8x8 grow room advice

John Holmes

Hello guys!

I'm going to start a grow in my new 8x8 tent. What kind of equipment do you suggest going with? I'm thinking about LED, how many, any advice on a specific brand maybe? and what wat do you think would be suitable for this size? How much ventilation do I need, both in and out do you think? Or how much wat for i need if i went with hps? How many plants do you think i would fit inside of that size?

Sorry im high as a kite writing this
thanks! /john

8x8 is a lot of space to light up. Have you grown successfully yet?

Maybe start with a 4x4 instead. Lighting is going to run you around $2800, and that’s with @Budget LED panels (8 of their 250w series 3+ with xl heatsink.)

You’ll need a couple 8” fans for exhaust, maybe you could get by with a pair of 6”. For 8” size, get hyperfans. For 6” size, get AC Infinity S6 fans.

For the love of all things sacred, do NOT fall for the $100 blurple shit on amazon or ebay. Buy good lights, else you’re wasting money.

AC Infinity for carbon filters.

How many plants is up in the air and depends on growing style. Plan on average for 2sqft/plant in most cases.

Going to be a lot of nutes too for something that size. Look into megacrop.

As mentioned above, that's a big tent and requires a good amount of equipment. All the recommendations mentioned above are solid.

Also, 4 of our 500w lights is another option. The option in the above post offers more flexibility and better light distribution.

Maybe start with a 4x4 instead. Lighting is going to run you around $2800, and that’s with @Budget LED panels (8 of their 250w series 3+ with xl heatsink.)

You’ll need a couple 8” fans for exhaust, maybe you could get by with a pair of 6”. For 8” size, get hyperfans. For 6” size, get AC Infinity S6 fans.

For the love of all things sacred, do NOT fall for the $100 blurple shit on amazon or ebay. Buy good lights, else you’re wasting money.

How many plants is up in the air and depends on growing style. Plan on average for 2sqft/plant in most cases.

Yeaah, i started my first grow in a 4x4 and it went really good! That time i went with cococoir+perlite and 4 plants, with GHE nutrition and i decided to do that yet again. i feel more comfortable with it cause it succeeded the last time, so ill take it instead of soil. will that make it more of a struggle?

I decided to go with 4 600w hps dual spec lights and some cooling reflectors that i will connect to some sound and heat isolating vent pipes.

i will have an inline fan and out fan. 1500m3 out and 800m3 in.
Can Fan ISO MAX 1480 m3/h
PrimaKlima fan 160mm - 420/800 m³/h

will the heat become a problem with this setup? also, last time i went with just some runoff trays that i put my dirt pots in. is there a more efficient system so that i dont have to go and gather run off all day from all my plants when its this big?

thanks/john

What he (so eloquently) said.

Solid advice.

Would the 8x 250w led lights cost less electricity than the 4x600w? And i wouldnt need to deal with as much heat, right?

8 x 250 = 2000w.

4 x 600 = 2400w.

Saving 400w/month.

If you’ve never grown before, it may be better to start with a 4x4 setup and learn the nuances of growing before trying to go that big.

Back
Top Bottom