9-4-4:co2

Jimps

Is this ok to use on my plant? I started useing this and my plants leaves turned from yellow to green and plant looks healthy now. It says its sprayable. Is it ok to mist the plant with this fert?
pic.jpg

I have a CO2 tank and regulater. Is it worth it to put in my grow room? I dont have a time releaser tho. Can you still do it manually? I am new with co2 and would like to install it in my room just need info. Any help would be great. Thank You. P.S I'm stoned so sorry if any of that didnt makes sence.

Here's a link to a nifty co2 calculator. I think you will find that it suggests a lot larger dose than 700ppm though. More like 1500ppm. Just enter the info and you will be rewarded with the amount of co2 you need at what flow rate to run it at.lol one thing though. IMO unless your running with temps at about 90 your not going to benefit from co2. And if you do use co2 with the higher temps you will need to water and nute more as the plants transpire a lot more and eat the nutes like crazy. Of course you get rewarded with huge growth as well.

CO2 Calculator - Greentrees Hydroponics

Thank you I have to get the tank filled. I'm also getting a co2 alarm thingy so I dont kill myself on accident.

I saw that this fert had fish in it, and it seems to help the plant is 9-4-4 common for growing? Anyway thanks.

Thank you I have to get the tank filled. I'm also getting a co2 alarm thingy so I dont kill myself on accident.

The alarm you probably are talking about is a CO (carbon monoxide) alarm. You are using CO2 (carbon dioxide) on your garden... Two different things. Carbon monoxide is poisonous, carbon dioxide is NOT poisonous, but the lack of oxygen can give you a headache or in high concentrations unconsciousness or death. I simply turn off my CO2 generator when I am in there working.

Yea I know the alarm i'm getting measures the amount of oxygen in the room, and goes off when the oxygen level has decreased to a point of DEATH. Im sleeping right next to my grow room and I always forget shit, for some reason:hmmmm:, so I just want to be safe. Thank you for your concern.

I need different nutes for budding?

use a regular digital timer to start and shut your flow off. The digitals allow 1 or 2 minute intervals which is what you need. I tried co2 and quit it. Too much trouble and high heat. I still have the complete set up and a small 5 lb tank.

Yes you need new bloom ferts. for bloom you want the middle number to be the highest with the last number being higher or or at least equal to the 2nd number. By the way...those number stand for NPK which is Nitrogen, Phosphorus or phosphate and Potassium or potash. I use Pure Blend Pro for veg and bloom with a little extra silicon added for pest resistance and heat tolerance as it gets hot here where I live in the summer. If I remember right the NPK of the PBP bloom is... 1.5-4-5. What you have is a 9-4-4 which is a veg nute.

High heat from CO2 generators can be counteracted by good ventilation - intake and exhaust (as well as an atmospheric controller), separately sealed lighting ventilation, and, if needed, an air conditioner. I always thought CO2 wasn't worth the trouble until I realized people were right when they stated that plants with the proper amount of CO2 can grow up to 300% faster than without. During the summer the generator can be replaced with a tank and regulator system using the same controller(s). It really is worth the money and effort.

High heat from CO2 generators can be counteracted by good ventilation - intake and exhaust (as well as an atmospheric controller), separately sealed lighting ventilation, and, if needed, an air conditioner. I always thought CO2 wasn't worth the trouble until I realized people were right when they stated that plants with the proper amount of CO2 can grow up to 300% faster than without. During the summer the generator can be replaced with a tank and regulator system using the same controller(s). It really is worth the money and effort.

Your right! 100%. I can't argue with you in any way. And I have every one of those items except the air chiller/conditioner and that is where my problems was with ambient air temps at 80 to 90 degrees during the night and 110 to 120 during the day. I was also trying a new NFT system sent to me by a australian company for trials. It was/is called the turbo tank. No chiller for the nutrient menat frozen 1 liter bottles dumped set into the res every 2 hours as well. The hassle wore me out and made me a soil lover for life lol. I also went through co2 like crazy. To the point of the guy filling the tank asking me why I was using so much gas. I lied and told him I was bad at forgetting to turn of the regulator and it had a small leak.lol
I might try it again but in reality I don't need to. I supply the wife and I with twice what we really need. The wife is so spoiled that when the buds get smaller than her thumb she pops open a new container.lol I bury more in the mulch bin every 2 months than what we use sometimes. I used to give it away but even when it's free people get stupid and have to run their mouths which only created drama for myself.

ambient co2 used to be around 400. thanks to global warming it is over 1000. plantscan actually take up to 10000 ppm before its fatal but as a human you may drop dead. temp and nut play an integral role in co2 cycles so if you up one you must up the others.

GENEVA, 23 NOVEMBER 2007 (WMO) – In 2006, globally averaged concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere reached their highest levels ever recorded. The World Meteorological Organization’s (WMO) 2006 Greenhouse Gas Bulletin, published today, says it reached 381.2 parts per million (ppm), up 0.53 per cent from 379.2 ppm in 2005.

*Lewis H. Ziska, a plant physiologist with USDA's Agricultural Research Service, did the pollen counts on ragweed grown in indoor chambers at various levels of atmospheric CO2, from about the turn-of-the-century levels of 280 parts per million (ppm) to today's levels of 370 ppm to future predicted levels of 600 ppm. Pollen production went from 5.5 grams to 10 grams to 20 grams as CO2 moved through these three levels.

You are correct that it is rising. the last few years it rose 2 parts per million a year, and 1 part per million a year before that.

They say that plants classified as c4 are more efficient at lower levels of co2 then non c4's. So at 700 ppm, they are more efficient at storing co2 then at 1500. Problem is, I have no idea what Cannabis is rated :)

ambient co2 used to be around 400. thanks to global warming it is over 1000. plantscan actually take up to 10000 ppm before its fatal but as a human you may drop dead. temp and nut play an integral role in co2 cycles so if you up one you must up the others.

We used to use co2 to kill pests on the plants. We'd shut off the ventilation and open up the bottle on full flow and flood the room. We'd reach close to 10000 PPM if not more but not for a long enough period to hurt the plants. It was a little too expensive to do often and for some reason I always got a little scared and opened things too soon so inviteabley I would always have a few pests remain.lol I had to learn how to not get pests as it seemed I was always fighting mites. Higher humidity levels and three times a week RO water mistings seem to help as they hate wet areas.

Back to co2...I knew they (levels) were rising but not to almost 400 ppms already. Wow! 4 years ago when I quit with the co2 I believe we were closer to 300 ppms. That's when I discovered that co2 calculator I posted the link to and that's why it says to add 1200 PPM to the room to equal 1500 PPM. Mabey someone with PC programming skills can make a new calculator for us reflecting the new co2 levels.

Back
Top Bottom