9 Strain - LED - Flux - Fytocell Experimental Grow - Budmaster Inside

FearThis

Budmaster.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/948082

:welcome: Ladies and gentlemen to my first grow journal.

This isn't my first time growing, although I will be trying many new (to me) methods and techniques of growing. Veg will be as long as it needs to be and I have no idea what to expect. I have previously grown in soil organically, bud was dank real earthy smoke to it. Also I have grown in not before which gave amazing growth rates and a real smooth smoke after a 10 day flush.

I have been lurking around here for quite some time picking up new information and new techniques that I wanted to try and I knew I had to have a go at fluxing. I will also be using the Gas Lantern Light schedule and if anyone hasn't checked that out, why not? I had a few seeds knocking about so everything was set in motion. I will try to check in on the thread daily and have a gallery upload once a week to show progress and possibly in between when everything goes wrong lol.

I will post the methods I am using as we move along, partly because I am really medicated right now and partly because I will forget something anyway. So far I have wrapped each seed in its own little tiny blanket of wet paper towels. I will check them every 12 hours or so to make sure they are moist enough and will check on them in a few days. I will make a post about the fytocell why I am preparing it, just so you can see how I am doing it see if I have actually got it right haha. Will also made a follow up post for the transplant.

I figured everyone likes pictures so I figured I would add what I have so far.

PS-You can find all the tech info at the bottom of the post.

Equipment

Lights
2x Budmaster 675XG
1x Maxibright 2ft 4 Tube T5 (may or may not end up using this not sure yet)

Environmental
6" Intake
8" Extract
8" Carbon Filter
Ecotechnics Evo Controller
Various clip fans and osculating fans

Media
I will be using 100% Fytocell (new to me)
5 Gallon Pots

Nutrients
This will be a bit of a mix and match of what ever I have got lying around for the veg stage, will have to make a decision on what to use in flower later down the road.

I will be vegging in a Secret Jardin L120 (will get some pics up just need to put it back together) to start off with but as when they get repotted I will move them into the main room to finish veg and flower.

Temperatures
I don't think I will run into any problems 25-27 is what I would expect with my current cooling arrangements, by the time we hit flower I should have rerouted my extract to make my setup more efficient.

Quick rundown of the strains I will be running and all the info I could pull on said strains from multiple sources.
1x Green Poison (Sweet Seeds) Fem
Hybrid Mostly Indica
7 Weeks
15-20% THC
Yield Medium/High

1x Industrial Plant (Dinafem) Fem
Hybrid Mostly Indica
7-8 Weeks
10-14% THC
Yield Medium

1x Fools Gold (710 Genetics Seeds) Fem
Hybrid Mostly Indica
7-8 Weeks
15-18% THC
Yield High

1x Blueberry Headband (Humboldt Seed Organization) Fem
Hybrid Mostly Indica
8 Weeks
13-16% THC
Yield ???

1x Fuego (DNA Genetics Seeds) Fem
Hybrid Mostly Indica
8-9 Weeks
??? THC
Yield Medium

1x StarBud (Hortilab Seeds) Fem
Indica
8-9 Weeks
??? THC
Yield Medium

2x Mango Tango (Elemental Seeds) Reg
Hybrid??? (Won 2015 High Times SoCal Cannabis Cup 1st Place Best Sativa???)
8-10 Weeks
10-15% THC
Yield ???

1x Bubblelicious (Nirvana Seeds) Fem
Hybrid Mostly Indica
9-10 Weeks
11-15% THC
Yield Medium

1x 707 Truthband by Emerald Mountain (Humboldt Seed Organization) Fem
Hybrid Mostly Sativa
10 Weeks
??? THC
Yield Medium

Great setup.
2 x Budmaster 675XG for 4x4 my goodness :love:

What is Fytocell ?

:hmmmm: Curious what you come up with. :geek:
Basically white fluffy stuff it holds 57-60% water and 37-40% air at all times with around 3% solid material. Nice and easy to root in I am hoping.

Quote direct from Greens
"Fytocell is inert foam that can be used as a soil improver to increase water and air retention or as a growing medium in its own right.

This biodegradable foam is a great product that not only increases the water levels held in soil and coco but also increases aeration due to its structure. This ensures a near perfect air/water ratio at all times.

We recommend soaking Fytocell for 24 hours before use, after which it can be added to growing media at a rate of 10-20%. Using Fytocell at higher concentrations will require the product to be pre-conditioned and automatically watered.

Very highly recommended."

Hey people,

So my Fytocell arrive today a couple of days late but I'm sure everything will be fine. Most of the seeds are ready to go or have been ready to go a couple of days now but they will just have to wait another 24 hours while I soak the fytocell.

When the fytocell arrived I ripped open the bag and this is what I was greeted with.

fytocell.JPG

So after picking a few bit up in my hand to see what it feels like, it was time to stuff my rooters to figure how much I would need to use. The end results.

I couldn't really find out as much info on fytocell as I would have liked, so it thought it would be best if I checked the ph run off.

I have seen info around saying to treat it like coco, rock wool, to flush it, to not flush it, lots of mixed info out there so I decided to go with my gut filled up a bucket of water, set the ph to 5.5, added a cap of super thrive, dumped my rooters content into the bucket and away we go.

Ok so thats the progress report so far, will update again at some point tomorrow when I put the seeds into the propagator. I will be using a 4 tube T5 for the initial seedling stage up until I repot. I have a few things left to do in the room so can't get the tent set up for another week or 2 but at this stage there is no rush I am just going to sit back and watch my ladies grow.

Well I'm back for a quick update.

I checked the seeds today had 8 out of 10 that had popped some further than others but most should have been potted yesterday. The 2 strains that haven't popped yet where "Green Poison" and "Fools Gold", both have been treated exactly the same as the rest and where put into the rooters. All rooters have been labeled to we know whats what.

So I filled the rooters 3/4 of the way put my little seedlings in there and continued to fill with fytocell. I have put them under the T5 on 24/0 till they break the surface, then will switch them over to 12/5.5/1/5.5. I have not put a hydro meter under there as I have my room dialled in and know what temps to expect in the propagator, also my room is on the ecotechnics so I can easily check the ambient temp. Anyway everyones favourite part . . .

Now a slight curve ball has been thrown my way, I was planning on doing this run under the budmasters, then my next planned run was going to be under a dimlux system. As things have turned out I may have access to the dimlux system earlier than I had planned so at the minute I am unsure what system I will be using, but I will keep you all up to date when I know.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom