9 1/2 wks-4 Mickey & Kim ;)

PossumLiquor

Here are the Lil' Monsters 10 days after last Extreme defol.

I did a second Mild Defol. 5 days after the first one. . . :cheer: 'cuz that's what I do :cheer:

9_5wks7.jpg
9_5wks6.jpg
9_5wks5.jpg
9_5wks2.jpg
9_5wks3.jpg
9_5wks4.jpg
9_5wks1.jpg

comments/opinions welcome.

p.s.- no hps 'til next week :( veg til then & fire the fk'n rockets !!! (1)X (600)w hps + (2)x(150)w hps. also, just added (2)X(40)w T12 + (4)X(65)w CFL.

I WANT TO SEE something FAST !!! :thumb:

Thanks! Bushy is exactly what I'm going for.

My strains are (quoted from my 8 wk. update): "The strains are my favorites: BAGSEED !!! (I only have two (2) types going now - both appear to be Ind/Sat hybrids, as far as I can tell) I buy decent (but CHEAP) mids, look for the ones that have a high that I enjoy, & most importantly, have tons of seeds in the bag (hopefully lots of immature seeds, as well). My logic is that if it was treated like crap its whole growing life, wasn't even allowed to fully mature, cut down en masse, partially dried in the field (under the Sun!), then packed into bales before anything like proper curing, delivered on a truck to the (50) pairs of hands which improperly stored it before it got to me, & it still manages to pack a punch - well then, it must have been worthwhile to begin with! If I love & care for it, then I SHOULD be able to get it to reach its full potential.

All of the local farmers who I know have always grown from the bag & usually had good results. We would take the best, hardiest strains with the most desirable traits (height, bloom time, etc.) & cross them. The results have been that there are strains available only in my local area that FAR outperform nearly all of the brand name strains that I've been foolish enough to over-pay for. Also, since the farmers I know have either been growing for 30-40 years or are the children of those farmers, many of our locals still have some dominant traits of the old landrace strains that were plentiful in the '70s & '80s (Choc.Thai, Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, Colombian Red-Head, etc.). My next grow will include some of these local old-school hybrids, as I've already secured some seeds :-D

I MAY purchase some regular (i.e. Non-fem/Non-auto) seedbank seeds just to get some males (G A S P to cross with the best that I can produce. Other than that, I would NEVER pay for a seed (a clone, maybe)."

Also, I did not only top them, but I employed practically every training tech that I know, + a couple that I may have invented (or at least, independently discovered).

Thanks for your interest.

"My strains are (quoted from my 8 wk. update): "The strains are my favorites: BAGSEED !!"

I'm using bagseed for my current grow but its from Cali medical grow. In a Kilo we got MAYBE 15 seeds. I think there was hermie in the batch that they didnt find until too late and just left the plant finish. Excellent quality not crap, I'm well past crappy weed specially with seeds. I cant smoke that anymore.. I guess I'm spoiled with all the high quality weed coming from Cali and Colorado.

Why don't you get an MH bulb instead of those HPS bulbs, I was going to switch to HPS with my current grow but decided to get a better MH bulb with a little more balanced spectrum and things are growing nicely in 4th day of flower. MH bulbs work great for veg and still work well for flowering.

Cheers,
Bob

"My strains are (quoted from my 8 wk. update): "The strains are my favorites: BAGSEED !!"

I'm using bagseed for my current grow but its from Cali medical grow. In a Kilo we got MAYBE 15 seeds. I think there was hermie in the batch that they didnt find until too late and just left the plant finish. Excellent quality not crap, I'm well past crappy weed specially with seeds. I cant smoke that anymore.. I guess I'm spoiled with all the high quality weed coming from Cali and Colorado.

Why don't you get an MH bulb instead of those HPS bulbs, I was going to switch to HPS with my current grow but decided to get a better MH bulb with a little more balanced spectrum and things are growing nicely in 4th day of flower. MH bulbs work great for veg and still work well for flowering.

