start your own mother tent to make your own clones, or at least make some feminized seeds so you can regrow the strains that turn out good, although i hope they all turn out great!

SCRoG nets are easily made with pvc pipe and wire, 2 to 3 inch squares is what your after in spacing

1 month might be a little light on the vegging if you’re going from seed and multiple topping, you may be looking at closer to 2 months, especially if you want to fill up a 4x4 area with one plant, that is 16 square feet to fill!! You could easily fit 4 plants each in a 4x4 SCRoG with a short veg cycle

Charcoal filter must be sized to the same size of fan it is connected to, any smaller and it will add to much resistance, any larger and it will become inefficient

Perfect thank you! I'm concerned with the smell and neighbors lol.

The clones I'm getting are appx 6 inches. I have 5 gallon smart fabric pots. Prolly going to veg them out a little over a month to get the screen filled up!

dude this sounds epic. id definitely say veg a little longer. i had 16 small plants under a scrog in a 4x8 and still vegged for a month. so probably gonna be more like 2 months for you, but see how it goes.

i was also in socal at the time and used clones to start. one thing i will say is, they were very inconsistent in quality of genetics. some strains turned out great and others i was super let down. some also came with a little powdery mildew on them.

with a flower room this big it might be in your best interest to start your own mother tent to make your own clones, or at least make some feminized seeds so you can regrow the strains that turn out good, although i hope they all turn out great!

Definitely want to do that. Going to cost me 15 per clone about so its wiser to have a mom tent and keep 4 of the best. I want to do 1 genetic per 4x4.

I'm hoping to hit 5-6 pound in this tent. I'm thinking that's realistic since the LED lights claim to hit over 1gpw.

I have an additional Kind light that's 750 watts but draws around 400 I believe. I'm going to place them on the side of the plants and rotate the light to a new side every other day

Hey man I’m in to see this grow! Aside from ABs great suggestions I would say you’d want to grab a couple like 10 or 12” floor fans for late veg/flower for keeping air moving under the canopies.

Great advice, will definitely buy some to keep the air flow breezing thank you!

Definitely want to do that. Going to cost me 15 per clone about so its wiser to have a mom tent and keep 4 of the best. I want to do 1 genetic per 4x4.

I'm hoping to hit 5-6 pound in this tent. I'm thinking that's realistic since the LED lights claim to hit over 1gpw.

I have an additional Kind light that's 750 watts but draws around 400 I believe. I'm going to place them on the side of the plants and rotate the light to a new side every other day
check this out .. a super cool article about keeping tiny moms for regular cuts. maybe youd have room for something like this in your garage! you could always clone your plants before you flip them, put them in this separate tent and then after the smoke test decide if any are worth keeping. i wish i had done that with a few of the dispensary strains. the banana og and sfv og were incredible. then they were no longer available when i went back 3 months later :(

sorry if im rattling off shit you already know, just sharing my personal experience and hoping it helps

So I was thinking of buying an AC Infinity Cloudline T8 which seems dope and 804cfm and split between two charcoal filters OR should I do only one charcoal filter for the tent?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200510-181853_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200510-181853_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 69
check this out .. a super cool article about keeping tiny moms for regular cuts. maybe youd have room for something like this in your garage! you could always clone your plants before you flip them, put them in this separate tent and then after the smoke test decide if any are worth keeping. i wish i had done that with a few of the dispensary strains. the banana og and sfv og were incredible. then they were no longer available when i went back 3 months later :(

sorry if im rattling off shit you already know, just sharing my personal experience and hoping it helps

It makes total sense! I'm looking at a 2x4 tent to do that, is that enough room?

It makes total sense! I'm looking at a 2x4 tent to do that, is that enough room?
that article actually uses a 2x4 so id say yes. its what im currently running although theyre just seeds at the moment. i plan on keeping 16 moms in there and using the rest of the space for the humidity dome and clones.

i ran a large charcoal filter (maybe 40") for my 4x8 and i swear you could take 100 poops in that tent and as long as it was zipped shut you werent smelling anything. even if the tent was open you couldnt smell anything outside the room. im sure it was overkill.

that fan is gorgeous. definitely on my wish list now. id say start with one filter and then if you need to add a second one you could. not that hard to throw a T connector and some ducting together, but no sense in spending the money and space if you dont need the second filter. are you venting just into your garage or are you venting straight out of the house?

that article actually uses a 2x4 so id say yes. its what im currently running although theyre just seeds at the moment. i plan on keeping 16 moms in there and using the rest of the space for the humidity dome and clones.

i ran a large charcoal filter (maybe 40") for my 4x8 and i swear you could take 100 poops in that tent and as long as it was zipped shut you werent smelling anything. even if the tent was open you couldnt smell anything outside the room. im sure it was overkill.

that fan is gorgeous. definitely on my wish list now. id say start with one filter and then if you need to add a second one you could. not that hard to throw a T connector and some ducting together, but no sense in spending the money and space if you dont need the second filter. are you venting just into your garage or are you venting straight out of the house?

I'll be venting just in the garage for now. I have neighbors on both sides and don't want to open up anymore walls since the electrician did that already when he installed a subpanel the other day.

What size charcoal filter and can the gorilla tent hold up something that heavy??

Thank you in advance!

I'll be venting just in the garage for now. I have neighbors on both sides and don't want to open up anymore walls since the electrician did that already when he installed a subpanel the other day.

What size charcoal filter and can the gorilla tent hold up something that heavy??

Thank you in advance!
it was an 8" if i remember correctly and about 3 feet tall. i actually had it on the floor outside the tent. the ducting hung in the tent out of the top, and the fan pushed the air thru the filter rather than pulling it thru like the inside tent setups. theres no way my tent could've supported the filter as it probably weighed about 70 pounds. as long as everything is sealed nicely it worked great. i also vented directly into the same room. i had a fresh air intake coming from a window, unfortunately no air conditioning (was impossible to find one in socal during the summer)

it was an 8" if i remember correctly and about 3 feet tall. i actually had it on the floor outside the tent. the ducting hung in the tent out of the top, and the fan pushed the air thru the filter rather than pulling it thru like the inside tent setups. theres no way my tent could've supported the filter as it probably weighed about 70 pounds. as long as everything is sealed nicely it worked great. i also vented directly into the same room. i had a fresh air intake coming from a window, unfortunately no air conditioning (was impossible to find one in socal during the summer)

Nice, i ended up buying the AC Infinity Cloudline 8 inch fan with meter and matching carbon filter. Hopefully that's enough to do it.

I was thining of getting the TerraBloom 8inch filter but don't know.

I want to just make sure the whole grow is dialed in so I can get the best GPW possible.

Back
Top Bottom