A beginner asks for advice

luhanese

420 Member
I want to grow cannabis as an ornamental plant. But I have no experience before. Can she grow in my grow pots? Or should I prepare a small garden for her? I've heard that cannabis will release a kind of strange smell. Does it matter?

I guess you could grow cannabis as an ornamental. The problem is that it needs over 12 hours of sunlight each day to keep it in vegetative (growth) state which may require some artificial sunlight in shorter days to keep it from flowering.

Cannabis will grow happily either in pots suited to the size of the plant or in a garden bed with plenty of room to move. Keep in mind that the larger the root space, the more potential it has to get massive. It could easily go from ornamental to a small car with enough space, light, water and nutrients.

Yes cannabis does have a very distinctive smell, usually regardless of strain. It's very identifiable. If you live in a part of the world where it is illegal or only for medicinal purposes and you neither have a medicinal car or a growers card then yes, the smell will definitely matter unless you live a decent distance form your neighbors.

This is a very strange question in my opinion but an ornamental cannabis plant sounds quite delicate and it is a beautiful plant after all! :battingeyelashes:

I hope I've answered some questions for you!

Thank you for your kind advice. I have learned more about the growth process of cannabis.
I really love the flower of cannabis. But after reading your word, I'm worried about the smell. My country just allows medicinal canna. So if possible, could you give me some advice about the strong smell?
Thanks a lot~

I guess you could grow cannabis as an ornamental. The problem is that it needs over 12 hours of sunlight each day to keep it in vegetative (growth) state which may require some artificial sunlight in shorter days to keep it from flowering.

Cannabis will grow happily either in pots suited to the size of the plant or in a garden bed with plenty of room to move. Keep in mind that the larger the root space, the more potential it has to get massive. It could easily go from ornamental to a small car with enough space, light, water and nutrients.

Yes cannabis does have a very distinctive smell, usually regardless of strain. It's very identifiable. If you live in a part of the world where it is illegal or only for medicinal purposes and you neither have a medicinal car or a growers card then yes, the smell will definitely matter unless you live a decent distance form your neighbors.

This is a very strange question in my opinion but an ornamental cannabis plant sounds quite delicate and it is a beautiful plant after all! :battingeyelashes:

I hope I've answered some questions for you!
Thank you for your kind advice. I have learned more about the growth process of cannabis.
I really love the flower of cannabis. But after reading your word, I'm worried about the smell. My country just allows medicinal canna. So if possible, could you give me some advice about the strong smell?
Thanks a lot~

Thanks a lot~

Well if you love the Cannabis flower, you're definitely in the right place! :D
The smell problem depends on your own personal circumstances. How far you live from others, whom you may live with and where the plant will be growing. In the traditional sense, people have typically used a filter such as a carbon filter in order to minimize odors but that requires a sealed area such as a tent (which I'm sure you wouldn't want for an ornamental). Another option is to look online for a strain that is known for it's little to no odor, small stature and stealth capabilities.

There are too many variables to list without being there to see it in person. We're not sure if you have property, live in a unit or even share a house with Mr. Plod.

Here are a few ideas:
1. Carbon filter to minimize odor.
2. Low odor weed strains
3. Buy a self camouflaged Cannabis strain.

The third option is a strain that has an inherent mutation in the structure of the leaves which make it that more difficult to identify. This will however get more detectable as the flowers emerge.

I hope this has helped you somehow :battingeyelashes:

Well if you love the Cannabis flower, you're definitely in the right place! :D
The smell problem depends on your own personal circumstances. How far you live from others, whom you may live with and where the plant will be growing. In the traditional sense, people have typically used a filter such as a carbon filter in order to minimize odors but that requires a sealed area such as a tent (which I'm sure you wouldn't want for an ornamental). Another option is to look online for a strain that is known for it's little to no odor, small stature and stealth capabilities.

There are too many variables to list without being there to see it in person. We're not sure if you have property, live in a unit or even share a house with Mr. Plod.

Here are a few ideas:
1. Carbon filter to minimize odor.
2. Low odor weed strains
3. Buy a self camouflaged Cannabis strain.

The third option is a strain that has an inherent mutation in the structure of the leaves which make it that more difficult to identify. This will however get more detectable as the flowers emerge.

I hope this has helped you somehow :battingeyelashes:
Really helps a lot. Maybe I can find a ventilated area. Besides, I just wanna plant a few, so I think everything will be OK. Under your advice, I will learn more about the kind of small odor strain. Thanks again.

If growing hemp is legal in your country, you could grow that. Same genetics as cannabis but extremely low to no THC, and it flowers the same.
It's really nice advice. If the flowers are the same, Maybe I can start with the kind of strain with little odor and low THC. Thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom