90’s Seeds From Florida

Ez81

420 Member
I grew up in Cocoa Beach Florida. Currently living in Colorado. Back in 1996 when I was moving from Florida to Maryland before I left I gave my mom a few bags of seeds. These were from the better strains going around Florida at the time that had some seeds. It wasn’t the Mexican weed. I had the seeds a few years before giving them to her. I distinctly remember the strains even the smell like it was yesterday. It was durning my bike/skatebording days before I could drive so that gives me a good time reference. This is what I was smoking when Dr. Dre’s chronic and Wu Tang came out however long ago that was lol. Anyway my mom being the hoarder she is saved them all these years. I have them now in my possession and want to try sprouting them so bad but I’m waiting until I have the right setup which I may have soon, next 2-5 months hopefully. Does anyone have any success sprouting 20+ year old pot seeds and if so what method worked best ? Any do’s or don’t ? My goal is to get at least one to sprout and keep it going. I have 4 different strains that I gave my own labels so I would remember what they were. Unfortunately we didn’t know the actual names of them back then and they went by made up street names. One was super orange colored and had big fat buds. It was called Florida orange bud because we thought it smelled like oranges and rumored it was being smuggled in Oranges lol. Another one was neon green much lighter green then anything I see nowadays and it was just called Skunk because it smelled like it. I remember we used to get super stoned off what we thought was from Jamaica and so that is also one. We called it red hairs back then. It didn’t look like much, brown bud with a ton of hairs in little dime bags but man it seemed so stony. It was probably just my lower tolerance back then and for all I know it may not of had anything to do with Jamaica.
Most likely just old school Cartel weed lol
Thanks

Good luck growing them
Try sanding the side lightly to break the tough shell
Had some success with starting 10 year old seed that way
Sand paper on inside of pill bottle place in seed and shake for a bit to rough up the outside of the seed
Then follow with 24 soak in water
Then between wet paper towel in warm place
Keep paper towel moist and hope for the best !

Jamaican really stood out the first time I smoked it. You may have the real deal. The best had rusty red buds and looked like any other smash weed. It wasn't LMAO. It was some of the spaciest strongest weed I had smoked at the time. I grew up on the west coast so that says a lot.

Good luck with those seeds. Lots of early green bud down in Florida in the 90's. You may have some old school Roadkill Skunk in them

I grew up in Cocoa Beach Florida. Currently living in Colorado. Back in 1996 when I was moving from Florida to Maryland before I left I gave my mom a few bags of seeds. These were from the better strains going around Florida at the time that had some seeds. It wasn’t the Mexican weed. I had the seeds a few years before giving them to her. I distinctly remember the strains even the smell like it was yesterday. It was durning my bike/skatebording days before I could drive so that gives me a good time reference. This is what I was smoking when Dr. Dre’s chronic and Wu Tang came out however long ago that was lol. Anyway my mom being the hoarder she is saved them all these years. I have them now in my possession and want to try sprouting them so bad but I’m waiting until I have the right setup which I may have soon, next 2-5 months hopefully. Does anyone have any success sprouting 20+ year old pot seeds and if so what method worked best ? Any do’s or don’t ? My goal is to get at least one to sprout and keep it going. I have 4 different strains that I gave my own labels so I would remember what they were. Unfortunately we didn’t know the actual names of them back then and they went by made up street names. One was super orange colored and had big fat buds. It was called Florida orange bud because we thought it smelled like oranges and rumored it was being smuggled in Oranges lol. Another one was neon green much lighter green then anything I see nowadays and it was just called Skunk because it smelled like it. I remember we used to get super stoned off what we thought was from Jamaica and so that is also one. We called it red hairs back then. It didn’t look like much, brown bud with a ton of hairs in little dime bags but man it seemed so stony. It was probably just my lower tolerance back then and for all I know it may not of had anything to do with Jamaica.
Most likely just old school Cartel weed lol
Thanks
Dude I’m just a few states over and the first two strains you described and the description is spot on, I had as well . We called the orange one , orange peel weed. The skunk had huge blackish looking seeds. I swear, if you have those seeds, the skunk ones, I’d give a finger to have some of those. It’s funny because all I’ve been talking about lately were those big ass skunk seeds that I wish I could find. I’m sure the genetics is from the an Afghan skunk land strain but those seeds were extra special
Unfortunately my mother intercepted anything weed related and it got trashed on site and demand . I’m just fortunate she now sees different.
best of luck, if they were kept in a dark place and didn’t dry out they should be fine

Back
Top Bottom