9x9 tent lighting set up - Help needed!

Growgurl

Hi all,

I really need some help on this.

I have a 9x9ft gorilla tent and am currently running 4 x Amare SE 450 Led's in there.

They are awesome for veg but have just found that for flower they are not giving me the weight that I desire.

I was wanting to change from LED to bulbs and was looking at the Gavita 1000w DE or the Hi Par 1000W De Euro.

I have been reading online that unless you have 10 or 12ft ceilings then it's no point getting the 1000w DE's as they are really only made for high ceilings.

The tent I have is only 7ft and even though I have the extension kit I can't use it as I have ceiling beams outside the room which restrict me making the tent any higher.

I want to light the room as such, rather than just an area.

The configuration I am trying to do is 16 plants in the tent — So a square divided into 4 areas with 4 plants in each area.

So I thought 4 of these 1000w DE's might be the go.

I am also worried about heat! I have a 10inch fan and two inlet fans in the room already but am also wondering if I go up to 4 x 1000w whether they be DE or SE, will I struggle to keep the heat down without an A/C?

I want to kick my grow up a notch and really ramp up my lighting system. There isn't really any budget as such so I am open to all options at this stage.

Can anyone offer some good advice please?

If I were you, I would look into getting 4 600w bulbs, or possibly 4 1000w bulbs. Don't mess with Gavita DE in a tent, they can't be air cooled and so can be a real pain to keep the tent cool, you will need some serious cooling if you go this route, and I really don't recommend it.

Since you have a 9x9, that means the 4 lights you have in there would need to be able to cover a 3x3. I think air cooled 600watters is the way to go. let me know how you do!

-Vape

Hi Vape.

Thanks for the one and only reply. Lol. Guess no one else is interested in chiming in. All good I've worked it out after much deliberation. I have gone with 2 x 1000w SolisTek Matrix digital ballasts. Ive bought the splitters with them so i can run 4 x 600w lights from 2 ballasts. I chose this option as they are SE/DE and if i decide later down the track that i want to move to DE then i can. The other thing i love about these ballasts is that they will run 600w bulbs or 1000w bulbs so i can change them out for veg (600w) to (1000w) for flower.
Anyhow i appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thanks again :)

Hi Vape.

Thanks for the one and only reply. Lol. Guess no one else is interested in chiming in. All good I've worked it out after much deliberation. I have gone with 2 x 1000w SolisTek Matrix digital ballasts. Ive bought the splitters with them so i can run 4 x 600w lights from 2 ballasts. I chose this option as they are SE/DE and if i decide later down the track that i want to move to DE then i can. The other thing i love about these ballasts is that they will run 600w bulbs or 1000w bulbs so i can change them out for veg (600w) to (1000w) for flower.
Anyhow i appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thanks again :)

Well- if I had no budget I would put 5 cmh hoods in that big tent- they don't throw off the heat but really have some nice out put, and are 315w each.
My buddy has 2 - one for each of these monster plants .
Sorry I didn't chime in sooner was in the garden lol
420-magazine-mobile1775696597.jpg

420-magazine-mobile461857345.jpg

Well- if I had no budget I would put 5 cmh hoods in that big tent- they don't throw off the heat but really have some nice out put, and are 315w each.
My buddy has 2 - one for each of these monster plants .
Sorry I didn't chime in sooner was in the garden lol
420-magazine-mobile1775696597.jpg

420-magazine-mobile461857345.jpg

I think he should have about 16 plants instead of two monsters lol

Hey P. Thanks for the input. I have looked at those and agree that they look really nice. There are sooooo many options. I really wanted to go with the Gavita DE set up but just don't have the height for them and heat will be an issue too as i don't have an A/C unit set up.....
Not to worry. I'm gonna rock these and see how i go. Just having a bit of an issue trying to find out if i can run Hortilux bulbs in these SolisTek's without damaging them or compromising light output. According to SolisTek if I use anything else other than their bulbs I'm going to potentially damage the bulbs and get inferior lighting from them.
FML! Why does everything have to be so difficult. I just want to GROW! Lol

Hey P. Thanks for the input. I have looked at those and agree that they look really nice. There are sooooo many options. I really wanted to go with the Gavita DE set up but just don't have the height for them and heat will be an issue too as i don't have an A/C unit set up.....
Not to worry. I'm gonna rock these and see how i go. Just having a bit of an issue trying to find out if i can run Hortilux bulbs in these SolisTek's without damaging them or compromising light output. According to SolisTek if I use anything else other than their bulbs I'm going to potentially damage the bulbs and get inferior lighting from them.
FML! Why does everything have to be so difficult. I just want to GROW! Lol

Lol- me too , I've been sticking with 400w in a 3x3 for now ..... low budget and just for my head lol.. I almost went led but it's still cool where I live and I use the mh/ HPS to actually heat the tent lol- good luck and try and keep it simple !!
420-magazine-mobile477300232.jpg
420-magazine-mobile345123382.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1510464767.jpg

PTT, I gotta go along with your buddy on having 1 light, 1 plant, and growing a monster plant for each light..... works well for me... With two lights that would be 32 plants to tend... The proof is in the yield..

GG, these are two plants in my mixed hydro thread under ss315 lights.. total 26 oz.. The grow was in a 9'x9' room, plus a 2x4' closet..

IMG_304414.JPG
IMG_304217.JPG

I would look into moving the plants into a row and going with a light rail mover. If you want hook 2 lights on it .. 4 lihts in that tent is going to be an oven ..

Hi all,

I really need some help on this.

I have a 9x9ft gorilla tent and am currently running 4 x Amare SE 450 Led's in there.

They are awesome for veg but have just found that for flower they are not giving me the weight that I desire.

I was wanting to change from LED to bulbs and was looking at the Gavita 1000w DE or the Hi Par 1000W De Euro.

I have been reading online that unless you have 10 or 12ft ceilings then it's no point getting the 1000w DE's as they are really only made for high ceilings.

The tent I have is only 7ft and even though I have the extension kit I can't use it as I have ceiling beams outside the room which restrict me making the tent any higher.

I want to light the room as such, rather than just an area.

The configuration I am trying to do is 16 plants in the tent — So a square divided into 4 areas with 4 plants in each area.

So I thought 4 of these 1000w DE's might be the go.

I am also worried about heat! I have a 10inch fan and two inlet fans in the room already but am also wondering if I go up to 4 x 1000w whether they be DE or SE, will I struggle to keep the heat down without an A/C?

I want to kick my grow up a notch and really ramp up my lighting system. There isn't really any budget as such so I am open to all options at this stage.

Can anyone offer some good advice please?

I would consider diy your lights with cree 3590 36v 2700k 25% 3500k 75% with c1400b drivers. Either build or have someone assembly for you best option to me better than most commercial lights. Check out 42 cree cobs

Back
Top Bottom