9 Big Bud Grow 2 x 600Watt HIDS

image8145.jpg

You definitely shouldn't be having smell issues. If you have sufficient negative pressure then maybe it's your humidity. If humidity gets too high it will prevent the carbon filter from scrubbing effectively. Usually over 60% I think. Otherwise check all your connections. You could have a leak in your ducting. Hope those suggestions help.

For reference I've been running a 6 in fan/filter since June. I use.it to filter my 4x8 tent and I also use the vacuum to filter my dry room and 2x4 veg tent. Just recently I've noticed a slight odor right before lights out. I just need to vacuum my external filter and flip the carbon filter around though.

image8201.jpg

So guys I've hand made this green light, I've place two pieces of green film over the head lamp.

I want to know, will this be Acceptable to go in during lights out.

:peace:

I'd recommend against it, your green film may not filter out all the wave lengths you wish to remove so you can use it in the dark hours. You don't want to add days if not weeks to your flower time by messing up their sleep cycle. Spend the $ and pick up a proper green led night light. imo "green hornet" makes the best ones, and they are fairly cheap $20-$25. Try Valley indoor, they have them on their website and are located in BC.

I'd recommend against it, your green film may not filter out all the wave lengths you wish to remove so you can use it in the dark hours. You don't want to add days if not weeks to your flower time by messing up their sleep cycle. Spend the $ and pick up a proper green led night light. imo "green hornet" makes the best ones, and they are fairly cheap $20-$25. Try Valley indoor, they have them on their website and are located in BC.

Hi there,

Completely agree with what your saying there. When you have spend so much money always try to save a few bucks here and there if possible. As you stated though wouldn't want to add weeks to flower.

Thanks for the heads up.

:Namaste:

Originally Posted by PJ420

Just ordered myself a green hornet head lamp so should be here within 24 hours :)

Originally Posted by PJ420

Just ordered myself a green hornet head lamp so should be here within 24 hours :)

Sweet man, that's the same one i have, it is great if you need to check up on the plants in the dark. Though i always recommend you do not go into the tent when lights are off unless you really need too.

Normally leaf yellowing is a sign of PH imbalance, have you checked your soils PH lately? and when you feed them what do u PH you water too b4 feeding it to them? It been Years since i grew in soil/soiless mediums, but any watering should be PH'd to 6.2. and in turn you soils ph should be around the same 6-6.5. If its a lack of nutes issue just gradually raise the level of nute mix in your water. Do you have a ppm meter to check nute levels in any feed you mix? Although most people say less is more when coming to feeding, i'm not one of those people. Over feeding is bad yes, but under feeding has just as much as a negative effect on your plants in the end. The only thing that makes underfeeding easier to fix is the fact that its easier to flush the soil and re-feed at proper levels, since there is less nutes hanging around the soil to flush out. You will find that flushing and then refeeding with a 60-75% nute strength will cure most issues. Are your growing in a actual soil mix or soiless like coco or pro-mix BX?

i have heard and experienced the same. i have not grown out big bud. but i have smoked it. it has a nice mellow smoke. and it smells nice. at least the stuff i had. but, it was not able to knock me down. even after takeing several bongs. i have some seeds, from bombseeds, thru bernies. some thc bomb, that supposedly has nice yeilds. in fact, i see all the bomb seeds are developed for yeild. also, i was just gifted a white rhino. supposed to be a decent yielder. of all the smoke i have tasted, NONE of the real potent streins, came off big yeilders. but i hear the bombseeds are preety potent. and huge. i will find out. lol.

My friend just grew some strawberry cheesecake from heavyweight seeds, if you are looking for High yielding and super potent, its for you. tHC up too 22% and CBD's at 1.4% which means a real knock you on your ass, put you to sleep kind of high. I can personally attest to this. lol Though real bigbud, ie, from sensi seeds, will give you similar results. Just make sure you don't crop b4 their are ripe. Its too bad that you cannot get the 'KONG' strain anymore, its old school and still beats pretty much all these new strains in potency and yield. I find sticking with the classic truly stable strains is always better than these newer hybrids. Their are much more stable and give far more uniform results and far similar phenotypes. Plus if you ever want to try breeding, its best to breed 2 older and very stable strains, since the offspring have a higher chance of being stable from the 1st generation. CherryBomb is my personal fav from Bomb seeds.

Alex, try taking pics without the hps. I find it easier to "read" plants under fluorescents, or sunlight.

Tell us a little more about your feed schedule? Something like feed, H2O, H2O repeat. or feed, H2O, 1/4 feed repeat. Watering till runoff each watering (at least 2 out of 3).

Your girls look hungry.

Edit: I have no experience with bio bizz products. I will assume though that the soil and nutes are meant to work together. That should fix the ph "automatically". Dumping ph - or+ may well create more problems than it solves. So if after you try the above recommended feed schedules, if you still have nute/ph issues, use appropriate -+ very sparingly. Ph- is typically phosphoric acid, and will build rather quickly in soil causing your NPK ratio to be out of whack. Followed by a myriad of lockouts...

Don't panic and do anything drastic.

Back
Top Bottom