9 Or 10 Trainwreck Autos: First Time, Topped, Soilless

I first started growing with a 600hps in a myler tent mate. And used the 600 all the way from day 1.plants enjoyed it and heavy yields.i say give them the best u got from start to finish for best results;)

1 week update....
Been fighting with some humidity and cold issues. Ran the exhaust fan all night with the light on day 2 and temps were 14 ℃ in the morning... Little chilly and humidity was down to 32%. So i got a separate timer for the exhaust fan, tried 10 mins every 2 hrs while lights were on and saw humidity hit 92%, then running 35 mins every 3 hrs with lights on. Then temps were falling and humidity was rising during the 6hrs of lights out. So i got another timer to run a small heat dish that warms and dries the air a bit during the 6 off. Seems to be working well.
Still running mh, now at 750w.
All beans are up and green..yay..
Can definitely see the difference between the first 6 that popped and went under the cfl for a few days compared to the other 4 that had there life under the mh. The cfl beans stretched heavy and took longer to sprout there second set of leaves. Some of the ones that started straight under the mh are starting there second leaves today as well as the cfls.. 2-3 days earlier... Think ill cut out the cfl next round... Giving the same weak drink of gh rapid start and blend every 2 days. Not a lot, seems to dry really fast in promix.. Blend is going up 2 ml per 2 gal this week then start a full line of 1/2 strength nutes next week. Not letting me add photos, wont send me to the desktop version?? Keeps goin back to mobile... Try to add later..
Cheers

420-magazine-mobile1325946507.jpg
420-magazine-mobile85946858.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1446164200.jpg
420-magazine-mobile595466092.jpg
420-magazine-mobile478451839.jpg
420-magazine-mobile902059158.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

had to switch the lights to 20/4, temps are dropping here and its hard to keep the humidity down and temp up at lights out. Hoping it will be ok to switch the lighting now, they've been on 18/6 for 8 days??

Update time...

2 weeks for the bigger 6, 12 for the next 3 and 11 for the runt that sat in a paper towel bath forever. Temps actually got a bit warm yesterday, little higher than i like. Hit 29.8 ℃.. Think the little ones might have got a little hot. Can see a little clawing on some of there leaves. Also i dropped the light a few inches for more warmth on the girls when it was cold, i have now pulled it back up a few.

Been watering/feeding every 2 days as the promix with the air pots dry out extremely fast.

At day 10 i introduced some very light nutes to all. Probably close to a 1/5 of the recommended first dose. Definitely brought some nice looking darker green back to the leafs and got some of the small ones a jump.. I was planning on doing a 1/3 to 1/2 dose of week 2 nutes here in 2 days..next watering.. I want to add the silica armor si in to the mix to help with the temp swings that can happen around here.. Yesterday was 22 in the afternoon and 2 at night... Hard to keep everything the same in the tent. Here are some pics,
Any advice to a nooby would be appreciated...
Cheers
420-magazine-mobile1909931383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile313664526.jpg
420-magazine-mobile783789561.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1343511296.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1804308431.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1889169821.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1897191428.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1428570866.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1585047722.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1938672798.jpg

you say you have to water them often, hard to believe plants so small drink that much, maybe your overwatering, let them search for water themself?
its just a thought... enough post bout watering here
i like the lift method :thumb:

there still under the mh beast, 1000w now though.. I know u said i should flip to hps... I just thought the spectrum was supposed to be better for veg under mh. I can definitely switch to hps if u think it will be better. I saw trmps hit a low of 14.8 one day early on... And then 29 yesterday. Could this stunt growth? The light is extremely bright at 1000w and about 2ft or so away. There is a super lumen setting on the ballast.. I could try that..

thanks for checking in veinz, when i say water i am talking a little water. Small ones get about 200ml and the bigger ones get about 6-700ml in a circle about an inch or 2 away from the base. Promix is peat moss, so between that light medium and the airpots the water dries out very very fast... Humidity jumps up high after feeding as tons is evaporating.. I can hold off for mabe 4 days to see if it makes a difference, but i think they will be dry as the Sahara by then..

8x8 nice, I only have a 4x4 but plan on getting another. I would wait to switch to the 1000 mh until they get a bout a foot tall or you're just wasting power. I would put TWO 1000w hps cool tubes in the switch if you have a sufficient power supply.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

i have lots of power, but cold temps are usually my problem, i have the 3xl hood that is absolutely massive, but i removed the glass as i had stated i need the heat from the lights. Its only goin to get colder here.. With this big hood the light footprint is much larger then what i need... Also temps have been stable around 20-24 ℃, for the last weekish.. Just yesterday was hot outside

thanks for checkin in eregan. I think i might buy a cheap led for some light supplementing.. Also im thinking i will need the coolness of led for summer time.. Ill just run hps in fall and winter..

If i didnt have the light at 1000 i would have to run a heater in there most of the time to stay around 22 ℃. So 500w light setting and a 750w heater is actually more draw than just havin the light at 1000.. Can they have too much light right now?? I dont see any burnt tips??

Back
Top Bottom