Cheers,
Bob

WOW !!! That sure sounds like spoiled to :cheer: Congratulations . . . in a way . . .
. . . If I find 15 seeds in a key .? .? .? sounds like some ferocious shit! . . . but then again, if you want to grow Even Better medicine (as I do)? . . . How do you go past (10)? . . . unless you're Spinal Tap, & " . . . our's go to (11)" :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

What I mean is that the High-End that you're burning has probably already maxed-out it's potential, & the only way to change/increase the potency/medicinal properties would be to cross it with . . . ???
. . . everyone grows Auto-Fem-45.cal-6wks.-eLBow-Mass-Yield-Ruda-Cana-Geneticus-What-The-Fukus/I] - where can you find a male - even a fk'n pollen-sac in this world full of Lacto-Vegan-Communo-Anarchist-All-Locally-Sourced-Organics (LSO)- Non-GA-fill-in-the-fk'n-blank ACTIVISTS who grow nothing but Fucked-With Cannabis strains ?!!?!!?!!?

I have read that there exists a seed-bank-storage (as the ones for originally indigenous strains of fruits, veggies, etc.) which preserves a stock of pure original landrace strains. I Hope So !!! If you've never taken you're New Rider over to see Panama Red when he was in town, or visited Hershey Park-Bangkok & tasted REAL Choc.Thai . . . well, I'm not sure that you've lived. Those long, skinny Jamaican buds, which looked like shit, would send me on a fk'n Moon-Vault for hours watching the test pattern (anyone remember those?) 'til 3:30am after smokin' @ midnight :circle-of-love:
. . . :love: Memories :love:

Traces of those exist in many of our local strains, as they've been being grown & crossed back & forth for, in some cases, over (40) yrs. The only paid-for seed that I've ever grown was an apparently rare Pure Afghan Sativa which was purchased on a trip to Amsterdam in the late '60s/early '70s & then acclimatized to reach full maturity in the N.E. growing season by being grown, S. to N., in FL, NC, WV, PA, & now, Believe it or Not on the NY/VT/Canada border !!! :cheer: The first time I smoked this shit, I had moderate hallucinations, vomited, & passed-out for 2hrs only to wake up still feeling unpleasantly high !!! - after pulling only three (3) tubes :Namaste:

I MAY still have 1/2 a cigar-tube full of these . . . somewhere in my parents' attic. (I haven't farmed in a while - (10) yrs up-state' nearly (4) yrs in county, & eight (8) yrs as a slave to a needle!) If I can find them, Good Things Will Happen :cheer: If not, I just got some Heart-Break Kid (something to do w/ pro wrestling, I think) - The HBK was originally Hill-Billy Kush (from seeds an ol' local hippie picked up in the HK Mountains on a Spiritual Journey) :Namaste: Then it turned into Hill-Billy Killer (referring to the potency; no hill-billies actually died as a result of consumption, as far as I know :thumb: )

Lots of cheap garbage, which is beneath some people's taste, has fabulous pure landrace strain genetics. I fell that it is my job to preserve (& alter to my taste) as many of these original strains as possible.

As far as the MH goes, studies have shown that plants grown under HPS only mature between seven (7)-(10) later than plants solely grown under MH. However, the HPS yield was between three (3) & (10)% greater. Personally, I am getting MH/HPS ballasts & running the MH for veg but only HPS for bloom - overhead. Now I have over 300 watts of 6500k firing from the sides & bottom. That is only to continue to encourage lower veg growth & wide, busy plants. To maximize bloom yield HPS lights emit a light that mimics the natural light of the Sun during the Harvest Season. Since cannabis is a sexually photo-reactive plant, the lower-end Kelvin-Scale colors (oranges & reds) stimulates a plant's genetic instinct to produce as much fruit as possible for reproductive purposes.

I may Torture my plants, but I DON"T fight Nature :Namaste:

. . . satisfactory answer?

Back
Top Bottom